It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reventure is now available DRM-free. Get it 50% off until August 8th, 1pm UTC.

Become a wannabe hero who is supposed to do hero-ish things but sometimes blows that off and does crazy stuff instead. The one and only non-linear adventure with 100 different endings awaits!
All this talk about programmer art.

Well I have a dream, that all video games will not be judged on the color depth of their textures but the character of their content.
viranimus: All this talk about programmer art.

Well I have a dream, that all video games will not be judged on the color depth of their textures but the character of their content.
I wish the same for videogame players.

Fat chance. XP
viranimus: All this talk about programmer art.

In the most simple terms, the game could have two colors for all I care; it's just that I've seen far more detail crammed into 160 x 144 Pixels.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy/final-fantasy-legend-iii/screenshots/gameShotId,24740/

https://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy/final-fantasy-adventure/screenshots/gameShotId,24709/
low rated
Reventure's system requirements are very low ( which is very nice)

SSE2 (Streaming SIMD Extensions 2) is one of the Intel SIMD (Single Instruction, Multiple Data) processor supplementary instruction sets first introduced by Intel with the initial version of the Pentium 4 in 2000. It extends the earlier SSE instruction set, and is intended to fully replace MMX.
its not my kind of game ....

this game is, i bought it the minute i saw the game ( Steam) ( Gamersgate)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/45400/Fortix/

@99 cents its quite a bargain.... why can't this game be here DRM free ? ????

I'd buy it at once :D

2nd game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/45450/Fortix_2/

1.99 euro

also a nice game at a low price
Post edited August 02, 2019 by gamesfreak64
FYI: no key rebinds but several profile to select from (but not zqsd, ONLY arrows).

It's also a joke-y game, but at that price, why not.
Post edited August 03, 2019 by Zoidberg
You people complaint so much I ended up buying the game...

I find it enjoyable. People might get the wrong impression from the trailer though. The game is not so much of an adventure as it is a puzzle game were you have to find the right combination (some very easy, some less obvious) of items and locations that will get you a particular ending (while the term ending is used very liberal describing just about anything that ends a run including all kinds of deaths).

I'm 8 hours in and got 96/100 endings.
Which damsel in distress could kick such a hero out of....
I couldn't.

Bought.
Robette: You people complaint so much I ended up buying the game...

I find it enjoyable. People might get the wrong impression from the trailer though. The game is not so much of an adventure as it is a puzzle game were you have to find the right combination (some very easy, some less obvious) of items and locations that will get you a particular ending (while the term ending is used very liberal describing just about anything that ends a run including all kinds of deaths).

I'm 8 hours in and got 96/100 endings.
thanks for that review, i was wondering about the actual gameplay.
rjbuffchix: Interested in this game, but even more confused about curation now. I am not trolling, I am not advertising, anything like that. Just a loyal customer trying to find some clarification on this point.

Legends of Amberland RPG reportedly rejected in early access for graphics ("no shadows"), Reventure (not seeing shadows in the screenshots) release accepted.

I am genuinely left to wonder if there is a checkbox "is this game with minimal graphics an RPG, y/n?" when it comes to determining what games get accepted here anymore.
To play devils advocate for a moment, one was a 3D dungeon crawler and the other a 2D sidescroller. I would only expect one of those to have shadows.

Having said that, getting away from specifically talking about shadows, it does rather seem that this is far more "lo-fi" than Legends of Amberland.
At first glance, the pixel art made my eyes bleed. But, the longer I stared at it, the more I saw the fun factor in the gameplay. It's cute and funny! Instant purchase for me.