It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FPS Immortals are here.

Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can pick them up at 33% off in two bundles:
<span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>.

Wolfenstein 3D (with Spear of Destiny) is widely considered to be the first true 3D FPS ever. It single handedly kickstarted a generation of id Software greats, and thus influenced just about every FPS we've played ever since. Its mazes, shades of gray, and blue hues are burned into the collective gaming memory - plus you get to kill a mechanized Hitler. Classic.
In the early days of FPS gaming, Quake II: Quad Damage was the milestone. In a spot-on review from 1997, GameSpot calls it "the only first-person shooter to render the original Quake entirely obsolete." It was bigger, better, prettier, and smoother than any clone or predecessor - it also offered one of the most playable, and by far most popular multiplayer experiences of its day.
Quake III: Gold, aka. multiplayer revolution. Despite a controversial removal of the lauded single-player experience the series was known for, Quake III: Arena became a smash-hit and (together with Unreal Tournament) essentially defined arena-style, movement-based competitive gaming for years. The shooter spawned a community that's been living and breathing to this day.
In B.J. Blazkowicz's Return to Castle Wolfenstein, another legend is born. A unique, objective-based multiplayer mode saw immense popularity back in the day - and it was actually pretty okay if you're into that sort of thing. The single-player campaign is a dark, somewhat ridiculous freak show of morbid, scientific fantasy. An ever present sense of dread emanates from the disturbing experiments and cult-like universe, just waiting to be set afire - by you.

As with any Bethesda purchase, you'll also get The Elder Scrolls: Arena & Daggerfall for free!

Prepare to fight in Quake II: Quad Damage, Quake III: Gold, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny - now DRM-free on GOG.com. Return to the FPS immortals at 33% off in two bundles: <span class="bold">Quake Damage</span> & <span class="bold">Return to Wolfenstein</span>. The promo will last for one week, until October 8, 12:59 PM GMT.

The four titles released today are not available for purchase in Germany. These are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.
Sha_n_Dra: AFAIK beeing on the index doesn't mean you cannot sell the titles (as long as there is not also a seizure order for them), it just means you cannot advertize or make the product visible on shelfes - but if an adult customer (18+ in germany) asks for the product you are allowed to sell it to him! (and an entry on the indix list is only valid for 25 years and must be renewed thereafter))

for those who are able to understand the german tongue, some further reading on wikipedia: BPjM - Rechtsfolgen
InfraSuperman: Yes, I know that, but try to explain it to GOG, Bethesda and Steam.
Take Steam/Valve as an example: They censored later German releases of Half-Life 2 for absolutely no reason, despite the original, uncut version receiving a USK 18 rating, which meant it would have been protected from being put on the index, anyway.
It's not really illegal to advertise "indexed" games and movies, or to sell them on display. You just can't do it anywhere minors have access to, so something like an "18+ only" video store could do whatever they want.
Yeah, I gave up reasoning and explaining/arguing a long time ago within this context. Consider my previous post here as a breach in my own directives :smirk:
For the 18+ shops/areas therein, i remember Videodrom in Berlin(West) who constantly came in conflict with the juristication because of that "chaos" with the "Index", but wasn't aware that it also holds true to digital media.
My post/reply was just because the discussion here revoked some memories of mine where I actually bought retail games on the index by just asking for that title....

Just one Addendum - I have nothing against the replacement of the textures/skins of any kind of "Verfassungsfeindlichen Symbolen" if that is all what is needed to sell certain games in germany... I also remember games like Battle Isle Incubation, where the replacement of blood for Sci-Fi like Effects in the german version IMHO really added to the atmosphere (making it less WH40K Space-Hulk like and more Battle Isle) and then Jagged Alliance 2 where the german version had the nude pin-ups/magazines and the US one not ;)
But to continue from here would be a topic on its own ;) ...
Post edited November 21, 2015 by Sha_n_Dra
Bethesda, why u don't give us Q2+Q3?!? Why? :(
Post edited December 26, 2015 by VeganRene
VeganRene: Bethesda, why u don't give us Q2+Q3?!? Why? :(
I think they hate us. They are offeing the uncut Doom 2 (still on the Index) to us. Don't now why...
Curious: how much time and effort would GOG have to put into making some of these games legal in Germany? I assume it's not as simple as calling up some folks and talking with them. :-P
classic-gamer: I think they hate us. They are offeing the uncut Doom 2 (still on the Index) to us. Don't now why...
Guess: they simply do not know. Until recently, Steam offered the same uncut version of Doom 2 to German customers. This got pulled recently (supreme irony, this happened during the Doom anniversary weekend a few weeks ago!). So, Doom 2 by itself is region-locked again on Steam. Probably only a matter of time until the same thing happens here, I'd say.
tfishell: Curious: how much time and effort would GOG have to put into making some of these games legal in Germany? I assume it's not as simple as calling up some folks and talking with them. :-P
GOG probably couldn't do anything about it. Bethesda owns the Quake license. They'd have to appeal to the local authorities to remove the sales restrictions. That, however, would cost them. And AFAIK a recent attempt to get Quake 3 (maybe 2 as well, don't really know) off the index failed. So Bethesda spent that money for nothing. Which is why IP owners are usually very reluctant to attempt such a thing, because there's no guarantee of success AND they'd have to pay up-front.
Post edited December 27, 2015 by Nergal01
Nergal01: Guess: they simply do not know. Until recently, Steam offered the same uncut version of Doom 2 to German customers. This got pulled recently (supreme irony, this happened during the Doom anniversary weekend a few weeks ago!). So, Doom 2 by itself is region-locked again on Steam. Probably only a matter of time until the same thing happens here, I'd say.
I'm pretty sure it will happen here too.

Nergal01: GOG probably couldn't do anything about it. Bethesda owns the Quake license. They'd have to appeal to the local authorities to remove the sales restrictions. That, however, would cost them. And AFAIK a recent attempt to get Quake 3 (maybe 2 as well, don't really know) off the index failed. So Bethesda spent that money for nothing. Which is why IP owners are usually very reluctant to attempt such a thing, because there's no guarantee of success AND they'd have to pay up-front.
Somethimg like PostIdent could help. RoteErdbeere also got a legal offer of media from the Index working.
classic-gamer: Somethimg like PostIdent could help. RoteErdbeere also got a legal offer of media from the Index working.
It appears that a lot of companies don't understand that selling "indexed" games in Germany isn't illegal, but merely restricted.
"Return to Castle Wolfenstein" is missing some bonus content that were released at the time. Any chance of including them?

From "Collector's Edition" are:
- Girls of Return to Castle Wolfenstein Screen Saver.
- Making of Return to Castle Wolfenstein Video.
- Music tracks.

From "Game Of the Year" are:
- Movies: Behind Enemy Lines - The Making Of Return to Castle Wolfenstein and 2001 E3 Trailer
- Gallery: Cartoons. Wallpapers (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024). Tips. Concept Art & Screenshots.
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein WolfRadiant Level Tools (Level Editor & Tools).
- PDF Instruction Manual including Wolfenstein Lore, Tips & Tactics.
- 7 new multiplayer maps that were not in the original version: Trenchtoast, Tram Siege, Ice, Chateau, Keep, The Damned, and Rocket.

From "The Platinum Edition" are:
Official multiplayer expansion pack, Enemy Territory.

"Wolfenstein 3D" is it possible to add long 'out-of-print' original "Wolfenstein 3D Hint Book"? Thank you.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by wolfenstein74
It's simple: you don't want my German money, then I will illegally download the games.
low rated
astroclay: Good to see Wolf3D finally on GOG!
gscotti: Hells yea!!!!!! I am ridonkolously happy to see Wolfenstein3D on GOG!!!!11!1one111!!!
My game has started crashing out during play, am I able to uninstall and reinstall to see if this stops my Wolf3D game from crashing ?
Thanks
gscotti: Hells yea!!!!!! I am ridonkolously happy to see Wolfenstein3D on GOG!!!!11!1one111!!!
KiwiWarlord: My game has started crashing out during play, am I able to uninstall and reinstall to see if this stops my Wolf3D game from crashing ?
Thanks
You could try uninstall and reinstall though I'm not sure if that'd help. Also You can try looking on the Wolf forum - gog.com/forum -> search bottom left - and if that doesn't help try contacting GOG Support. Or you can google your issue and see if the Wolf3D Steam forum can help, etc.