It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coming of Age.

Myst III: Exile and Myst IV: Revelation are now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.
The saga is now complete so check out our Myst Sale with the rest of the series -now fine-tuned for improved Win10 stability, among other things- going for up to -65% off until July 8, 10pm UTC. Goshdarn classics, the lot of them.

Myst III: Exile takes place 10 years after Riven, when an enigmatic man breaks into Atrus' study and steals the Releeshahn book as part of his plan to exact revenge upon the wise explorer's sons.

The final showdown between Atrus and his malicious sons takes center stage in Myst IV: Revelation. We must once again travel to wondrous worlds and conquer brain-twisting puzzles in pursuit of Atrus' scheming offspring. As in the rest of the series, our choices will dramatically change the final outcome of this battle of wits.
tfishell: On the Myst 3 gamecard: "Please Note: Intel GPUs are not supported." - Is that, like, the onboard video card? Is that generally associated with laptops?
Yep, Intel GPUs are the ones embedded in the CPU that are used if you don't have a video card, typically with lower end laptops.
What's more, the product page for Uru has this note:
Compatibility notice: This game is incompatible with Intel graphics controllers.
Not sure whether "graphics controller" is a legitimate term of which I'm just unaware, or somebody botched writing that notice.
too expensive

wishlisted both
Definitely NOT too expensive, but well worth their price. I'm happy to be able to know that the money I pay for it goes to Cyan rather than Ubisoft. Just a bit too much for me at the moment, I'll wait a month. Also, they don't seem very interested in supporting Linux, but dammit, it's Myst!
timppu: Did ScummVM start supporting them (all) recently, perhaps?
Both ScummVM and ResidualVM are working together with Cyan to improve support of those games of the 25th Anniversary Collection (Myst III - Exile is supported by ResidualVM):
ScummVM and Cyan, Inc. are working together!

MIK0: About backers, they will be upset for not being able to redeem their games before the general public, which is often an issue with kickstarter.
The difference here is that this is not a new game. Most backers probably have played those games back then so it doesn't matter a lot when they get their codes later.
Well, at least I don't mind.

Kayx291: Now we need only one thing.....we need Pyst.
Yep. It's part of this series, isn't it? :D
Post edited June 29, 2018 by Sir_Kill_A_Lot
YES!! Wondering why these games weren't here yet!
Regarding Exile's "Intel GPUs are not supported" note, can anyone define "unsupported?" Because the old 10th Anniversary disc version of Exile works fine on my Intel GPUs...minus pic related for graphical bugs. Everything else in the game works as normal. I had hoped this would be fixed for this digital release, but what can you do? Hopefully "unsupported" doesn't mean "won't play at all."
Attachments:
exile1.jpg (127 Kb)
exile2.jpg (118 Kb)
Nice to see the series completed on GOG.

But with no Linux support and the high price I'll have to wait for a sale.
Post edited June 30, 2018 by eiii
Reposting a comment here that I made on my Galaxy activity feed:

Myst 3 & 4 on gog.com? Really? Geeze GOG you never cease to amaze me the miracles you guys are able to pull off over time with some of the "impossible, it will never happen" game releases we get from time to time. Some may balk at the games that the miracle hasn't happened for yet, but if we look at the great feats you guys have pulled off for DRM-free gaming it is rather impressive! Thanks for your continued diligence bringing these hard to get gems to us!
Wow, i'm gonna buy IV as soon as I have time to play it. After that part III which I already played.
The last Myst game I played was Realmyst ME. Never played V and Uru before, although own them on gog. Now I can finally play them all in the right order. :-)
My money came in this morning, so I bought "Escape from Monkey Island" completing my entire Monkey Island collection.

And I thought to myself, "I just need to complete my Myst collection now..."

Coming back later, my mind was blown, I didn't expect this to actually happen xD
Post edited June 30, 2018 by Dartpaw86
DDDespair: Regarding Exile's "Intel GPUs are not supported" note, can anyone define "unsupported?" Because the old 10th Anniversary disc version of Exile works fine on my Intel GPUs...minus pic related for graphical bugs.
That's disappointing and something I do not understand. Aren't current Intel GPUs more powerful than even high-end graphics cards 17 years ago? And why does a game with rather low graphics requirements not support these cards?
Post edited June 30, 2018 by eiii
eiii: That's disappointing and something I do not understand. Aren't current Intel GPUs more powerful than even high-end graphics cards 17 years ago? And why does a game with rather low graphics requirements not support these cards?
Well yes, but they're still lousy cards. I assume the game devs just don't want to deal with the headache of trying to make them work on Intel GPUs, as in, officially supporting them, addressing bugs/issues related to them, etc. I know Turok had issues and initially NightDive tried to address them but then gave up. Turok 2 won't even run, I'm assuming because my card is too old (it's ancient).

The thing is, Intels are shoved into a lot of pre-built laptops, so if your game doesn't work with them at all, isn't that a potential share of the market you're losing out on? A non-gaming example: Vudu will let you download movies to watch, but only if you use their retarded "app" to basically be DRM. Windows 7 doesn't use apps. It's also still the dominant OS. Why you would make a feature completely unusable by the largest potential market share, I don't know, but it sounds like bad business practice to me. They must just assume that nobody watch things on their computer anymore, it all must be their phone or some other meme device.

Anyway, if the Intels not supported thing is just a blanket statement to cover their bases and the game still works like the old DVD version anyway, great. But if it doesn't work at all...well, I'm less than enthused.
DDDespair: It's also still the dominant OS.
Not really. If these stats are anything to go by Win 10 took the top spot around the end of last year: now 47% vs 39%.

Once you go into the gaming niche it looks like there may be even a bigger gap when you compare stats from something like Steam's hardware survey: ~58% vs ~37%.
Post edited June 30, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
THANK YOU GOG!! Now can have completr set, no twiddling needed to get to run, and graphics improved, and NEW AREAS added in Exile. YAY!! Thanks.