It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Neverwinter Nights: Tyrants of the Moonsea is now available DRM-free. Get new DLC 10% off, while base Neverwinter Nights and other DLC are available 66% off. Offer is valid until October 2nd, 1pm UTC.

Developed by Ossian Studios and based on the original module by Luke Scull, this new, enhanced version of Tyrants of the Moonsea vastly expands this former premium module by adding 70% more story and gameplay, as well as a large amount of new art and audio content.

The harsh frontier land known as the Moonsea is besieged by demons. A mysterious cult has arisen, bent on death and destruction. Amid the chaos, war is imminent between the powerful city-states and their tyrannical rulers. Accompanied by the dwarf merchant Madoc, you approach the town of Voonlar just as the worst snowstorm of the year hits. You soon discover that only you can prevent the total annihilation of the Moonsea at the hands of a legendary and ancient evil...
there is zero info about it so little wonder people are gun shy... imo its worth a play [grabbed it] but gog has told people nothing and it could really use one of the Twitch team showing off what it is

p.s, Thanks Gog!
Maxvorstadt: Okay, another unnecessary DLC that I can`t play with my Diamond Edition. Meh....
Waldschatten: If they were selling this in a format that worked with Diamond I'd buy it.
https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/al3-tyrants-moonsea-canceled-premium-module
"This version can be considered obsolete, but free and working with older game versions."

http://www.lukescull.com/p/games.html
"You can download Luke's Neverwinter Nights modules below:

AL1: Siege of Shadowdale//AL2: Crimson Tides of Tethyr//AL3: Tyrants of the Moonsea"
Cadaver747: Could be, or they just find a way to milk some money out of the expiring contract for D&D franchise.
StingingVelvet: Heaven forbid they make more D&D content for fans in the old PC style and charge relatively little for it. What horrible people they are.
First Neverwinter Nights 2 back in 2006 and now this, when will the milking of D&D for PC come to an end?!

Ossian gets to release new passionate material under the D&D-banner and Beamdog gets a piece of the pie for publishing and maintaining the platform Ossian uses for release. In my eyes, it's awesome that we get more D&D with good production value.
There's certainly a bunch of NWN mods that weren't completed that I would pay for.
Rick Burton tried to make their own game out of their Paladin mods after leaving Bioware https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350275419/mooncrest-former-bioware-devs-fuse-story-and-tacti but several kickstarters failed the NWN modules were just missing the 3rd instalment if I recall correctly https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/paladin-twilight-and-midnight.
There is Andarian's Sanctum of The Archmage they have even updated the mods for NWN:EE https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/sanctum-archmage-sight-and-quest.
Adding a NWN2 module, wasn't https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/harp-chrysanthemum meant to have a follow up module or am I thinking of a different module.
I'd love to see these mod authors finish/flesh out their works and get some cash for it I've probably gained more enjoyment from them than from many of the full priced games that I've played, certainly more than the original campaign for NWN1.
Ossian Studios ? I know they made Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2 Complete, i played it long ago but don't quite remember how it was but Darkness over Daggerford is a good module however.
Projectsonic: Usually I would be a grump at this idea because it's another NWN DLC Module from Beamdog that I can get on the original... but wait, look at all that content. And they didn't do it all themselves, they actually paid Ossian Studios to do it! Perhaps Beamdog is finally starting to turn into a dev I can respect. It's a step in the right direction, in any rate.
Beamdog making money off a modded, where have I heard that before. Thankfully at least the guy who did the original will make some money for his trouble, shame beamdog are in anyway involved though.
Projectsonic: Usually I would be a grump at this idea because it's another NWN DLC Module from Beamdog that I can get on the original... but wait, look at all that content. And they didn't do it all themselves, they actually paid Ossian Studios to do it! Perhaps Beamdog is finally starting to turn into a dev I can respect. It's a step in the right direction, in any rate.
nightcraw1er.488: Beamdog making money off a modded, where have I heard that before. Thankfully at least the guy who did the original will make some money for his trouble, shame beamdog are in anyway involved though.
If they financed the mod, allowed it to be completed, and then took a cut of the sales it would be one thing.

I don't like how it is now finished, but locked to the "Enhanced" (read buggy mess) edition, it's be like if Square Enix decided to release the Chrono Trigger sequel they C&Ded into oblivion but will only sell it if you buy Final Fantasy XV for Windows first.

You can get an incomplete (but verey good nonetheless) SNES ROM, or a finished product tied to an atrocious mess of bugs and money grabbing BS.

Enhanced NWN...

Bah!

At least the other games they broke kinda needed mods to work well, NWN was already a great game on current generation hardware and operating systems, making a joke "remaster" of it is just insulting.
nightcraw1er.488: Beamdog making money off a modded, where have I heard that before. Thankfully at least the guy who did the original will make some money for his trouble, shame beamdog are in anyway involved though.
Waldschatten: If they financed the mod, allowed it to be completed, and then took a cut of the sales it would be one thing.
Well like I said, a step. Still a long way to go there... I'm not at all happy that it's only for enhanced, but I remember back when that 1pp just had an announcement that it was being used in the EE with no other info (my memory may also be faulty). So it may at least be an improvement.

I don't like how it is now finished, but locked to the "Enhanced" (read buggy mess) edition, it's be like if Square Enix decided to release the Chrono Trigger sequel they C&Ded into oblivion but will only sell it if you buy Final Fantasy XV for Windows first.
Hilarious related factoid: Flames of Eternity, who basically continued on that project without anyone's consent, ended up using it to sell SNES Pis. http://metronomeproject.blogspot.com/2013/12/snes-pi-updates.html

Square has not raised the hammer for the second time yet, and considering how this info was pretty hush at the time it probably wasn't known.
Post edited September 26, 2019 by Projectsonic
@GOG From what I see, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition now includes Tyrants of the Moonsea, but those of us who previously bought Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition don't have it marked as owned (I mean the Deluxe Edition). Did the product code change?
It would be nice if Beamdog and GOG gave the Tyrants of the Moonsea to all those who already purchased Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition imho.
Btw since I have a "special" 85% off of NVN Enhanced, it's cheaper to re-buy it than to buy Moonsea (if I include the soundtrack)? Wtf Beamdog? Does anyone read these rants anyway?
blotunga: Btw since I have a "special" 85% off of NVN Enhanced, it's cheaper to re-buy it than to buy Moonsea (if I include the soundtrack)? Wtf Beamdog? Does anyone read these rants anyway?
That bugs me a lot too. I hate it when one buys a "complete edition" only to have new DLC added and the only way to get the new DLC is at a premium price because they never individually go on deep sale.
RWarehall: That bugs me a lot too. I hate it when one buys a "complete edition" only to have new DLC added and the only way to get the new DLC is at a premium price because they never individually go on deep sale.
And people wonder why I hate DLCs so much.
blotunga: @GOG From what I see, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition now includes Tyrants of the Moonsea, but those of us who previously bought Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition don't have it marked as owned (I mean the Deluxe Edition). Did the product code change?
It would be nice if Beamdog and GOG gave the Tyrants of the Moonsea to all those who already purchased Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Digital Deluxe Edition imho.
Digital Deluxe Edition now includes Tyrants of the Moonsea which raised the price of this pack. If you bought it before the new DLC was added you have to buy it separately.
emter_pl: Digital Deluxe Edition now includes Tyrants of the Moonsea which raised the price of this pack. If you bought it before the new DLC was added you have to buy it separately.
So why is the game not show as owned anymore?
emter_pl: Digital Deluxe Edition now includes Tyrants of the Moonsea which raised the price of this pack. If you bought it before the new DLC was added you have to buy it separately.
The Digital Deluxe I think had the same price, and now we can have it at 85% off, while it was only 66 then. Tyrants is more expensive than the Digital Deluxe. I won't buy any more Beamdog games that's for sure if they pull stunts like this.