It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Have you ever wondered what happens to the inhabitants of a game world after you have finished it? In this story-driven, 40-hour role-playing game you will encounter over 200 unique NPCs with over 300 quests that can be solved in various ways.

No One Lives in Heaven is now available on GOG.COM with a 50% discount that will last until 23rd August 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
GOG you evil monster for misleading us! You know exactly what "No One Lives" means lol
eiii: No One Lives... - It started so good, but unfortunately it wasn't what I've read first...
WinterSnowfall: No one lives forever in heaven! Because that's the afterlife. You're supposed to be dead :P.
It actually bring an interesting point. So if people go to heaven or hell what are their status then? Dead? Alive (again)? Human? Or they have a whole new status? Heavenian? Hellian?

MarianFA: It sounded like the game had possibilities until I went in search of reviews and found this:

https://saveorquit.com/2020/11/22/review-no-one-lives-in-heaven/

Read the paragraph under "Final Thoughts."

No thanks. This is definitely not what I am looking for in a game.
I read the review and to be honest I'm also disappointed with the game. I was hoping for some drama and not on the nose "World glitching and went crazy" kind of story. I was hoping for more drama filled story.

So let say the final demon lord boss finally defeated, the heroes of light decided to retire and went their own separate way. What if kingdoms who used to be living under fear of the demon lord decided to take that opportunity to spread their power? Suddenly emboldened kings start attacking each other. Weakened kingdoms will have civil war and remnants of demon lord army became bandits and criminals. You can play as one of the hero of light seeing the world they saved crumbled again to greed and pride.
Post edited August 11, 2021 by RedRagan
RedRagan: It actually bring an interesting point. So if people go to heaven or hell what are their status then? Dead? Alive (again)? Human? Or they have a whole new status? Heavenian? Hellian?
Going up to the spirit in the sky! (aka nobody really knows until they're there).
Anyone bought it and tried it?
Niggles: Anyone bought it and tried it?
Yes, and I had a lot of fun. Very unique game.
So, the two 5 star reviewers on this game both have 5 games and 3 reviews. However, all the negative reviews have far, far more games and random number of reviews. Those positive reviewers are suspect at best.
high rated
Krogan32: So, the two 5 star reviewers on this game both have 5 games and 3 reviews. However, all the negative reviews have far, far more games and random number of reviews. Those positive reviewers are suspect at best.
I don't think there's anything suspect about that.
Of course it could be some kind of a scam or whatever, but people who have played less games are probably more impressed by the few that they have played.

People who have hundreds or thousands of games are most likely very careful to give five stars to any game.
Krogan32: So, the two 5 star reviewers on this game both have 5 games and 3 reviews. However, all the negative reviews have far, far more games and random number of reviews. Those positive reviewers are suspect at best.
And it appears you are the negative reviewer who spammed your review across both editions, seemingly with an axe to grind because a piece of content in the game offended you. I happily marked yours as unhelpful on both locations (haven't seen the other reviews you mentioned yet). Since, as far as I could tell, there wasn't really anything about the game besides "look! This offends me and you must share my outrage!".

If you are worried about violent actions that are depicted in fictional videogames, there are plenty of games you could also review but haven't (it would still not be a good claim though, since the game can be available for those willing to play and it is not as though you are being strapped to a chair and forced to play, so you can just avoid it...unlike people in real life who face the wrath of states and their various so-called justice systems, but I digress).

But most likely, what's going on here is just a special pleading fallacy that runs deep when it comes to the particular group you are talking about in this game rather than any consistent, supposedly moral, crusade. Maybe try expanding your perspective and viewing the world outside the false contexts that are indoctrinated into everyone. Or even just buy one of the numerous pro-cop games on here instead, rather than trying to shout down this game.
rjbuffchix: And it appears you are the negative reviewer who spammed your review across both editions, seemingly with an axe to grind because a piece of content in the game offended you. I happily marked yours as unhelpful on both locations (haven't seen the other reviews you mentioned yet). Since, as far as I could tell, there wasn't really anything about the game besides "look! This offends me and you must share my outrage!".

If you are worried about violent actions that are depicted in fictional videogames, there are plenty of games you could also review but haven't (it would still not be a good claim though, since the game can be available for those willing to play and it is not as though you are being strapped to a chair and forced to play, so you can just avoid it...unlike people in real life who face the wrath of states and their various so-called justice systems, but I digress).

But most likely, what's going on here is just a special pleading fallacy that runs deep when it comes to the particular group you are talking about in this game rather than any consistent, supposedly moral, crusade. Maybe try expanding your perspective and viewing the world outside the false contexts that are indoctrinated into everyone. Or even just buy one of the numerous pro-cop games on here instead, rather than trying to shout down this game.
I'm sorry that you are clearly incapable of understanding that hanging a person in a noose and using it as a permanent fixture is a massive racially insensitive method of violence when it comes to US history.
PixelBoy: I don't think there's anything suspect about that.
Of course it could be some kind of a scam or whatever, but people who have played less games are probably more impressed by the few that they have played.

People who have hundreds or thousands of games are most likely very careful to give five stars to any game.
You clearly don't pay attention to the issues of bought reviewers that is prevalent throughout Steam. The likelihood of multiple people reviewing the game the same way, when they have the same number of games owned, and same number of reviews is the equivalent of getting struck by lightning three times in a row.
Post edited August 12, 2021 by Krogan32
PixelBoy: ..., but people who have played less games are probably more impressed by the few that they have played.
I did chuckle when I saw that:

(1)
Laura1st (5 games, 3 reviews), theatomichero (5 games, 3 reviews) and Thewesleycrushers (5 games, 3 reviews) posted their reviews on the Standard and Deluxe Edition pages.
Laura1st reviewed also the Soundtrack, Thewesleycrushers the Deluxe DLC.
All 5 star ratings
Above accounts created this week

(2)
Cpt.-Jean-Luc (1 review) copy-pasted GamerStar91's (5 games, 2 reviews) Standard Edition review on the page for the Deluxe Edition.
All 5 star ratings

#NothingBetterToDoToday
PixelBoy: ..., but people who have played less games are probably more impressed by the few that they have played.
JackknifeJohnson: I did chuckle when I saw that:

(1)
Laura1st (5 games, 3 reviews), theatomichero (5 games, 3 reviews) and Thewesleycrushers (5 games, 3 reviews) posted their reviews on the Standard and Deluxe Edition pages.
Laura1st reviewed also the Soundtrack, Thewesleycrushers the Deluxe DLC.
All 5 star ratings
Above accounts created this week
OK, well that indeed sounds a bit suspicious.
It still could be three family members or friends playing same game simultaneously, you never know.
Just one more reason to ignore those user reviews I guess.

Still, gotta give credit where credit is due, "Thewesleycrushers" is a brilliant username!