It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GOG Digital Premieres - Call of Cthulhu Adventures

<span class="bold">Shadow of the Comet</span> and <span class="bold">Prisoner of Ice</span>, a mind-bending duo of Call of Cthulhu adventure classics, premiere digitally right now - DRM-free on GOG.com.

An original horror-adventure duo from Infogrames, (the company well known for their Alone in the Dark series) Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice are two of the very few games that get to boast actually taking place within the Call of Cthulhu mythos. With a pedigree like that, you can be sure that you're getting the best of the atmosphere and uncomfortable flavor of a true H.P. Lovecraft story.

Shadow of the Comet (Win + Linux) is the tale of a young British photographer out to capture a one-of-a-kind comet passing over an isolated New England town of Illsmouth. He discovers that the last person to attempt this spent the rest of his life in a high-security lunatic asylum. Soon, he'll also discover why… In Prisoner of Ice (Win + Mac + Linux) an indirect sequel to Shadow of the Comet, you're just another officer aboard the HMS Victoria - a military sub returning from a simple extraction operation. Just another run of the mill job, the target is safe and you're counting down the time till your shore leave. Little do you know, it's also a matter of time until you look straight in the eye of an ancient evil aboard.

Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice are terrifying 2D adventure games that received critical acclaim for successfully capturing the unique atmosphere of tales like "At the Mountains of Madness", "The Dunwich Horror", "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and, of course, "The Call of Cthulhu". Whether you're a Lovecraft fan, or just searching for the right excuse to discover the legend - these are stories you have to experience.

Heed the call of Cthulhu in <span class="bold">Shadow of the Comet</span> and <span class="bold">Prisoner of Ice</span>, available now - DRM-free on GOG.com!
tinyE: When you install you get two Icons, one called 'Shadow of the Comet' and one called 'Shadow' but they both lead to seemingly different games.
I think one is the shortcut for the CD version and the other for the floppy version.
tinyE: When you install you get two Icons, one called 'Shadow of the Comet' and one called 'Shadow' but they both lead to seemingly different games.
Grargar: I think one is the shortcut for the CD version and the other for the floppy version.
But the floppy downloads as an extra, and wouldn't they have similar beginnings even though they are a different format? One starts at a harbor and one starts in a museum.
Grargar: I think one is the shortcut for the CD version and the other for the floppy version.
tinyE: But the floppy downloads as an extra, and wouldn't they have similar beginnings even though they are a different format? One starts at a harbor and one starts in a museum.
The museum one is the Lovecraft Museum extra that was included back in the day as an extra for the CD ROM version :)
tinyE: But the floppy downloads as an extra, and wouldn't they have similar beginnings even though they are a different format? One starts at a harbor and one starts in a museum.
JudasIscariot: The museum one is the Lovecraft Museum extra that was included back in the day as an extra for the CD ROM version :)
Far out. Thank you. :D
I... just... love.. you guys!!!! Truly, madly, deeply! And floppy version too??? Nirvana.
pykman: madly
You feel it too? And I haven't even started the game yet.
tinyE: What's "Cthulhu"?
<looks at post>
<looks at poster's avatar>
<looks at post>

<head explodes in a bout of Cthulhu-induced madness>
jackster79: <looks at post>
<looks at post>

I was being a smart ass. :P
<looks at post>

tinyE: I was being a smart ass. :P
I know. :-)
FYI GOG - I just noticed that the year of release on the game "tiles" (not sure what else to call them) in the "Buy Series" section is one year off from what is listed in the game details section. See attached screenshot of the Prisoner of Ice page.

Great releases btw! Retsupurae did Shadow of the Comet and while I've watched many of their vids, I purposely did not watch that one in order to avoid spoiling it in case it ever came to GOG. And here it is!
Attachments:
Boris911: It was really good games. But I am frustrated, because I paid for it via PayPal. And successful payment I didn't get this two games and GOG support is silent. :-(
Ixamyakxim: Hey if payment was successful and it said added to account and gave an order number and all that, try this:

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
If I'm not mistaken, I think the URL for the account refresh changed a while back when the new "My Account" rolled out. I think it might be "/user" instead of "/account" now (someone else can no doubt confirm).

<looks at post>

tinyE: I was being a smart ass. :P
jackster79: I know. :-)
Of course he was joking. We all know Cthulhu -- he's the creep who keeps sending us eyeballs all the time. Must have a Van Gogh complex.
Post edited July 22, 2015 by HunchBluntley
CrowTRobo: FYI GOG - I just noticed that the year of release on the game "tiles" (not sure what else to call them) in the "Buy Series" section is one year off from what is listed in the game details section. [...]
Tales from the Borderlands was released here, what, a month ago? It still doesn't have any release date listed at all. Just GOG bein' GOG. ;)
CrowTRobo: FYI GOG - I just noticed that the year of release on the game "tiles" (not sure what else to call them) in the "Buy Series" section is one year off from what is listed in the game details section. [...]
HunchBluntley: Tales from the Borderlands was released here, what, a month ago? It still doesn't have any release date listed at all. Just GOG bein' GOG. ;)
So I guess "November 25, 2014" doesn't qualify as a release date, then? :P

http://www.gog.com/game/tales_from_the_borderlands
HunchBluntley: Tales from the Borderlands was released here, what, a month ago? It still doesn't have any release date listed at all. Just GOG bein' GOG. ;)
JudasIscariot: So I guess "November 25, 2014" doesn't qualify as a release date, then? :P

http://www.gog.com/game/tales_from_the_borderlands
No. The entire so-called month of November is a big scam perpetrated by American turkey farmers.
Seriously, though, it had no date a week or two ago when I last looked! No fair actually fixing it to invalidate my point. =P
cool