It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

24/7 360 NO-SCOPE

<span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> , a rotary bullet hell, is available DRM-free for Windows on GOG.com. You can get the game 75% off as part of the SHMUP Attack Pack, or individually with a 60% discount.

<span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> is a bullet hell in which enemies aren't just in front of you - they surround you from all directions. If you want to survive, you'll do your share of spinning, twisting and revolving all around the cylindrical death-tracks. A neon-blue universe and blood-red laserbeams become your concert of stylish, combo-based destruction. <span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> offers bonus mini-missions to help you master the game's mechanics, and then challenge you with the most ridiculous scenarios. The game includes full support for keyboard and gamepad controls.

This release of the game also includes the official soundtrack as a free bonus goodie, available in FLAC and 320kbps MP3.

Spin yourself right round, baby, in <span class="bold">REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR</span> - available now DRM-free on GOG.com 60% or 75% off until Sunday, April 19, at 12:59 PM GMT.
PaterAlf: Are there really people who can beat thhis kind of game. I normally die after half a minute... :(
omega64: This would probably be a bad starting point if you're new to shmups. If you insist on playing this one start on easy. There's no shame in it. :)
To be honest, that's what I normally do for FPS games and SHMUPs anyway. And yet I'm completely unable to finish anything in these genres. That's why I wondered if there are really people who can beat that kind of game (I wasn't talking about this particular one).

But maybe I'm just getting old and my reflexes are no longer what they used to be (on the other hand I'm still getting better and better at platform games).
I'm going to clear my backlog this year.
*Sees this game appear*
...Damn it.

Also, as far as difficulty goes, there's no difficulty settings when starting a new run. You can make it harder by taking certain "junctions" to increase the difficulty (somewhat), but no real "Easy", "Normal", or "Hard" modes to choose from when you start. If you're unfamiliar with these sort of games I suggest going through challenges 1-10 (or 20) to get a better understanding of the mechanics before starting a regular run.
This must be the ugliest-looking game I've ever seen.
omega64: This would probably be a bad starting point if you're new to shmups. If you insist on playing this one start on easy. There's no shame in it. :)
PaterAlf: To be honest, that's what I normally do for FPS games and SHMUPs anyway. And yet I'm completely unable to finish anything in these genres. That's why I wondered if there are really people who can beat that kind of game (I wasn't talking about this particular one).

But maybe I'm just getting old and my reflexes are no longer what they used to be (on the other hand I'm still getting better and better at platform games).
Have you ever tried any of the Touhou games?
The series gets harder as it goes on but if you play one of the earlier titles in the series it's perfectly doable on easy.
If you go through the series you may even slowly get better.
musteriuz: This must be the ugliest-looking game I've ever seen.
Let's agree to disagree alright? :P
Post edited April 14, 2015 by omega64
omega64: Have you ever tried any of the Touhou games?
The series gets harder as it goes on but if you play one of the earlier titles in the series it's perfectly doable on easy.
Never heard of this series, but I'd like to give it a try. Any place where I can find an English version of it (DRM-free)?
omega64: Have you ever tried any of the Touhou games?
PaterAlf: Never heard of this series, but I'd like to give it a try. Any place where I can find an English version of it (DRM-free)?
Playism or Active Gaming Media just recently announced that the Touhou series would be getting English versions a couple of days ago so they may not be out anywhere DRM free but that's just me talking without further googling :)
JudasIscariot: Playism or Active Gaming Media just recently announced that the Touhou series would be getting English versions a couple of days ago so they may not be out anywhere DRM free but that's just me talking without further googling :)
Should I be optimistic that they will show up here?
JudasIscariot: Playism or Active Gaming Media just recently announced that the Touhou series would be getting English versions a couple of days ago so they may not be out anywhere DRM free but that's just me talking without further googling :)
PaterAlf: Should I be optimistic that they will show up here?
I have no idea :)
The game is trying to search for a connection even though I have the leaderboard update shut off. I'm hoping that this is just a bug as I find it quite troublesome.
PaterAlf: Should I be optimistic that they will show up here?
Not legally in English right now, if inclined to buy you could always buy the japanese versions.
Every game in the series has a fanpatch to english.
PaterAlf: Never heard of this series, but I'd like to give it a try. Any place where I can find an English version of it (DRM-free)?
That would be an instabuy if Touhou ever came here. :)
Again I ask, how does this game handle internet leaderboards?
I usually like Shmups and am a pretty good Touhou player, but I just couldn't get to like this game. The "turn" aspect just raised the complexity to far up and makes the gameplay feel tedious rather than fun to me. =/

I really wish someone would make a good horizontal shooter, but I pretty have haven't seen one since Thunder Force IV or maybe Gradius V.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by RyaReisender
PaterAlf: Are there really people who can beat this kind of game. I normally die after half a minute... :(
Try Crimzon Clover from the same bundle. I really have a blast with this one (and wrote a review for it on GOG).
Revolver because of the turning aspect is imo much more difficult - and nearly unplayable with a keybord at all since you need five addidional keys for this game (two to control the turning of the world and three fire buttons). Also the color design of Revolver is hard on the eyes and not everyones cup of tea. In both game I love the aspect of rewatch your plays to study a better tactic for certain areas.
Post edited April 15, 2015 by MarkoH01
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the "Can not connect to the server." error message that pops up every time the game is started? It shouldn't need to go online for the singleplayer part.