It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take the challenge of Silver Buckle and become the best horse rider you can be.
Genre: Sports simulator
Discount: 33% off until 4th February 2022, 2 PM UTC
Timboli: ...
tfishell: I wouldn't be surprised if GOG circa '13-'17ish thought they could afford to be more picky than they realistically could (hedging their bets on Galaxy really taking off and bringing in new customers and truly becoming competition to Steam), and eventually the "curation" came back to bite them (and other issues of course), so they're trying to do better about courting devs and pubs.
That seems likely. The thing that really shocked me around then was when GOG started rejecting games from long-term GOG-supporting companies, eg. Zachtronics' Opus Magnum (later reversed due to public demand) and Frozenbyte's Has-Been Heroes.

If you want to build up a mutually-supportive DRM-free-friendly corner of gaming, that sure isn't the way to do it. If even proven devs who've championed DRM-free can't rely on GOG to distribute their next game, then GOG isn't a stable platform to build an audience on. Steam used to get away with that "we don't need you" approach, because once upon a time getting your indie game on Steam meant instant riches, but that doesn't make it a sound business strategy for the underdog competitor...
Post edited January 30, 2022 by zlep
This reminds of a free PC game my sister played that came on a CD with a pony magazine xD I hope it only reminds of it and has actual more content and quality than that game from over 10 years ago from the magazine...
low rated
Interesting shovelware. The review on the game page made me chuckle though. Ha, ha!
zlep: If you want to build up a mutually-supportive DRM-free-friendly corner of gaming, that sure isn't the way to do it. If even proven devs who've championed DRM-free can't rely on GOG to distribute their next game, then GOG isn't a stable platform to build an audience on.
I have to agree. DRM-free is a cultural idea, and part of that involves helping the people who want to support the notion.

I think the key to an effective company is a degree of boldness, to do things that a 8,000lb gorilla like Steam wouldn't bother with. Positive curation - the active acquisition of quality games, should be the goal. This means bringing proven but unavailable games via GOG. Stuff like porting Asura's Wrath, pulling Black & White out of the Microsoft vault, and so on.

Gatekeeping doesn't excite me, because that is inherently about ensuring a lack of stuff.
low rated
Gatekeeping is always the answer. If you like something GATEKEEP!!
just changing it to allow in everyone else will making it a very bad experience for everyone
I havent seen any company saved by opening the floodgates, and sure they lost what made them valuable to be saved

and gog was about GOOD and DRM-free games , not drm-free games , we were here for both of these not only just for the half , or else we would be on itch.io

Crosmando: Come on, we all know the only people who use GOG are 30+ boomers.
BreOl72: So, people with kids/grandkids?
Kids/grandkids who might be interested in playing this game?
Well then...ok, boomer!
yeah kids want to play old low quality games and not the new hyped stuff they see everywhere?
do you have kids?
Post edited January 30, 2022 by Orkhepaj
Orkhepaj: Gatekeeping is always the answer. If you like something GATEKEEP!!
just changing it to allow in everyone else will making it a very bad experience for everyone
I havent seen any company saved by opening the floodgates, and sure they lost what made them valuable to be saved

and gog was about GOOD and DRM-free games , not drm-free games , we were here for both of these not only just for the half , or else we would be on itch.io

Well then...ok, boomer!
Orkhepaj: yeah kids want to play old low quality games and not the new hyped stuff they see everywhere?
do you have kids?
Agreed on the gatekeeping as we may disagree on varies things we atleast agree on that

On the kids factor eh not all kids are like that granted the majority are in wanting the newest coolest thing .. But I can say for my self in general as a kid I never cared about the newest shinest thing.. Granted I was taught to early on not to be all for ''shiny new stuff'' for the fact is it was during the era of basically tech inovation one might say with failing 'cool shiny hyped products'' Lasting afew months to a year and if lucky two years before the next better thing shown up.. So even as a kid I tended to lean towards older media and games aswell as older consoles .. But eh I know currently kids from the nieghborhoood that aren't into new stuff and just care about if its fun .. Nothing much else to it .. Those kids with that mindset is generally rare as far as I can tell anymore and mostly a exception
low rated

yeah kids want to play old low quality games and not the new hyped stuff they see everywhere?
do you have kids?
BanditKeith2: Agreed on the gatekeeping as we may disagree on varies things we atleast agree on that

On the kids factor eh not all kids are like that granted the majority are in wanting the newest coolest thing .. But I can say for my self in general as a kid I never cared about the newest shinest thing.. Granted I was taught to early on not to be all for ''shiny new stuff'' for the fact is it was during the era of basically tech inovation one might say with failing 'cool shiny hyped products'' Lasting afew months to a year and if lucky two years before the next better thing shown up.. So even as a kid I tended to lean towards older media and games aswell as older consoles .. But eh I know currently kids from the nieghborhoood that aren't into new stuff and just care about if its fun .. Nothing much else to it .. Those kids with that mindset is generally rare as far as I can tell anymore and mostly a exception
yeah there are a few of those ,but they usually wont connect well with the majority , probably not a good thing for their future

Well then...ok, boomer!
Orkhepaj: yeah kids want to play old low quality games and not the new hyped stuff they see everywhere?
do you have kids?
Hey I love Gatekeeping, if it infringes on something I care for.
So yeah I will Gatekeep Black Metal as you really don't want the guys that are gone in a few month when it is not cool anymore in there, but I also will not bash Stuff like Myrkur, I simply don't listen and won't visit these concerts, they'll be gone soon enough.
Between my people and that Mainstream Band there is simply no overlap, why would I care ?

Same here, this game does not infringe on the stuff I like, why would I care ?
Now If they would try to make Warhammer40k adhere to rules for 6 years old.......that would be problematic.
So yeah Gatekeep, but do it smart, not hard.
Post edited January 30, 2022 by Reaper9988
BanditKeith2: Agreed on the gatekeeping as we may disagree on varies things we atleast agree on that

Orkhepaj: yeah there are a few of those ,but they usually wont connect well with the majority , probably not a good thing for their future
I'd say not good for the majorty given in my experience those that tend to want the newest shiny product if they don't get out of that mindset after a set age tend to be the ones that ''try to keep up with the jones'' you know the sort that spend beyond what they can afford usually to appeal to others rather then be smart to aviod going into debt atleast for awhile if not for the rest of their life. While the ones not for the new shiny stuff so often after a set age tend to be smart enough to avoid that debt trap too many get themselves in anymore .. the only downside to the prior tends to be waiting tabit too long to get better solutations or better variants of something.. For example I still stumbernly refuse to give up some old P/2 mice and keyboards as they still work great and easy to fix when a usb laser mouse or usb keyboard would be better in many ways same with in a sense Bluetooth keyboard and mouse when latency doesn't matter among other similar crude..

Granted for others there can be far more downsides as I have always been a introvert by nature .. So odds are for others there is more downsides then I have over it

Anyway whatever the case I do wonbder if this game will bring in more then the cost of hosting it brings as it seems like the type of game that won't make much if any money on Gog
Post edited January 30, 2022 by BanditKeith2

Well then...ok, boomer!
do you have kids?
Do you ?
Boomers are in their 60+

I'd say the majority of GoG users would be GenX

There are Millennials in their 30s
Orkhepaj: yeah there are a few of those ,but they usually wont connect well with the majority , probably not a good thing for their future
BanditKeith2: I'd say not good for the majorty given in my experience those that tend to want the newest shiny product if they don't get out of that mindset after a set age tend to be the ones that ''try to keep up with the jones'' you know the sort that spend beyond what they can afford usually to appeal to others rather then be smart to aviod going into debt atleast for awhile if not for the rest of their life. While the ones not for the new shiny stuff so often after a set age tend to be smart enough to avoid that debt trap too many get themselves in anymore .. the only downside to the prior tends to be waiting tabit too long to get better solutations or better variants of something.. For example I still stumbernly refuse to give up some old P/2 mice and keyboards as they still work great and easy to fix when a usb laser mouse or usb keyboard would be better in many ways same with in a sense Bluetooth keyboard and mouse when latency doesn't matter among other similar crude..

Granted for others there can be far more downsides as I have always been a introvert by nature .. So odds are for others there is more downsides then I have over it

Anyway whatever the case I do wonbder if this gay will bring in more then the cost of hosting it brings as it seems like the type of game that won't make much if any money on Gog
Everyone has old habits they don't let go of, that's how it goes when you get older. I got quite a few Nos now that I am 40 lol.
But eh if a Kid wants to play this today or someone else wants to play it for Nostalgias sake, why not.
Despite all the crying it really does not infringe on anyone,
Even if it won't sell enough to make up the hosting/Tandieme(?) costs, everyone selling stuff hosted on their servers will have that problem, and I'm obviously sure GOG had that problem before ?
I would assume someone figured this is an addition worth being added, if you think about it, the size of this game is a pittance compared to modern Games, even if it does not sell like hot gravy it might still be a net plus.
If there is a large cost in hosting, it would also mean there is a lot of interest.
So basically win win.

mechmouse: Boomers are in their 60+

40 here and I consider myself the "unnamed Generation" thankfully.
Post edited January 30, 2022 by Reaper9988

do you have kids?
Reaper9988: Do you ?
I do

Here's some of their favourite games

Impossible Creatures - 2003
Dungeon Keeper™ 2 - 1999
Red Alert 2 - 2000
Tomb Raider Legend - 2006
Spore - 2008

Dug out our old DS handhelds so they can play older pokemon games
BanditKeith2: I'd say not good for the majorty given in my experience those that tend to want the newest shiny product if they don't get out of that mindset after a set age tend to be the ones that ''try to keep up with the jones'' you know the sort that spend beyond what they can afford usually to appeal to others rather then be smart to aviod going into debt atleast for awhile if not for the rest of their life. While the ones not for the new shiny stuff so often after a set age tend to be smart enough to avoid that debt trap too many get themselves in anymore .. the only downside to the prior tends to be waiting tabit too long to get better solutations or better variants of something.. For example I still stumbernly refuse to give up some old P/2 mice and keyboards as they still work great and easy to fix when a usb laser mouse or usb keyboard would be better in many ways same with in a sense Bluetooth keyboard and mouse when latency doesn't matter among other similar crude..

Anyway whatever the case I do wonbder if this gay will bring in more then the cost of hosting it brings as it seems like the type of game that won't make much if any money on Gog
Reaper9988: Everyone has old habits they don't let go of, that's how it goes when you get older. I got quite a few Nos now that I am 40 lol.
But eh if a Kid wants to play this today or someone else wants to play it for Nostalgias sake, why not.
Despite all the crying it really does not infringe on anyone,
Even if it won't sell enough to make up the hosting/Tandieme(?) costs, everyone selling stuff hosted on their servers will have that problem, and I'm obviously sure GOG had that problem before ?
I would assume someone figured this is an addition worth being added, if you think about it, the size of this game is a pittance compared to modern Games, even if it does not sell like hot gravy it might still be a net plus.
If there is a large cost in hosting, it would also mean there is a lot of interest.
So basically win win.

Reaper9988: 40 here and I consider myself the "unnamed Generation" thankfully.
That's fair .... I do still think games need to be made sure odds are return on costs via sales make the most sense to be allowed rather then a loss revenue hosting even if they believe its worthy to add.. But I suppose we need to agree to disagree factor on our views on the issue here
low rated

The fact that you don't know the 30 year old boomer meme probably means you're an actual 60+ boomer.