It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pretty deadly little thing.

Captain, I have some new information regarding "The Aristocrats". No, they're still laying low after their last heist, so low that we haven't seen Don or Freddie since the meeting with "The Boss". Someone might've hid them underground but we won't know for sure just now. Anyway, there's a new girl that was seen with Rick Fermione. She from outta town, don know exactly where. Seems a member of the borguise. It's bourgeoisie? Don't know sir, some fancy stuff I don't get--pearls, caviars, and champagnes, sir. Yes, one of my boys is following her. Yes, I know this is very delicate matter. Oh, the mayor... no, of course, no, I mean I'll talk to... Yes sir. No one seen. The report, yes. The last thing, sir--and this is a little bit unexpected--it looks like "The Aristocrats" are planning to move to a new district, any moment now. Can't tell for sure, but my bet is Connecticut Ave. We'll see. Will do, sir. Goodbye.

Omerta: City of Gangsters, an organized crime simulation you have been playing for the last couple of weeks just got bigger with The Con Artist DLC. There's a new henchman to recruit, new weapon, and a new district up for grabs. Experience "the greatest con of all time" in this action-packed expansion for only $4.99 on GOG.com.

Requires the base game Omerta: City of Gangsters on GOG in order to play.
hedwards:
We'll see what happens. The numbers will talk more than arguing about it will.

I'm not really certain if this is the DLC/game to show that, but it's not like this will be the last game they add.
Say GOG has "sold out" with regards to setting up a situation where they can bring in newer games, as long as they bring older games not associated with any DLC tagalongs or "modern" methods, then it's safe to just avoid the newer shelf adds.
orcishgamer: You either have a slanted view due to lack of experience with a lot of DLC or literally are lying to further whatever case or agenda you have.
Yeah, I'm in it for the money. We all know arguing about DLCs on a forum is where the big bucks come from...

I don't like DLCs, I'm not gonna buy them, and I'm letting GOG know that if they want more of my money, this is not how to get it. If you like them, buy them, I'm not stopping you.
Licurg:
So if/when GOG brings Carmageddon 2... you won't buy it because of new releases that have nothing to do with it?
Licurg:
ShadowWulfe: So if/when GOG brings Carmageddon 2... you won't buy it because of new releases that have nothing to do with it?
I said I'm not gonna buy DLCs, not that I'm not gonna buy anything...
hedwards: Possibly, but that's sort of the point, if you don't buy here, you don't really have very many options, so I suspect that there are probably a fair number of people that are kind of pinching their nose as they buy, because the title isn't a better place to buy.

I dunno how prevalent that really is, but it's something to consider, when a user base turns, it can happen quite quickly. I remember when DA had the Jark issue some years back, that turned ugly just about over night.
gameon: What keeps people sweet and loyal is the PR stuff and "customer love". I bought into the original premise back in 2011, and it has change quite a bit. Since 2008, i can only imagine what the difference is. Sure some of it is better, but as i think you said earlier in the thread, they look as if they have "sold out".
I'm surprised that TET wasn't planning to be here for this. Adding add on DLC is something likely to get folks riled up.
orcishgamer: You either have a slanted view due to lack of experience with a lot of DLC or literally are lying to further whatever case or agenda you have.
Licurg: Yeah, I'm in it for the money. We all know arguing about DLCs on a forum is where the big bucks come from...

I don't like DLCs, I'm not gonna buy them, and I'm letting GOG know that if they want more of my money, this is not how to get it. If you like them, buy them, I'm not stopping you.
Actually you seem to be trying to argue that neither you nor I should be able to buy them from GOG... because you don't like them and think they are always a rip-off.

Certainly it's been a common argument in many posts in these threads on the matter.
gameon: What keeps people sweet and loyal is the PR stuff and "customer love". I bought into the original premise back in 2011, and it has change quite a bit. Since 2008, i can only imagine what the difference is. Sure some of it is better, but as i think you said earlier in the thread, they look as if they have "sold out".
hedwards: I'm surprised that TET wasn't planning to be here for this. Adding add on DLC is something likely to get folks riled up.
Do you mean a TET post?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_omerta_city_of_gangsters_the_con_artist_dlc/post299
Post edited March 08, 2013 by Fuzzyfireball
Licurg:
My bad, after all of the "I'm quitting GOG!" from everywhere lately I was kind of wondering.

@hedwards, I doubt they were expecting a backlash.
low rated
hedwards: I'm surprised that TET wasn't planning to be here for this. Adding add on DLC is something likely to get folks riled up.
It's this kind of pr statement that irks me:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_omerta_city_of_gangsters_the_con_artist_dlc/post310
Post edited March 08, 2013 by gameon
gameon: It's this kind of pr statement that irks me:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_omerta_city_of_gangsters_the_con_artist_dlc/post310
It irks you that they want to offer DLC for their games instead of offering inferior versions?
gameon: It's this kind of pr statement that irks me:
What irks you about that? He's saying quite correctly that if they didn't offer the DLC for games like Omerta, then people who bought the game on GOG would have an inferior version compared to other platforms because they can't get access to the content if they want it.

EDIT Ninja'd by Fuzzyfireball
Post edited March 08, 2013 by crazy_dave
Fuzzyfireball: Do you mean a TET post?

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_omerta_city_of_gangsters_the_con_artist_dlc/post299
he probably means the whole TET is on vacation thing as if Gog wasn't expecting us old fusspots to make a fuss.
low rated
crazy_dave: What irks you about that? He's saying quite correctly that if they didn't offer the DLC for games like Omerta, then people who bought the game on GOG would have an inferior version compared to other platforms because they can't get access to the content if they want it.

EDIT Ninja'd by Fuzzyfireball
"In order to justify taking money for newer games, they need to include dlc as soon as they can so that they avoid releasing sub standard inferior games"

Well they already did that by releasing Omerta!
Post edited March 08, 2013 by gameon
mrkgnao: There are millions of people on Steam who seem to have no problem with DRM, even if you or I aren't in that group.
Right, they tolerate DRM, they don't demand DRM, that's my point.

Some people like a game so much they wish they had more of that game and are willing to pay for that content. Hence DLC.

Nobody likes DRM so much they wished they had more DRM besides the publishers themselves. Hence why your logic is flawed.

That being said I'm no more happy than you to see games selling exploitative DLC. I don't like the fact that people can "pay to win" in some games. I don't like the fact that I'm sometimes paying for things already on the disc. I don't like the fact that it's sometimes over-priced and low on content, as in this case.

But it doesn't matter because it turns out how I feel about something doesn't change how financially lucrative that something is. New games have DLC, it's a fact. If GOG wants to release new games to compete with other distributors they need to offer the DLC as well. I'll personally wait for a Gold edition (not for Omerta, mind you), but it's completely unreasonable not to give paying customers the opportunity to buy DLC if they wish.

I'm sorry that the realities of today's gaming industry are such a tragedy but if GOG wants to survive they have to adapt to those realities. What good is maintaining an image just to satisfy the purists if maintaining that image leads to GOG's demise?
Darling_Jimmy: he probably means the whole TET is on vacation thing as if Gog wasn't expecting us old fusspots to make a fuss.
Exactly, there are some things which are likely to get folks riled up and I'm a bit surprised that they didn't see this coming and reschedule either the vacation or the release or gotten prepared for this in some other fashion.

It would be like releasing steam keys for the games here. What the precise reaction would be isn't certain, but you can be certain that people would feel very strongly about it.