It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Take the challenge of Silver Buckle and become the best horse rider you can be.
Genre: Sports simulator
Discount: 33% off until 4th February 2022, 2 PM UTC
I remember when this was released and I decided against getting it after some consideration. I might have bought if younger but I guess I was much too old already back in '06.
Xabyer_B: Curated Selection. Of course.... I suppose that God of War is ask too much.
Yeh I'm sure someone at GoG got to say no to that
low rated
Horses are only good for 2 things:

1. Glue

2. Shitting on your rhubarb
For a moment there I thought this game might come with an "Unrated" patch, but I guess that's just my dirty mind :P...

Anyway, GOG releasing family friendly content and 18+ content on the same day is a bit confusing :P. But there's room for both here, so no harm done.
GOG.com: ...
Less curation and this is an old title so there shouldn't be updates to worry about! (hopefully) Obviously I have no interest in this personally but that's just me.

Speaking of kids' games, how about the missing Humongous Entertainment adventure games? ;) (perhaps out of your hands at this point, like how we can't get Pajama Sam's missing languages unfortunately)

Personally what I'd like to see from Cosmi Valusoft is Frog Frenzy 2, which was basically just Safari Kongo with different main characters. (FF1 also though that may be too close to a Frogger clone)

also it looks like Cosmi has F29 Retaliator on Steam, but I searched and didn't see it here.
Post edited January 28, 2022 by tfishell
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: You know, it is times like these that make me wonder who the hell they think that they are catering to with their "curation". Cannot imagine that some budget title such as this will make as much as some of the stuff that they passed up like the Macventure games. As well as the numerous other known titles that they have disregarded over the years. Nothing like throwing shit to a wall and seeing what sticks. I think we can painfully say that they don't have a fucking clue at this point.

But, to be fair, they probably are trying to appeal to all the wishlist entries for this title... however nonexistent they happen to be. Happy to see the wishlist is getting used by GOG to choose titles.
Waifu4Life: The worst part is the some very good indie games that get released on Steam and Itch.io are rejected by GOG (the developers told me so), and yet, they bring things like "Let's Ride! Silver Buckle Stables" and "Elasto Mania", games that were probably considered shovelwares when released but are being released on GOG just because they are "old games" now.

Just release the rest of the Neptunia games and the other IF titles already!!!
I don't know about this game in particular, but calling Elasto Mania shovelware is a pretty far off. It's a game that was the very least known by every gamer back in my school and supposedly to this day has a cult following in Eastern Europe.
high rated
It is good that games for all sorts of people are being welcomed onto the store. Whether they enjoy riding equestrians or riding pedestrians, folks should get to enjoy media that suits their interests.
high rated
Alexim: Among the ten commandments of the perfect Goglodite is written:
"Thou shalt not leave a new release on GOG without a post letting everyone know how much you loathe the game."
Crosmando: Come on, you cannot deny GOG's releases have taken a definite turn into cheap/shovelware territory lately. It's weird because there's direct evidence of GOG rejecting some really promising indie titles but then you see something like.... this.
Although I personally have little interest in the game, in the end this isn't dissimilar to the Wheels of Steel games, only maybe the little girls will like it more. So I don't see it as something negative if it offers something new even if it's for a small group of customers.

I can understand that not having some titles that would fit here is frustrating, but I think GOG wants to earn as much money as possible like any company, so if they don't have other titles with bigger appeal I doubt it's because they didn't try.

Then surely they have rejected some interesting games for unknown reasons, some of which I would personally appreciate, or they ignore promising games because they probably have too few staff to deal with them. In any case we don't have enough information to know how things stand, but surely the release of this game hasn't prevented God of War to be released here.
Yeehaa!...

"Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide!"
Hmm, normally i woudnt play games like this because i feel they are perhaps a bit too girly or kids themed
but maybe i shoud just force myself to play one
maybe il even expand my horizon if i play something that usally isnt my cup of tea
or maybe i coud learn something usefull like how to groom a actual horse if i get a real one in real life or other usefull tidbits of information
Post edited January 28, 2022 by Lodium
high rated
You people should decide what you want.
Games for adults?
NOOOOO!
Games for kids?
NOOOOO!

its a game for children, a successfull if I remember right (hey, Horsi..). You don't have to buy it. So get over it.
Post edited January 28, 2022 by randomuser.833
Crosmando: It's weird because there's direct evidence of GOG rejecting some really promising indie titles but then you see something like.... this.
I don't get what's going on with Selaco (I haven't really researched the situation tbh), perhaps that's worth lambasting GOG over.

That said, I think this is a good post by Swedrami about what seems to be somewhat of a curational change. (and yeah he mentions Devotion, which also remains worth criticizing GOG over)

Recently (past year-ish) GOG has unrejected Detective Grimoire, Mothergunship, Huniecam, and probably others I'm missing. and I think long ago (perhaps 2012-13ish) Nicalis' titles were rejected but they recently showed up. The stickman fighting game and Cthulhu Saves Christmas - I think previous games by those devs were rejected but those were accepted.

other un-rejections I remember are Grimoire and Heaven's Vault. I'm guessing the Funbox Media games (like Gun Metal) are unrejections.
Oo, oo! Do Barbie Horse Adventures next! ;)
Post edited January 28, 2022 by Mr.Mumbles
Waifu4Life: The worst part is the some very good indie games that get released on Steam and Itch.io are rejected by GOG (the developers told me so), and yet, they bring things like "Let's Ride! Silver Buckle Stables" and "Elasto Mania", games that were probably considered shovelwares when released but are being released on GOG just because they are "old games" now.

Just release the rest of the Neptunia games and the other IF titles already!!!
soosgjr: I don't know about this game in particular, but calling Elasto Mania shovelware is a pretty far off. It's a game that was the very least known by every gamer back in my school and supposedly to this day has a cult following in Eastern Europe.
Rule Number 2 for Gog forums, everything I don't like is shovelware.
Mr.Mumbles: Oo, oo! Do Barbie Horse Aventures next! ;)
<3 <3 <3
Post edited January 28, 2022 by Reaper9988
low rated
I said 90s Shareware, not 2000s Shovelware. I'd rather buy a complete Moraffware pack.