It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The legend is reborn.

<span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition</span>, the return of the most celebrated RPG of all time, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

A layered story laced with philosophical undercurrents. A fantasy setting unlike any other. One of the most memorable casts of eccentric, interconnected characters. This is Planescape: Torment, the gold standard for narrative-driven RPGs of the past 18 years. And now it's back!
Beamdog and lead designer Chris Avellone joined forces to update the game with fixes, enhancements, and key additions, all in sync with the original vision of this timeless masterpiece. With a remastered soundtrack, a crisp 4K interface, and neat convenience features, the Enhanced Edition is coming to captivate a new audience and remind its dedicated fans why they just can't seem able to take it off their all-time favorites list.

Additionally, *hear* the <span class="bold">Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack</span> – a remastered masterpiece by Mark Morgan, one of gaming's most legendary composers.

Note: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition features the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited April 12, 2017 by maladr0Id
low rated
MIK0: I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.
juliusborisov: Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG.
Thank you for your reply.
To be clear, is it correct to affirm that the content of this link (https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/info_on_possibly_getting_the_classics_unbundled/post29) is a legit reply from your support center?
low rated
That is indeed a reply from our support.
low rated
dudalb: But Hasbro has apparently licencesed them to Beamdog, and thus Beamdog de facto has the rights so long as they give Hasbro their cut of the profits.
paladin181: Do you know how licenses work? Having license to use an IP or recreate part or all of a product doesn't give them control over the existing product. That would be like the studios remaking the new Terminator movie being able to say "You can't sell the original anymore."

Hasbro may be trying to funnel sales into the new game, but Beamdog does not have the ability unless they have an extremely non-standard license agreement.
You're wasting your time trying to explain something simple to stubborn people who insist on hating. Discrimination comes in all shapes and forms.

juliusborisov: Beamdog representative here.

Hello, GoG users. Probably some of you know me already - I'm the Community manager of the Beamdog forum and on Steam.

I see a lot of unanswered questions about PST:EE, mods, features, differencies, decisions on this forum (in this thread and in PST:EE-related subforum on GoG). You're all our customers and it's not fun when you can't find an answer which stops you from buying the game or enjoying it if you already own it.

Our support team will be happy to help. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to support@beamdog.com.

If you want to get answers to any of your questions about PST:EE, feel free to post them on the Beamdog forum.
I appreciate the EE versions because I like to use the capabilities of my computer while playing an older game. Actually all of the unnecessary hate on Beamdog compels me to buy PST:EE very soon and support EE, remasters and remakes.
Post edited April 15, 2017 by BrokenBull
high rated
paladin181: Do you know how licenses work? Having license to use an IP or recreate part or all of a product doesn't give them control over the existing product. That would be like the studios remaking the new Terminator movie being able to say "You can't sell the original anymore."

Hasbro may be trying to funnel sales into the new game, but Beamdog does not have the ability unless they have an extremely non-standard license agreement.
BrokenBull: You're wasting your time trying to explain something simple to stubborn people who insist on hating. Discrimination comes in all shapes and forms.

juliusborisov: Beamdog representative here.

Hello, GoG users. Probably some of you know me already - I'm the Community manager of the Beamdog forum and on Steam.

I see a lot of unanswered questions about PST:EE, mods, features, differencies, decisions on this forum (in this thread and in PST:EE-related subforum on GoG). You're all our customers and it's not fun when you can't find an answer which stops you from buying the game or enjoying it if you already own it.

Our support team will be happy to help. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to support@beamdog.com.

If you want to get answers to any of your questions about PST:EE, feel free to post them on the Beamdog forum.
BrokenBull: I appreciate the EE versions because I like to use the capabilities of my computer while playing an older game. Actually all of the unnecessary hate on Beamdog compels me to buy PST:EE very soon and support EE, remasters and remakes.
I'm honestly curious as to why you're under the impression that the EE version would use the capabilities of your computer - when all you get is basically the same a modded P:ST would offer.

I guess it depends on your point of view if you consider proper criticism as "unnecessary hate".
Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking.
p1881: I'm honestly curious as to why you're under the impression that the EE version would use the capabilities of your computer - when all you get is basically the same a modded P:ST would offer.
I haven't purchased PT : EE, do you or anyone else who has claimed that the same can be achieved with the original version of Planescape with mods as has been integrated in the Enhanced Edition tell me exactly which specifics mods to use & where they can be downloaded to get the original version of Planescape to fully support the default resolution of my 3840 x 2160 4k monitor, have the UI fonts realistically legible, not make a mess of the graphics and not make the individual spites extremely difficult to discern because they're so small? I'm not being sarcastic; I've searched the Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings 3, Pocket Plane, Kerzenburg, Weidu, Baldur's Gate Mods, The Dragon's Hoard/Black Wyrm Lair, Pearl Gates, Forgotten Realms Online Fiction, La Couronne de Cuivre, JOG's Modding Corner, and John Coutelier websites; but I have been unable to find mods that to effect this. I'm assuming because so many individuals have posted so emphatically here on GOG's forums similar to what you claimed above, "I'm honestly curious as to why you're under the impression that the EE version would use the capabilities of your computer - when all you get is basically the same a modded P:ST would offer." that I must have not searched in the correct place yet. Could you or someone else who has claimed similar to what you have please help me?
Post edited April 15, 2017 by ValamirCleaver
low rated
p1881: I'm honestly curious as to why you're under the impression that the EE version would use the capabilities of your computer - when all you get is basically the same a modded P:ST would offer.
There is a lot of changes under the hood for the EE version of the Infinity Engine that grants compatibility with modern systems. Unofficial patches can only go so far to future proof, and often do so in a clunky way because the games are not designed for whatever a patch is intended to do. Further, the classic Infinity Engine games are incompatible with Android and iOS, possibly Linux and Mac OS too.

Besides, the Beamdog release does something that mods can't do: Make the fixes and improvements a default feature. Entities like GOG or Steam can't automatically bundle these things with their releases, since they don't own the rights to do that.

Most people are not interested in going out of their way to fix or mod their games, so the refrain "If you mod..." is a red flag for them. After all, the time spent on figuring out modding could be spent on a date or catching a couple extra winks for tomorrow's overtime. Or playing other games. It is cool if you got the time to spare on modding, but it isn't realistic to expect the populous at large to have that inclination or opportunity.
Post edited April 15, 2017 by Sabin_Stargem
ValamirCleaver: ...
Could you or someone else who has claimed similar to what you have please help me?
I don't know if you'll find a mod that supports 4k monitors but have you checked GOG's PS:T mods guide?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/page1
Impaler26: I don't know if you'll find a mod that supports 4k monitors but have you checked GOG's PS:T mods guide?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/page1
Yes, I have; it does not directly address the issues I've listed.
"which specifics mods to use & where they can be downloaded to get the original version of Planescape to fully support the default resolution of my 3840 x 2160 4k monitor, have the UI fonts realistically legible, not make a mess of the graphics and not make the individual spites extremely difficult to discern because they're so small?"

Did you happen to read the list of mod websites I checked in an effort to do so?
"I've searched the Spellhold Studios, Gibberlings 3, Pocket Plane, Kerzenburg, Weidu, Baldur's Gate Mods, The Dragon's Hoard/Black Wyrm Lair, Pearl Gates, Forgotten Realms Online Fiction, La Couronne de Cuivre, JOG's Modding Corner, and John Coutelier websites"
low rated
BrokenBull: You're wasting your time trying to explain something simple to stubborn people who insist on hating. Discrimination comes in all shapes and forms.

I appreciate the EE versions because I like to use the capabilities of my computer while playing an older game. Actually all of the unnecessary hate on Beamdog compels me to buy PST:EE very soon and support EE, remasters and remakes.

I guess it depends on your point of view if you consider proper criticism as "unnecessary hate".
Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking.
ValamirCleaver and Sabin_Stargem have answered the first part of your question about the EE versions.
Have you even thoroughly played the EE version on a modern system and compared it to a mod? If not, then it would be illogical to ask such a question.

"Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking." = Unnecessary hate
Post edited April 15, 2017 by BrokenBull
low rated
I've been contemplating on buying this, but I can't justify making the purchase. Maybe if an uncontrollable urge to play PS:T again comes, I'll pull the trigger to buy. But for now, I think I'm going to wait for a reasonable discount.
high rated
BrokenBull: "Granted there are the few oddballs who only react to certain words like beamdog with complete disregard to common sense and logical thinking." = Unnecessary hate
The negativity they get is completely justified. Years after release and the EEs are still buggy. They're nothing more than leeches profiting off the former glory of the infinity engine.
For me, this was a definite purchase.

To everyone who claims that everything the EE version offers can be achieved through modding the original, it just isnt true. In my experience, there are three things that can't be achieved through mods:

1.) Fully scalable, high resolution interface. While the widescreen mod works, it is far from perfect. My gaming rig is a 13" laptop with a 1080p display. Using the widescreen mod at 1920x1080 on a 13" screen is nearly unplayable because of how small the interface is. Using the widescreen mod on my laptop was always about finding a balance between the fuzziness of using a non-native resolution on the LCD, and having buttons and an interface that was large enough to play with. The EE version has a nicely scalable interface, that just works, and works well, on my laptop at 1080p.

2.) The save/load system is vastly improved in the EE versions. Saves and loads in the EE versions are nearly instantaneous. If you are thinking that this is only beneficial for save-scumming, you're not thinking about navigating the 9 maps of Baldurs Gate proper in BG1. And, really, it's awful nice to be able to hit Q, and have a quicksave without having to watch a progress bar. Far more immersive.

3.) Native Linux support. Yeah, GemRB exists, but it isn't perfect. It works better for some games than others. I've never had great success using GemRB for P:ST. Yeah, WINE works too. I'd rather play games natively.

At the end of the day, I've spent more money on worse Linux ports than this, just to support dev's who support Linux.
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: The negativity they get is completely justified. Years after release and the EEs are still buggy. They're nothing more than leeches profiting off the former glory of the infinity engine.
Then go ahead: Help testing GemRB instead of "fighting" here in a game-forum. Or is this not your agenda? The thing is: Beamdog has done exactly this. They have already ported most games to other platforms. And it is absolutely ignorant to forget about that because the own operating-system is "Windows" and the games work already there. Besides: Negativity and pure hate are different things, but you already know that. ;-)
high rated
GreasyDogMeat: The negativity they get is completely justified. Years after release and the EEs are still buggy. They're nothing more than leeches profiting off the former glory of the infinity engine.
throgh: Then go ahead: Help testing GemRB instead of "fighting" here in a game-forum. Or is this not your agenda? The thing is: Beamdog has done exactly this. They have already ported most games to other platforms. And it is absolutely ignorant to forget about that because the own operating-system is "Windows" and the games work already there. Besides: Negativity and pure hate are different things, but you already know that. ;-)
From my point of view, the negativity they get is not because only because of their product, but also because of their attitude.

EE editions work fine for many new systems. However, overall, the amount of users who make "classic" editions work perfectly vastly outnumber the amount of the people who can make the EE editions work. If EE works for you, then good. But if it doesnt, dont write it on beamdogs forum cos you get an instant ban.

Myself, I like EE editions. I bought each 10 times. I think they did a fine job refining it. I have been in relation with programming business my entire life (sold my first program when i was 14) so I know first hand how buggy your "flawless" program can be. You do all the testing yet a user crashes your "excellent" program with just a double click. So I dont blame Beamdog for creating a buggy game. However, I recently played the BG1:EE, which is considered to be the least buggy of their products.

* Most of the quests doesnt work.
* Journal gets buggy often
* I place a note on the map. I change the map, return and the whole screen is filled with unreadable notes.
* Item's become unusable/unmovable.
* Gem and scroll bags becomes bugged. You cant add or remove items from them.
* ~spoiler warning~ In the final fight, they dont turn hostile and I cant attack them. I had to reload many times.

I finished classic BG1 5 times and I never had a single bug of any kind. But that is not the issue. I wrote somewhere that I had those problems and people urged me to post it on beamdog's bug center. and I did. They removed them after I created them saying those are not game related bugs. I have 10 computers. They all had the same problem. Does that mean all my systems are corrupted?

Can you imagine my company writes a program and the clients say they are having issues with it and my respond is "the program is fine, check your system". They would fire me faster than I could finish my sentence. (I worked with companies like Mercedes, Concorde)

NOT: I havent bought or played PS:T:EE so my comments are based on their previous titles; BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD1:EE
low rated
Carradice: Yes, you can ignore the rep system.
dtgreene: Not entirely true, unfortunately. If the initial post in a topic has been "low rated", the topic will always appear gray on the topic list, even if there are new replies. As a result, it becomes more difficult to follow such a topic if it is something you actually are interested in.
Right. Also, some people has "low rated" posts hidden as per their options in their account settings, many of them without their knowledge. So it is a chore for them to open those hidden posts.
MIK0: I would like the Beamdog representative to address that, it would be the easier course of action.
juliusborisov: Beamdog does not make decisions regarding products removed from GOG.
Thanks for showing up.

So far no bluetexts at all in the two PS:T EE threads, in their own forum.
Post edited April 16, 2017 by Carradice