It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It’s time to visit a small back-alley cafe, where the dead are granted one last night to mingle with the living. Necrobarista is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 29th July 2020, 2:30 PM UTC. Inspired equally by film and anime, the game follows a dynamic and diverse cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne's hipstery coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy, and the process of letting go.

Visit our Twitch channel today at 5 PM UTC, and watch cool Necrobarista gameplay brought to you by THEcroxxx.
Wow!
This visual novel looks great!
And there are still more titles to come to Gog this year!
Thank you! :)
Is this game good? :D
high rated
Is it really that hard for the developers to do achievements on GOG?
Sounds and looks fantastic in the trailers for sure!

Anyone knows if there is actually any gameplay, or pure VN?
low rated
ShadowWulfe: Is it really that hard for the developers to do achievements on GOG?
Here's your achievements.

- Talk to Character X 20 times
- Carry 15 Inventory items
- Help 3 characters in need
- Stay on the same screen for 10 minutes

I'm sure you can think of other things to add to that list.
Going to get the game tomorrow, looks great! :)
I need to check more into this game, looks interesting.
It sure has a very nice style of its own.
high rated
ShadowWulfe: Is it really that hard for the developers to do achievements on GOG?
It surely isn't. Plenty of GOG games that were made by very small dev teams have Achievements. There is really no excuse for devs to still be treating GOG customers like second-class citizens in this way.

This game has Achievements on Steam, so it should have them on GOG too, period.
high rated
FrodoBaggins: Here's your achievements.

You get kicks out of belittling others because they like something you think is unimportant?
Creaks and Necrobarista without achievements leave me disappointed, as having them on GOG for all the new games was finally becoming the norm. I hope it's a setback as it happens sometimes.
low rated
FrodoBaggins: Here's your achievements.

ZFR: You get kicks out of belittling others because they like something you think is unimportant?
No, I just get frustrated when some people think that games are worthless without extra fluff.
Besides, they wanted achievements, I gave them a list of achievements.
ZFR: You get kicks out of belittling others because they like something you think is unimportant?
FrodoBaggins: No, I just get frustrated when some people think that games are worthless without extra fluff.
Besides, they wanted achievements, I gave them a list of achievements.
you get the achievement of being a bitter little hobbit. FYI not all achievents are do something x times, and some are related to easter eggs or unusual choices in a game and are very satisfactory for many players. Expecially in such a story driven game, I can expect the achievements being very creative. In Amanita's Pilgrims it was a way of knowing when you have exhausted every possibility and all the ideas and a push to replay that little gem, for example. It's not fluff to me and many others, why would someone be so angry about the way other people enjoy their games XD
Post edited July 23, 2020 by Dogmaus
low rated
The same amount of time and labor costs as for the version in Steam, only with payment 10 times less (the difference between Steam and GOG in sales).
And then it will need to continue to maintain (this different implementation) with each update (patch).
The developer already has the game "on hand" in both cases ready-made, but the support of the achievements must be done separately.
Think sensibly: it is not worth the time and efforts.
Those who believe that the DRM-free version without achievements is a "second-class version" (for whom achievements are more important, not the DRM-Free) - will buy the game on Steam.
Three dissatisfied, who make a loud noise in every such topic, don't make the "weather".