It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Purple craze.

<span class="bold">Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition</span> and <span class="bold">Gat out of Hell</span>, two ridiculous open-world playgrounds of unrestrained action, are now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 75% discount.

When the aliens invade, the fearless and slightly unhinged president of the United States has no choice but to bend time and space, the fourth wall, and Overlord Zinyak's tyrannical ambitions in order to save us all. Superpowers, mindpowers, weapons of mass attraction, and outfits that go waaaay over the top are the order of the day in this completely bonkers open world adventure that doesn't understand the meaning of "too much".

When you're done whacking aliens with weaponized genitalia, feel free to go wrestle the Prince of Darkness in the Gat out of Hell standalone expansion. Wield outrageous contraptions and soar across his demonic domain as you sin with a confident grin. If you want to make your wings even more fashionable and give your exploits some Shakespearean flair, you need the <span class="bold">Devil's Workshop Pack</span>.

The 75% discounts will last until April 27, 10AM UTC, as part of our <span class="bold">Deep Silver Sale</span>.
Saints Row IV and Gat out of Hell are also available on <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> until April 27, 10 AM UTC.

NOTE: Currently, Saints Row IV is unavailable for purchase in Australia due to censorship issues. We're working on resolving the situation and we'll keep you posted on any developments.

Watch the Saints Row IV trailer.

Gat out Hell trailer.
Post edited April 20, 2017 by maladr0Id
IronArcturus: Great! Have you tried it on Windows 7?
vicklemos: Howdy! Nope, w10 and Linux Mint, only and it's a pretty unique game, best in the series I think.
My bet: on W7 you shouldn't have any issues ;)
Have you tried that "Gat Out of Hell - Devil's Workshop Pack" DLC? How is it different from the original Gat out of Hell?
tremere110: Deep Silver provides GoG copies of the Linux versions. It's just that they're so infested with DRM they don't seem to work without it.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Deep-Silver-Refuses-to-Provide-Linux-DRM-free-Builds-to-GOG-com-for-Metro-Last-Light-Redux-481335.shtml

Relevant quote by Tomek Nalewajk of GoG:

"Our customer support representative's statement that 'unfortunately we weren't able to acquire the DRM-free builds for Linux' was admittedly vague and seems to have led to a misunderstanding. According to your article, the reason we haven't released a Linux version of Metro: Last Light is that Deep Silver have not delivered the appropriate builds - in this case that responsibility was on us. "

"We encountered a number of technical issues while preparing our DRM-free Linux and Mac OS X versions and made the call to hold back the releases until we can be confident in the quality of our product. While we are trying to fix the problems, we cannot make any promises if and when the DRM-free versions will be ready. "
tremere110:
Wtf?
They can't get the DRM out of their own software?
whystler2012: Since i see no blue in this post yet and i CBA to read through all replies.

Anyone who can tell me why GoG connect won't let me add Gat out of hell? I got it on Steam but for some reason it isn't picked up. Do i need the DLC for it to work? Or is there a bug?

And no, the Netherlands aren't in Australia so it isn't the censorship issue.
Accatone: If you haven't tried it yet, you should use https://www.gog.com/account/refresh

I had also have trouble adding "Gat Out of Hell" but it worked after refresh.
javihyuga: I also can confirm that works. I had that problem and after refreshing, the game was "addadable"
Accatone: Yes, I can also confirm that it works! :)
No joy unfortunately. Game remains ineligible. I created a support ticket. Would be nice to siphon both games over from Steam. DRM free > Steam no matter how cheap sales get there.
vicklemos: Howdy! Nope, w10 and Linux Mint, only and it's a pretty unique game, best in the series I think.
IronArcturus: Have you tried that "Gat Out of Hell - Devil's Workshop Pack" DLC? How is it different from the original Gat out of Hell?
Unfortunately nope, SR2/3 and 4 "only" ;P
I'm a bit curious about Gat, though. Dunno these games look too purple to me, man ;P
Great OST and all three, I must say. Radio Stations are a blast! Countless hours on SR3 played on OnLive made me go a bit insane, in a good way.
That community was incredible!
Grargar: 1 hour has passed and no sign of NuffCatnip yet. Maybe he had a catnip overdose upon witnessing the front page?
Almost, I got hold of myself at the last second. :D
Had no internet connection on my mobile phone over at work, seeing this just made me grin all over the place. :D

Finally! Huge thanks to gog and Deep Silver!
jalister: You can still hijack cars and drive them, just like in SR3.
Well, i might be able to do that but i don't know if there is a strong incentive to do so considering the walking speed & the ability to jump over long distances with ease; i think it is the same with open world cRPGs that feature a fast-travel system (TES series for example): it is usually optional to use it and i don't do it initially but after a while i find myself using it extensively even though it breaks the immersion for me. Anyway, i already saw some videos and all i can say is that the game development team went completely nuts with it -- and i thought i saw it all in the 3rd game of the series! :)
Klumpen0815: Wtf?
They can't get the DRM out of their own software?
Three scenarios:

1) Rely on GoG to remove the DRM - GoG may find and apply third party cracks to remove the DRM, this is probably more common with older games

2) The developers remove the DRM - if the devs have the source code this is probably the best option

3) The devs remove the DRM as best they can and have GoG do the rest - if it doesn't work sufficiently for GoG's standards then it won't get released until it does if ever. Unfortunately this is becoming more common and there are some games that just won't work well without DRM - see Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus :(

As far as their own software - unfortunately source codes get lost - and even if not reading someone else's code is often like trying to understand a foreign language. Hell - reading my own code from a year ago is like trying to understand hieroglyphics to me.

Not to mention building something that relies on Steam as a foundation and then having to remove that foundation can cause problems.
Post edited April 20, 2017 by tremere110
I have never played a Saints Row game;but I would like to start at the beginning. I wonder why the first Saint Rows game is not on GOG.....
dudalb: I have never played a Saints Row game;but I would like to start at the beginning. I wonder why the first Saint Rows game is not on GOG.....
It was never ported to PCs. It's console only.
IronArcturus: Have you tried that "Gat Out of Hell - Devil's Workshop Pack" DLC? How is it different from the original Gat out of Hell?
vicklemos: Unfortunately nope, SR2/3 and 4 "only" ;P
I'm a bit curious about Gat, though. Dunno these games look too purple to me, man ;P
Great OST and all three, I must say. Radio Stations are a blast! Countless hours on SR3 played on OnLive made me go a bit insane, in a good way.
Gat has no radio, can be completed 100% in about 5 hours. Pretty much the same as 4 but with wings.
Hello !

How can I change language in sr4 ?

I downloaded russian installer & my game is still on english.
There is no language selector in game folder & no language selector in game menu.

Any tips ? =)
Seriously, what the hell is the problem with Deep Silver and Linux games on GOG? They really made it a habit of driving people away.
Have to pass . I need to buy a new blood pressure meter .
IronArcturus: Great! Have you tried it on Windows 7?
reporting for duty:

win7 user, didnt have mentioned issues... not that it helps much but at least you have a confirmation
vicklemos: Unfortunately nope, SR2/3 and 4 "only" ;P
omega64: Gat has no radio, can be completed 100% in about 5 hours. Pretty much the same as 4 but with wings.
wellthereitis.jpeg ;P
Djaron: reporting for duty:

win7 user, didnt have mentioned issues... not that it helps much but at least you have a confirmation
Merci!
Post edited April 20, 2017 by vicklemos