It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty deadly little thing.

Captain, I have some new information regarding "The Aristocrats". No, they're still laying low after their last heist, so low that we haven't seen Don or Freddie since the meeting with "The Boss". Someone might've hid them underground but we won't know for sure just now. Anyway, there's a new girl that was seen with Rick Fermione. She from outta town, don know exactly where. Seems a member of the borguise. It's bourgeoisie? Don't know sir, some fancy stuff I don't get--pearls, caviars, and champagnes, sir. Yes, one of my boys is following her. Yes, I know this is very delicate matter. Oh, the mayor... no, of course, no, I mean I'll talk to... Yes sir. No one seen. The report, yes. The last thing, sir--and this is a little bit unexpected--it looks like "The Aristocrats" are planning to move to a new district, any moment now. Can't tell for sure, but my bet is Connecticut Ave. We'll see. Will do, sir. Goodbye.

Omerta: City of Gangsters, an organized crime simulation you have been playing for the last couple of weeks just got bigger with The Con Artist DLC. There's a new henchman to recruit, new weapon, and a new district up for grabs. Experience "the greatest con of all time" in this action-packed expansion for only $4.99 on GOG.com.

Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play.
Interesting fact:
- Omerta has 20 reviews and 131 user ratings
- Omerta DLC has 44 reviews and 195 user ratings

Who says you need the original to enjoy the DLC?
This thread.
Dreamer1971: Yes, silly and absurd requests like 'We want to sell DRM free games'. The GOG people have done this when they started their buisiness and it worked. And seriously, could any request to a publisher be more absurd? If they had thought like you, GOG wouldn't exist as we know it today. On the other hand, today's GOG managers are thinking like you - no more visions just cash up.
Maybe that will be a shocker for you, but DRM free games were sold long before GOG started.

Dreamer1971: If you want a new game immediately and later all the overpriced DLCs you can buy it everywhere else. Perhaps not DRM-free, but you have to compromise in your life.
If you don't want to buy a game when it's released, just don't fucking buy it. Seriously, this is my last pos in this topic, because you people are freaking insane, commanding GOG what they should do with their money and business assets and GOG customers what and where they should buy .

Also, people who would want GOG to sell less games, are more than silly. You are freaking nuts.

and by the way, if GOG ever dropped selling DRM Free games, I would simply stop buying here. I know, I know, what radical!
mrkgnao: But in a minute or ten someone will post that the best way to stop vermin is with your wallet. Apparently vermin are afraid of your wallet. They aren't afraid of mine -- I checked. But perhaps yours is made of a more frightening material.
Nah, we should force it on everybody, because you don't like it. Sounds pretty reasonable. Much more reasonable than "don't want it - don't buy it" - what an absurd assumption!
Post edited March 11, 2013 by keeveek
keeveek: Also, people who would want GOG to sell less games, are more than silly. You are freaking nuts.
and by the way, if GOG ever dropped selling DRM Free games, I would simply stop buying here. I know, I know, what radical!
So, you're nut for you would make GOG sell less games, as you said. Don't spit against the wind..
Post edited March 11, 2013 by ERISS
ERISS: So, you're nut for you would make GOG sell less games, as you said. Don't spit in the wind when he goes on you.
Are you this stupid, or what?

I would not yell and scream for 10 days "I want DRM Free games, GOG!" I would just simply write "I am not going to buy anything that is not DRM free" , not "GOG, you should sell only Drm free games, because I say so!!!!"

If you don't see the basic difference than you are truly nuts and beyond hope.

Seriously people, saying something that sounds like "GOG should rather go out of the business than adapt and change their policies!" clearly never ran any business in their lives.

eot.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by keeveek
Kristian: Well good luck with the DLC. Do already have the game? If so have played it and what are your impressions of it?
TrIp13G: I don't have the game, yet. I get paid at the beginning of April, at which point I'm going to buy it and play it, to give an honest review. I'm on a mission from God.
Look, just give that 40$ to a charity. I am not even joking. At least wait until its price drops a little. There is no way that game is worth 40 bucks, nor should you punish yourself by playing through it. The only sensible part of it is the combat, everything else they put in there is junk.
mrkgnao: Interesting fact:
- Omerta has 20 reviews and 131 user ratings
- Omerta DLC has 44 reviews and 195 user ratings

Who says you need the original to enjoy the DLC?
Maybe they played it elsewhere? :_D

(I think it is obvious, but I state it for the sake of the record: I am joking now)
keeveek: Haha, yes :D Command TET what GOG should do with their money, their business contacts, their corporate image and everything.

Let's risk GOG's business contacts and relations with publishers by making silly and absurd requests when negotiating contracts.

Seriously, this topic is the silliest and stupidest thing ever on this board. GOG community forums have reached its peak of sillyness.

What if... what if others want new games DRM free on GOG? They shouldn't have an opportunity to buy them, because... you don't want them? :D

This may be a surprise if you were born yesterday.

Also, I see some problems here. Once, you people say "this DLC is garbage, it brings completely nothing to the game!" and at the same time "now I have to buy this, because my game is incomplete!" Make up your minds, people - either the DLC is essential, or is not, and you can ignore it.
Dreamer1971: Yes, silly and absurd requests like 'We want to sell DRM free games'. The GOG people have done this when they started their buisiness and it worked. And seriously, could any request to a publisher be more absurd? If they had thought like you, GOG wouldn't exist as we know it today. On the other hand, today's GOG managers are thinking like you - no more visions just cash up.

If you want a new game immediately and later all the overpriced DLCs you can buy it everywhere else. Perhaps not DRM-free, but you have to compromise in your life.
I want to buy a well bundled DRM-free game for a balanced price. Perhaps a year later then you, but that's my compromise. Currently just GOG offers this, i can go nowhere else.
By now GOG was free of this extreme DLC buisiness model like Omerta stands for. These cash up, brainwashing models have spread like vermin over the last years. You can't stop vermin from spreading by ignoring it, so just not to buy these DLCs is not a solution for the problem. If you like this buisiness model you can have it everywhere else, but keep GOG clean of this, just this one place, please. I don't want to smell this crap every time i browse through the GOG catalogue.
Well put, sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ
Post edited March 11, 2013 by Tsugirai
TrIp13G: I'm pretty sure there's a proverb for this situation.
mrkgnao: Yes. I believe there is. It's:
Friday's hair and Sunday's horn go to the Devil on Monday morn.
Is "Sunday's horn" a euphemism for "boner"? I don't get it... ;)

---

I'm glad to see GOG offering DRM-free DLC. :)

DRM-free is the core value of this site for me. I do favor complete editions (who doesn't?), but I'd rather have the *option* to purchase DRM-free DLC now if I'd prefer not to wait for a complete bundle to be offered later. And as TET/others have said, offering all available content, even if it cannot be bundled with the main game at the present time, *is* offering the best or most complete product possible in the case of new games.

---

Consensus seems to be that this particular DLC is overpriced, and I don't have the game at present anyway. Could you please offer a new game and awesome DLC for it so that I can vote 'yes' with a purchase? ;) Or offer a sale on this game and its DLC soon if possible? I'd be willing to give it a shot at a better price despite the negative chatter about it.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by ddmuse
I'm very interested to see GOG reaction to this obviously negative reception
Kadlin: I always thought I'd have a lot in common with people that played older games. So much to talk about! But when I see threads like this and see all the 1 star reviews for the DLC, I realize I have nothing in common with people that play older games. Look at them, they act the same as a child playing a new Call of Duty game. Oh well.

Al3xand3r: Lol.
Kadlin: Other sites sell DRM free games as well, even before GOG was around. Amazon had some DRM free ones before GOG for example. Several publishers sell DRM free games on their own internet sites, like Strategy First for example. So on and so forth. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I never liked DRM.

Regarding your comment about how bad the game is. Why make that comment? You don't speak for everyone.
I do speak for everyone, obviously. Whenever I type something, it's natural law. How can you not know this when you're mature enough to know people who are on gog and disagree with you and have strong opinions about things, enough to rate things based on them, are childish which in turn means that all the people who play old games, except you obviously, are being childish.

And where did I say other sites don't sell DRM-free games? Yes, Amazon has some, this place has some, that place has some, indie games which often don't even have a place most often are DRM free, even Steam technically has some as there are games it doesn't authenticate and you can theoretically copy paste the files anywhere with or without Steam to play it. The difference is, EVERY gog game is this way. It's their policy, not something they do whenever it's convenient for any reason. I mean, I said that much in my post that you half-quoted right there since I mentioned the COMPLETE lack of DRM rather than just the POSSIBILITY of having DRM-free games.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by Al3xand3r
Al3xand3r: Lol.

1) the game is shit, you don't want it.
apparently, the game is not shit, but compares quite favourably with for example X-Com and Jagged Alliance. PC-Gamer gave it 78%, and yes, the reviewer found some faults with it, but generally had a pleasant experience. You might want it (and like it) if you like strategical games.

You might not like it - it does not make it shit, and there are several people who wants it.

silly comment, especially since there is no reason given why you think it is "shit"... makes it pointless, really.

I have no idea about the DLC yet.
Romiras: I'm very interested to see GOG reaction to this obviously negative reception
Well we know that GOG actually takes feedback from the forums/community seriously, so yes, I'm curious to see that as well
Romiras: I'm very interested to see GOG reaction to this obviously negative reception
Roman5: Well we know that GOG actually takes feedback from the forums/community seriously, so yes, I'm curious to see that as well
I feel sorry for the intern who has to go through all this and pick out the important parts.
amok: apparently, the game is not shit, but compares quite favourably with for example X-Com and Jagged Alliance. PC-Gamer gave it 78%
Woah, I just got told.

I'm getting another copy, I must have gotten a bad one because if it really is about as good as X-COM, which that PROFESSIONAL GAME REVIEW obviously proves way more than my opinion ever could, it must be right up my alley.

Thanks for enlightening me good sir.
Roman5: Well we know that GOG actually takes feedback from the forums/community seriously, so yes, I'm curious to see that as well
Quite frankly, I'd be pissed if GOG decided not to offer DLC in the future because of a few whiny little bitches... :p
Post edited March 11, 2013 by ddmuse
011284mm: I feel sorry for the intern who has to go through all this and pick out the important parts.
Heresy! It is no intern! It is the T himself that wades through this swamp of emotion, his magic wand of justice ready to zap any mavericks he happens to come by! I believe!