It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Chain reaction.

Opus Magnum is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% discount until February 7, 2PM UTC.
Alchemy is an esoteric science that fuses artistry with practical engineering in fascinating ways. Anataeus Vaya is a master in the field but when dark secrets start crawling out of the woodwork, he must face the ultimate puzzle: how to assemble and modify his transmutation devices to prepare miraculous concoctions in the fastest, most efficient manner possible. Tick tock, Anataeus. Tick tock.
HeartsAndRainbows: Wouldn't it be much easier to offer Galaxy as a free program in the store - instead of bundling it with about 25% of their library?
Luned: That's the way it used to be. GOG decided to change the implementation in a very annoying way for the non-Galaxy consumer. We had to create a pretty big uproar to get the current system, where you can at least manually locate and download the non-Galaxy installer, as a compromise.
They did not change it completely but they added the bundled installers.. It's still possible to download Galaxy only for free by simply using the URL www.gog.com/galaxy. They bundled Galaxy with several games to prevent that especially new people will always be able to get all promised features (including Galaxy only features) and they said that people were opening support tickets before telling them that features were missing while in fact they just did not installed Galaxy which is necessary for certain features like Galaxy related achievements and so on. It's debatable if this is the best reason to deal with this "problem" but according to GOG it is working.
Post edited February 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
Anime-BlackWolf: Yeah, PLEASE bring on those classics. You already brought us "Tender Loving Care", that one is just an interactive movie, too.

There is no reason to reject those classics from Don Bluth or American Laser Games...
pmcollectorboy: And how would they port the light gun games?
There existed the already mentioned old CD Rom Versions under MS DOS (you could aim with the mouse), and there even existed versions on DVD Rom, which were without lightgun support, too.

They do not need to port anything, the games are already available, but not HERE. Sadly.
Oh okay. Mad Dog and Last Bounty Hunter could certainly use mouse support with a crosshair, but I think that would give the player an unfair advantage. My favorite was Fast Draw Showdown but I could never find a working model.
SirPrimalform: - I don't personally care about achievements but I can see why people would be upset they're not supported
As far as I can see the only real absence are the achievements. Not a big deal in my opinion.
I love achievements, but Opus Magnum is NOT an achievement-based game (although it could've been). There are only five: win N games of Sigmar's Garden (x3), win the main game, win the bonus levels. So nothing is absent, really.
Matruchus: You dont need to do that. When you use gog website you go to Library > Opus Magnum > Click on More > Click on Classical Installers and you get installers without the Galaxy. I know its not ideal but thats how gog made it for people who dont use Galaxy.
BGil: Thanks. Good to know. However it's barely faster than unchecking it in the Options.
Anyway, it should be opt in not opt out.
Yeah, everybody argued that it should be opt in but gog believes that young gamers are too dumb to know how to download Galaxy separately, if they want to use it. Thats why all installers by default include Galaxy. Eitherway more about this you can read in the thread that fronzelneekburm mentioned.

Also while getting to classical installers might take some time on the gog website its better then redownloading Galaxy everytime you download a game from the website.
Post edited February 01, 2018 by Matruchus
SirPrimalform: - I don't personally care about achievements but I can see why people would be upset they're not supported
As far as I can see the only real absence are the achievements. Not a big deal in my opinion.
Starmaker: I love achievements, but Opus Magnum is NOT an achievement-based game (although it could've been). There are only five: win N games of Sigmar's Garden (x3), win the main game, win the bonus levels. So nothing is absent, really.
Ah yeah, that's pretty barebones. We're not really missing anything then, except possibly the leaderboards? We still have the all-important histograms.
Starmaker: I love achievements, but Opus Magnum is NOT an achievement-based game (although it could've been). There are only five: win N games of Sigmar's Garden (x3), win the main game, win the bonus levels. So nothing is absent, really.
SirPrimalform: Ah yeah, that's pretty barebones. We're not really missing anything then, except possibly the leaderboards? We still have the all-important histograms.
Precisely because they were few I don't understand why not make the effort to add them.
Sometimes it seems really that the developers make the least effort possible where it's time to bring their games on GOG.
Matruchus: You dont need to do that. When you use gog website you go to Library > Opus Magnum > Click on More > Click on Classical Installers and you get installers without the Galaxy. I know its not ideal but thats how gog made it for people who dont use Galaxy.
BGil: Thanks. Good to know. However it's barely faster than unchecking it in the Options.
Anyway, it should be opt in not opt out.
Go ahead and vote for that, then, for all the good it'll probably do. :)
SirPrimalform: Ah yeah, that's pretty barebones. We're not really missing anything then, except possibly the leaderboards? We still have the all-important histograms.
Alexim: Precisely because they were few I don't understand why not make the effort to add them.
Sometimes it seems really that the developers make the least effort possible where it's time to bring their games on GOG.
I doubt the effort is in how many there are, but rather integrating the game with a new API. 50 achievements probably isn't much harder than 5 achievements, so the effort of making only 5 achievements work in Galaxy hardly seems worth it.
Alexim: Precisely because they were few I don't understand why not make the effort to add them.
SirPrimalform: I doubt the effort is in how many there are, but rather integrating the game with a new API. 50 achievements probably isn't much harder than 5 achievements, so the effort of making only 5 achievements work in Galaxy hardly seems worth it.
I understand, but I hope that they will reconsider because, as far as I'm concerned, with achievements it would be an extra incentive to try this game as soon as possible.
HeartsAndRainbows: Wouldn't it be much easier to offer Galaxy as a free program in the store - instead of bundling it with about 25% of their library?
Thoughts:
The more people who use Galaxy (even if "accidentally" install it), the more people who can get invested in the GOG ecosystem like people got invested in the Steam ecosystem. Thus, long-term, GOG can gain more ground/marketshare and devs will be more willing to spend time/money to make use of the Galaxy SDK. So I guess it could be viewed as similar to Steam forcing people to use Steam to play Half-Life 2, but of course in this case it is technically optional.
SirPrimalform: My guess is that we can make levels but they have to be manually shared.
For me it's a big advantage and not a disadvantage, when you are able to share content manually and not have to use a vendor platform for it.
SirPrimalform: My guess is that we can make levels but they have to be manually shared.
eiii: For me it's a big advantage and not a disadvantage, when you are able to share content manually and not have to use a vendor platform for it.
I imagine Steam users have the option of doing it manually, but most will only bother to upload to the workshop... :(
eiii: For me it's a big advantage and not a disadvantage, when you are able to share content manually and not have to use a vendor platform for it.
SirPrimalform: I imagine Steam users have the option of doing it manually, but most will only bother to upload to the workshop... :(
it is automatic, i think, and I think you can not upload it unless you beat it yourself first. honestly, I have not really tried to upload or download any
Is there a website that has Opus Magnum levels for the GOG version?