It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No light, no light.

Lighthouse: The Dark Being is now available DRM-free, only on GOG.com.

A first-person adventure by masters of classic point & clicks, Sierra On-Line. What goes on inside that eerie lighthouse, occupied by the eccentric Dr. Krick and his little daughter? The mysterious message on your answering machine prompts you to enter, only to find its inhabitants gone. Violently transported to a parallel universe by a malevolent entity, their only hope now is that you'll cross to the other side, overcome the devious puzzles, and bring them back safely.

Feeling spooked yet? If not, treat yourself to some nightmare fuel by visiting our Horror Show sale, where all attractions are up to 90% off until February 13, 11PM UTC. Screams not included.
muntdefems: Actually, all the recent Sierra/Activision games have a 10% price hike in the Eurozone (and friends). Which by the way is not a result of taking EUR-USD parity, as that should result in a ~18% hike with GOG's current exchange rates.

It's odd, really.
Oh. I just had a quick look and there were none regionally priced for me, so there's that change at least, classics also going along with the rest in saying Eastern Europe is also wealthy. But a quick look on the thread said the most recent few only had discounts too. Ah well.
But you're right about it being 10% instead of 18%, my bad.
Nice.Now that ScummVM supports them please also release Shivers and Rama (if you can figure out the rights)
Cavalary: Oh. I just had a quick look and there were none regionally priced for me, so there's that change at least, classics also going along with the rest in saying Eastern Europe is also wealthy. But a quick look on the thread said the most recent few only had discounts too. Ah well.
But you're right about it being 10% instead of 18%, my bad.
And my bad with the bit about regional pricing for the Eurozone and friends (i.e. Eastern Europe). I didn't check it, I just assumed it since those are recent releases and regRO and regRS sharing prices with the Eurozone seems to be the norm now. :\
I've been waiting for this one a long time! I said I'd rebuy Lighthouse if it ever did make it here, so I guess I have to when I get home from work.

Liryl (the girl in the pod/chair from the screenshots) is one of those characters who has stuck in my head for years.
Such a great game and I'm so happy to finally see this on GOG. Now if only Resident evil 1, 2 and 3 also releases on GOG, that be would be just great :)
GOG.com:
The game is not indexed in the catalogue, for some reason (it's searchable in neither the nav bar, nor the "browse all games" page).
EDIT: It's also, of course, missing from the Horror Show promo page.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Instant buy for me. One of my favorites. Now I don't have to worry about trying to get my Disc to work.
Fantastic sale. So many titles from my wishlist - thanks GOG! :)

But wait - where is Linux support for Scanner Sombre? I've got the game on Steam and played there natively. By the way - perhaps it's still not a proper price, but the game has really great atmosphere and in my opinion is definitely worth playing.
While it's very nice to (finally) see this here, the regional pricing for a 20+yrs old game leaves a bad taste in my mouth, then again expected, it's Activision...
Lafazar: Nice.Now that ScummVM supports them please also release Shivers and Rama (if you can figure out the rights)
Ah yes, RAMA, one of my favourites to be sure. Some strange navigation issues around the shed and the maze in the city...But for the rest: Solid game with great writing and OK acting. Finally a game with some alien aliens and not humans that were given a paint-job and some skin-grafts (I'm looking at you Star Trek).
If nothing else, it got me to read the amazing book series by Arthur C. Clarke :-)
ciemnogrodzianin: But wait - where is Linux support for Scanner Sombre? I've got the game on Steam and played there natively.
Probably because Linux support it's only experimental, whatever that means.

And since there hasn't been no news since that announcement from last June, I don't think they're working hard on it.
muntdefems: ...
Yeah, I know. It's for my own good.
Last time I asked someone explained quite clearly that sh*tty ports or solutions based on third party platforms requiring separate installers such as Adobe AIR are not welcome here.
Kinda looks similar to Shivers.
I liked this even more than the original Myst. It has a pronounced technological angle. It's so satisfying to explore the alien planet and learn what different strange machines do. The villain is a bit too goofy, though.
pmcollectorboy: Kinda looks similar to Shivers.
The David Cronenberg movie?