It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coming of Age.

Myst III: Exile and Myst IV: Revelation are now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.
The saga is now complete so check out our Myst Sale with the rest of the series -now fine-tuned for improved Win10 stability, among other things- going for up to -65% off until July 8, 10pm UTC. Goshdarn classics, the lot of them.

Myst III: Exile takes place 10 years after Riven, when an enigmatic man breaks into Atrus' study and steals the Releeshahn book as part of his plan to exact revenge upon the wise explorer's sons.

The final showdown between Atrus and his malicious sons takes center stage in Myst IV: Revelation. We must once again travel to wondrous worlds and conquer brain-twisting puzzles in pursuit of Atrus' scheming offspring. As in the rest of the series, our choices will dramatically change the final outcome of this battle of wits.
Lucian_Galca: "Starring actor Brad Dourif"

I can't believe that's not listed in the description for Myst III. I mean come on, he's Chucky, he's awesome, and he's from my home state of West Virginia (Try not to laugh at us. Nevermind, go ahead and laugh, we deserve it). :P

Edit: Finally my new avatar updated. Looks stylin. I loves my Armored Core Raven's Nest logo.
He's also Wormtooungue in Lord of the Rings.
BenMcLean: Maybe this is just an issue with ResidualVM but why aren't the visuals in Myst III Exile full screen? I mean wasn't the whole point of adding widescreen to Myst III to make it so that it worked better on modern screens?
Can you elaborate? When I played it in residualVM (using my disc copy) I got full screen when using the widescreen option.

What are you seeing?
BenMcLean: Maybe this is just an issue with ResidualVM but why aren't the visuals in Myst III Exile full screen? I mean wasn't the whole point of adding widescreen to Myst III to make it so that it worked better on modern screens?
SirPrimalform: Can you elaborate? When I played it in residualVM (using my disc copy) I got full screen when using the widescreen option.

What are you seeing?
The picture is blackboxed on all 4 sides, both in Myst 3 and 4.
BenMcLean: The picture is blackboxed on all 4 sides, both in Myst 3 and 4.
Myst 4 doesn't run in ResidualVM so that's not surprising. The original engine has never supported widescreen and has black bars at the top and bottom baked in. There is no way to play it in widescreen that I am aware of.

Myst 3 does run in ResidualVM but you need to turn the widescreen mod on otherwise it runs with baked in black bars at the top and bottom.
Post edited July 17, 2018 by SirPrimalform