It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gather your party, and continue the tale...

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> of a two-part expansion to the modern cRPG wonder, is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. To celebrate the start of this exciting new epic, you can save 33% on <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity</span> until Friday, August 28!

Pillars of Eternity: The White March is here to make a huge game even more unbelievably huge. Whether you're still in the middle of a playthrough, or completely maxed out - there's something here to make your experience not just bigger, but also more enjoyable. The White March is set to span two complete expansions: Part I is available today, but you can also grab the full Expansion Pass right away at a reduced price! For a bit more extra goodness, you can begin enjoying your complimentary Space Piglet - the bonus DLC (Space Piglet & Gaun's Pledge Ring) is free for all White March owners!

A new story awaits, injected seamlessly into the base experience for you to start on your playthrough - or jump into without restarting. Fear not though, because it's a long and self-contained story with a satisfying ending, you won't feel like you're missing out if Part 1 is all that you play. Inside your expanded game you'll also find two new fascinating companions: Devil of Caric. a dark human Construct on a bloody quest for revenge, and Zahua - a hippy monk who really only showed up by accident. With these new companions, and the newly introduced Soulbound weapons (which become stronger with time), perhaps you'll be ready to take on the new challenges that await.

Experienced players will receive tons of high-level, end-game content and a level cap raised to 14. New boss fights, new strongholds and bounties, and a gigantic dragon that's going to kill you, really.

The many UI and gameplay improvements introduced in the expansion will also carry over to the base game, so either way you will now be able to turn-up your roleplay and tone-down the micromanagement with new AI options for companions (as well as enemies, things can't be too easy).

<a href="http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_the_white_march_part_1">
Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I</a> and <span class="bold">Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Expansion Pass</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The discount on Pillars of Eternity will last until Friday, August 28, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Haven't gotten that far along in the plot, or just prefer to see it before you get it? The brave Classicor is taking on the challenge of facing the White March at Twitch.tv/GOGcom this Friday, August 28th, at 2pm GMT / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. Join him!
It's interesting how GOG allows you to buy the expansion even if you don't have the base game here.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Grargar
Doc0075: Does anyone know when Part 2 is meant to be finished (roughly)?
I would rather play it all in one go.
From the expansion pass page:

The White March Part II automatically becomes available to Expansion Pass owners as soon as it is released this Winter.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by katya_stevens
Question to GOG: I just redeemed this expansion with a code (from the Kickstarter) but if I download PoE on Galaxy will it automatically install this expansion too?
Crosmando: Question to GOG: I just redeemed this expansion with a code (from the Kickstarter) but if I download PoE on Galaxy will it automatically install this expansion too?
Probably not, I assume it works like W3 where you can choose which DLCs to install by going to More -> Configure.
Doc0075: Does anyone know when Part 2 is meant to be finished (roughly)?
I would rather play it all in one go.
katya_stevens: From the expansion pass page:

The White March Part II automatically becomes available to Expansion Pass owners as soon as it is released this Winter.
katya_stevens:
Thank you.
PaterAlf: So we get episodic DLCs now? Modern game industry never ceases to amaze me.
The Witcher 3 has the same "expansion" method. First one DLC will be released from the expansion pass, then some time later the second. Though it's unusual for a single expansion to be cut in two.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by blotunga
Smannesman: Probably not, I assume it works like W3 where you can choose which DLCs to install by going to More -> Configure.
Apparently not, the only thing under More/Configure is auto-updating, no mention of the expansion (I restarted Galaxy but still same thing).
I'll gladly pay > $15 for a full game, but for half an expansion?

Thanks but no, I'll wait for it to go on sale.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by archy2
Smannesman: Probably not, I assume it works like W3 where you can choose which DLCs to install by going to More -> Configure.
Crosmando: Apparently not, the only thing under More/Configure is auto-updating, no mention of the expansion (I restarted Galaxy but still same thing).
Ah.. well it is GOG and Galaxy after all, a bunch of issues is to be expected.
I'm really stunned! The original game cost 13 dollars(too many in my country even for this perfect game) and the expansion cost more - 14 dollars... Really, really unusual when the expansion cost more than original game.
Very nice. I bought this during the Kickstarter campaign, so I'm downloading it now. I really like the "Tales of the Sword Coast" / Icewind Dale vibe this thing has, so I'm looking forward to it.
Now if you had a 50% (or more) sale on PoE I might be interested, especially since there is still no way to upgrade the base game to any higher tier. :(
Why is the Royal Edition so expensive anyway?
Wurzelkraft: Now if you had a 50% (or more) sale on PoE I might be interested, especially since there is still no way to upgrade the base game to any higher tier. :(
Why is the Royal Edition so expensive anyway?
Look at who the publisher is and everything will be clear.
I try to install the expansion and it just tells me "This version of the base game is not supported. Please update your game with the latest patch."

I have the latest patch. I checked again for that I haven't missed the last one and I have the latest version. Is anyone else having this problem?

edit. Ok. Now there appeared patch 2.0. It wasn't there when i downloaded the DLC. I guess that will solve my problem.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by AlNU
AlNU: I try to install the expansion and it just tells me "This version of the base game is not supported. Please update your game with the latest patch."

I have the latest patch. I checked again for that I haven't missed the last one and I have the latest version. Is anyone else having this problem?

edit. Ok. Now there appeared patch 2.0. It wasn't there when i downloaded the DLC. I guess that will solve my problem.
Yeah, patch 2.0 is needed, just read the Dev's post on that. Maybe GOG should point out that the patch is needed, too (I assumed it was part of the expansion...).