It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Raze against the machine.

<span class="bold">Nex Machina</span>, an explosive arcade shooter where you annihilate hordes of disobedient machines, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount.

The robot apocalypse is here and it's on you to avert the extermination of all humanity. Clear 100+ levels of voxel-made mechanical hordes, unlock new powerups, secrets, and challenges to overthrow our mechanical overlords. If you need some help, feel free to recruit your 100% human friends in local co-op, or crush their feeble high scores instead.

The 20% discount will last until July 05, 1PM UTC.

--Reviews Roundup--

God Is a Geek gave the game a glowing <span class="bold">review</span>, concluding that "Housemark are the kings of the shoot-em-up genre and Nex Machina is perhaps the brightest jewel in their crown".

Gamespot calls it "brutal and totally satisfying", <span class="bold">awarding it an impressive 9/10</span>.

Eurogamer has <span class="bold">nothing but praise</span> for it, proclaiming that "Housemarque has just made the game of its career".

HardcoreGamer <span class="bold">loved their stay in its flashy arenas</span>, giving it a 4.5/5 and saying that "Nex Machina is an utterly fantastic arcade twin-stick shooter that doesn't so much revolutionize the genre as get almost every aspect just right".

Watch the explosive trailer.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
Just played it. This here is one good game!
mistermumbles: I like the style, but talk about visual overload. Just watching the launch trailer gives me a bit of a headache.
I'm sure there's a fun game in there but damned if I can see it through all the effects. Looks like a terrorist attack on a Sherwin Williams store.

To anyone who bought it: through Settings, can the effects be toned down for an old fart like me?
HK_47: ^Response from a dev account on the Steam forums.
Ah, that's shame. Oh well, never mind. Thank you for passing the info along!
Okay, now Outland please!
Post edited June 22, 2017 by Raibertdg
MegDukNovTer: Dear GOG,

Now the rest of the Housemarque DOS/Windows-catalogue; especially The Reap, Alien Incident and Boarder Zone a.k.a. Supreme Snowboarding...

Pretty please? :)
tbh these dos games look better and are exactly my favorite type of games,

check the youtube video :
Alien Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDdPgbx53LI

I was looking for thursdays 'new' game ( normally we get an old nice dos game) but the last few thursdays there was nothing i liked, so i waited for the next thursday and the next ....

Anyway it seems all the good old game i like and played/owned in the past are already on my gog shelves, but there are dozens more old games still out there, it seems the upcoming games will only be new releases" meaning : lots of FPP/ 3d games, fighting, racing JRPG and the min. requirements are extremely high, so if a nice game would be released in upcoming games i probably wont be able to run it and i cannot afford a new pc.

Besides, new game releases can be bought everywhere, but i am here for old good games i used to play as a kid.

So i really hope dozens of more good old games will be coming again cause i havent bought much lately.... :D
Post edited June 22, 2017 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: new game releases can be bought everywhere, but i am here for old good games i used to play as a kid.
Actually, this game is a pretty faithful remake of the game Robotron from 1982. They even have Eugene Jarvis on the team, the guy who made Robotron. Everything from the source game is here in some form: The pixel explosions is replaced with voxels. The frame-zoom between levels is replaced with gravity-shifting flying. You still try to save humans and raise your high score. One fundamental change I noticed: In Robotron, if you loose a life on a level, you don't loose your level progress. The enemies you had killed stay dead. But in Nex Machina, loosing a life means that you have to start the level from scratch. Not as harsh as it sounds, as a level typically takes a minute to finish. I think this is an improvement. It was always felt a bit meh to have to clean out the last leftovers in Robotron. This shows that these guys aren't just driven by nostalgia.
My fingers are sore from clutching the controller too hard. Very few modern games manage to get me into that state. I also got that "OMG I survived that?" feeling quite a few times.
mistermumbles: I like the style, but talk about visual overload. Just watching the launch trailer gives me a bit of a headache.
HereForTheBeer: I'm sure there's a fun game in there but damned if I can see it through all the effects. Looks like a terrorist attack on a Sherwin Williams store.

To anyone who bought it: through Settings, can the effects be toned down for an old fart like me?
Despite the eyecandy overload, it is pretty easy to grasp what's going on, since each enemy has a bright red outline. Each time I died it was because I screwed up, not because the graphic wasn't clear enough.

But actually, there are 4 different filter settings:
--- Disabled (default)
--- Greyscale
--- Retro (TV monitor with scanlines)
--- Darker & Edgier

The Greyscale filter has no color, except that the enemies have a red tint at the edge. Can't get simpler than that. The Darker & Edgier isn't bad either.

Also, you can disable Distance Morphing, which is the constant voxel cube morphing around the edges of the level.
HereForTheBeer: I'm sure there's a fun game in there but damned if I can see it through all the effects. Looks like a terrorist attack on a Sherwin Williams store.

KasperHviid: Despite the eyecandy overload, it is pretty easy to grasp what's going on, since each enemy has a bright red outline. Each time I died it was because I screwed up, not because the graphic wasn't clear enough.

But actually, there are 4 different filter settings:
--- Disabled (default)
--- Greyscale
--- Retro (TV monitor with scanlines)
--- Darker & Edgier

The Greyscale filter has no color, except that the enemies have a red tint at the edge. Can't get simpler than that. The Darker & Edgier isn't bad either.

Also, you can disable Distance Morphing, which is the constant voxel cube morphing around the edges of the level.
Thanks for the feedback.
Interesting that the discount seems to be gone despite the claim it would last until July 5th...

Bug?