It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gone in 60 seconds.

Minit is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Fiddlesticks! Because of that stupid curse you picked up, you now only have 60 seconds at a time to perform your epic deeds. Use them well, as you wander the land meeting curious individuals, stumbling upon intriguing secrets and fighting evil foes. If you're smart, you might yet turn this "Groundhog minute" to your advantage and lift this minuscule affliction.

If you are looking for a randomly selected™ opinion on the game, spend a couple of lives to read John Walker's review on RockPaperShotgun.
tfishell: Because even high-quality pixel art is a challenge to make and not everyone can afford it.
They could afford color when it was a free Adventure Time fangame.
I'm almost tempted to get this game on Steam because the amount of times that "Hurr hurr. The pixel art style is the suxxorz." pops up here is ridiculous. Graphics or not, this game is actually getting good reviews.
tfishell: What art styles should low-budget games go with? Vector graphics like Night In The Woods? https://www.gog.com/game/night_in_the_woods
Breja: Why not? Those actually look very nice. Anyway, no budget can be low enough to justify this. They would somehow have to have a negative budget.
I'm not saying why not, that's fine - it looks relatively inexpensive to make but still pleasing, and I'm glad we can agree. As an amateur artist I take some of the complaining "personally" (which is my own fault, I know, but hearing the same thing in every thread gets tiresome) because I know that art can be tough and expensive to create, and not everyone has the time, skill, or money to create high-quality Disney-esque 2D animation like Cuphead or even 2D high-detail pixel art. But even still I think game devs should try to make the best of what they can. Now that being said, you can argue that, because of the art, this game shouldn't pass GOG's quality control, fair enough; and since these devs aren't just starting out they should have the connections or money to afford better art.

tfishell: Because even high-quality pixel art is a challenge to make and not everyone can afford it.
Starmaker: They could afford color when it was a free Adventure Time fangame.
Fair enough, I do agree color could have been afforded, but there'd still be complaining about the art being pixel-y, or looking like a mobile game, or looking like Adventure Time :P, etc.

At least the game is apparently good according to Steam.
Post edited April 07, 2018 by tfishell
Breja: Why not? Those actually look very nice. Anyway, no budget can be low enough to justify this. They would somehow have to have a negative budget.
tfishell: I'm not saying why not, that's fine - it looks relatively inexpensive to make but still pleasing, and I'm glad we can agree. As an amateur artist I take some of the bitching "personally" (which is my own fault, I know) because I know that art can be tough and expensive to create, and not everyone has the time, skill, or money to create high-quality Disney-esque 2D animation like Cuphead or even 2D high-detail pixel art.
I know what you mean - I would not call myself an artist, even amatuer, but still I like to draw, when the mood takes me I can spend a lot of time and effort on it, and since I can see the reuslts for what they are (which is to say not very good :D) I appreciate how much talent and effort it takes to make something actually good. But that's kind of the point - I do recognise that my work is mostly not very good at all, I know my limitations and how I compare to those truly talented.

To put it another way - if I'm supposed to pay money for a game I expect better than this, and no amount of "we couldn't do any better" will change that, because others did better and therefore they will get my money. I don't think that's unfair.
high rated
The trailer is one minute, get it? Ha, ha how we laughed.
tfishell: I'm not saying why not, that's fine - it looks relatively inexpensive to make but still pleasing, and I'm glad we can agree. As an amateur artist I take some of the bitching "personally" (which is my own fault, I know) because I know that art can be tough and expensive to create, and not everyone has the time, skill, or money to create high-quality Disney-esque 2D animation like Cuphead or even 2D high-detail pixel art.
Breja: I know what you mean - I would not call myself an artist, even amatuer, but still I like to draw, when the mood takes me I can spend a lot of time and effort on it, and since I can see the reuslts for what they are (which is to say not very good :D) I appreciate how much talent and effort it takes to make something actually good. But that's kind of the point - I do recognise that my work is mostly not very good at all, I know my limitations and how I compare to those truly talented.

To put it another way - if I'm supposed to pay money for a game I expect better than this, and no amount of "we couldn't do any better" will change that, because others did better and therefore they will get my money. I don't think that's unfair.
On free-market principal I definitely agree - the better product deserves the lion's share of the market. (warning: ramble ahead) On a philosophical(?) level, to me it kind of leads to down a personal rabbit hole though - if somebody wants to make games, and they don't want to do anything else with their life (don't have passion for anything else), but they aren't good enough to "make it", what do they do? Just kill themselves already? :P That could be applied to anything rather than just games, and a question of "where do I fit in the world". Or maybe I take it more personally because I don't have a "support base" other than parents - no friends, wife/kids, or coworkers in real life. Is it worth it just to keep trying at something to at least say "well I tried my whole life to do this because nothing else interested/ impassioned me, and that's something". Or one could ask "why bother even trying if a better product is already out there?"

(I'm happy http://store.steampowered.com/app/799510/Squidlit/ was well-received on Steam but I'm sure there'd be complaining about the art if it appeared on GOG)
tfishell: On free-market principal I definitely agree - the better product deserves the lion's share of the market. (warning: ramble ahead) On a philosophical(?) level, to me it kind of leads to down a personal rabbit hole though - if somebody wants to make games, and they don't want to do anything else with their life (don't have passion for anything else), but they aren't good enough to "make it", what do they do? Just kill themselves already? :P That could be applied to anything rather than just games, and a question of "where do I fit in the world". Or maybe I take it more personally because I don't have a "support base" other than parents - no friends, wife/kids, or coworkers in real life. Is it worth it just to keep trying at something to at least say "well I tried my whole life to do this because nothing else interested/ impassioned me, and that's something". Or one could ask "why bother even trying if a better product is already out there?"
Keep trying to make it work somehow would be my answer. Maybe you just get better at it. Maybe you don't, but you can still maybe make even that work.That's why some people love Ed Wood and Tommy Wiseau, right? Because they have no damn idea what they are doing nor any talent for it, but they just kept doing their best anyway, and the result is as pathetic as it is, to some, impressive. Now, I do not quite share that sentiment, but it's there. Not to mention that in this world, talent and success don't often go hand in hand. There's a lot of Stephenie Meyers and Katy Perrys out there.

As long as there is true passion behind it, a true creative need to make something I can appreicate that, even if I do not like the result one bit and do not intend to "vote for it with my wallet". It's the calculated "let's jump on the whatever is popular and easy bandwagon" that I truly can't stand.
low rated
tfishell: On free-market principal I definitely agree - the better product deserves the lion's share of the market. (warning: ramble ahead) On a philosophical(?) level, to me it kind of leads to down a personal rabbit hole though - if somebody wants to make games, and they don't want to do anything else with their life (don't have passion for anything else), but they aren't good enough to "make it", what do they do? Just kill themselves already? :P That could be applied to anything rather than just games, and a question of "where do I fit in the world". Or maybe I take it more personally because I don't have a "support base" other than parents - no friends, wife/kids, or coworkers in real life. Is it worth it just to keep trying at something to at least say "well I tried my whole life to do this because nothing else interested/ impassioned me, and that's something". Or one could ask "why bother even trying if a better product is already out there?"
Breja: Keep trying to make it work somehow would be my answer. Maybe you just get better at it. Maybe you don't, but you can still maybe make even that work.That's why some people love Ed Wood and Tommy Wiseau, right? Because they have no damn idea what they are doing nor any talent for it, but they just kept doing their best anyway, and the result is as pathetic as it is, to some, impressive. Now, I do not quite share that sentiment, but it's there. Not to mention that in this world, talent and success don't often go hand in hand. There's a lot of Stephenie Meyers and Katy Perrys out there.

As long as there is true passion behind it, a true creative need to make something I can appreicate that, even if I do not like the result one bit and do not intend to "vote for it with my wallet". It's the calculated "let's jump on the whatever is popular and easy bandwagon" that I truly can't stand.
Fair view. I'm sure we'll continue to disagree on negativity in release threads, but we'll agree to disagree in some reagrds. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?
Qwertw: Everyone has complaints, and I'm sitting here thinking:

"This game looks amazing".
Sì! I am enjoying every sixty seconds of it! Lots of FUN!
I’ve been interested in the cutely minimal Minit for a while now, ever since I saw its cheerful monochrome graphics and heard its instantly hooky premise. To wit: Your happy little dinosaur guy has blundered into a particularly nasty curse, leaving him with only 60 seconds to run around a world that plays a lot like an old-school Zelda game, solving puzzles and fighting the occasional monster. Luckily, he’s also functionally immortal, which means that every time the clock ticks down to zero and he dramatically croaks, he wakes back up in his bed, with any new items conveniently placed next to his house and any big changes to the world kept intact.

The end result is a study in prioritization, forcing you to think through exactly how you want to spend that precious minute of life. Explore a seemingly vast and endless desert? Go hunting for new friends? Stand and listen to a painfully slow-talking older fellow laboriously reveal a clue to hidden treasure (one of Minit’s many jokes poking fun at its own premise)? Breezy and cute, the game isn’t necessarily going to grip you with its story—it’s much more interested in constructing smart, devious puzzles than it is in offering any thoughtful meditations on the nature or passage of time—but it doesn’t really need to. Refreshingly brief (unless you dip into the New Game+ challenge mode, which feels like an easy way to tear out one’s own hair), it only took me an afternoon to complete, but it was an afternoon where I had a goofy smile consistently plastered to my face. [William Hughes]
https://games.avclub.com/you-only-have-60-seconds-to-live-in-minit-s-ingenious-a-1825016650
Bleah, gfxz. [gog forum]

I’ve been interested in the cutely minimal Minit for a while now, ever since I saw its cheerful monochrome graphics and heard its instantly hooky premise. To wit: Your happy little dinosaur guy has blundered into a particularly nasty curse, leaving him with only 60 seconds to run around a world that plays a lot like an old-school Zelda game, solving puzzles and fighting the occasional monster. Luckily, he’s also functionally immortal, which means that every time the clock ticks down to zero and he dramatically croaks, he wakes back up in his bed, with any new items conveniently placed next to his house and any big changes to the world kept intact.

The end result is a study in prioritization, forcing you to think through exactly how you want to spend that precious minute of life. Explore a seemingly vast and endless desert? Go hunting for new friends? Stand and listen to a painfully slow-talking older fellow laboriously reveal a clue to hidden treasure (one of Minit’s many jokes poking fun at its own premise)? Breezy and cute, the game isn’t necessarily going to grip you with its story—it’s much more interested in constructing smart, devious puzzles than it is in offering any thoughtful meditations on the nature or passage of time—but it doesn’t really need to. Refreshingly brief (unless you dip into the New Game+ challenge mode, which feels like an easy way to tear out one’s own hair), it only took me an afternoon to complete, but it was an afternoon where I had a goofy smile consistently plastered to my face. [William Hughes]
Telika: https://games.avclub.com/you-only-have-60-seconds-to-live-in-minit-s-ingenious-a-1825016650

Bleah, gfxz. [gog forum]
Telika:
surprised?

the usual suspects here tend to dismiss Steam forums as toxic, dismissive and elitist - but even there Minit had a much better and much less judgmental reception. It is currently at 95% positive rating out of 147 reviews. The forums there are also well... better...

*shrug* tells you a lot about gOg's forum and community today, to be honest
Great game.
amok: [...] the usual suspects here tend to dismiss Steam forums as toxic, dismissive and elitist - but even there Minit had a much better and much less judgmental reception. It is currently at 95% positive rating out of 147 reviews. The forums there are also well... better...

*shrug* tells you a lot about gOg's forum and community today, to be honest
Maybe GOG is just better at killing our hopes (for a better tomorrow) and crushing our dreams (of the site ever improving). Maybe Steam is better at community management; maybe Steams community is more oblivious. Not being on Steam, I can't compare.
Personally, I still try to do what I can to improve the site. On the other hand I am already prepared for the worst. (I even store all my installers locally, in case GOG announces bankruptcy tomorrow or sells out to Google.)
soxy_lady: god what an arbortion
V4V: You mean your spelling?
is that supposed to be a witty retort?
V4V: You mean your spelling?
soxy_lady: is that supposed to be a witty retort?
I just pointed out the irony in your incorrect spelling of the profanity you criticised others' work with.