It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
Fenixp: "But GOG doesn't carry any exlusive titles!"
Exclusive titles in general no, but digitally-exclusive on PC, they do.
timppu: That's just empty semantics. You could just as well say that when GOG was more focused to only Good Old Games, GOG was not promoting classic PC gaming, but they were promoting GOG.com. Ummm, ok, I guess. Relevance?
Fenixp: Relevance being that GOG is already raising a culture of GOG = DRM-free gaming that I've noticed several times aroud the boards, which is a very dangerous and unhealthy culture indeed.
First of all, nowhere is GOG claiming to be the synonym for DRM-free gaming. Even Humble Bundle uses it a lot, mainly nowadays with their Android games because with PC games they are increasingly offering only Steam keys:

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

It just so happens that GOG is taking it more seriously than the other stores, which is why many PC gamers consider GOG to be the premier service for DRM-free PC gaming (and deservedly so). The other stores mainly just pass whatever the publisher might have put together as a DRM-free installer or a zip file, and that's that.

It isn't really GOG's fault if other stores don't care enough for DRM-free gaming, but are more content with e.g. selling Steam keys.

Did you have this same issue when Good Old Games was considered as the premier place for classic PC gaming? Oh no, people don't consider the other places which have old PC games too, but don't just use it as a marketing angle as much as Good Old Games does? Oh no, classic game cultists herding to GOG.com? Well, maybe GOG.com was (and largely still is) _deservedly_ considered as the place to go to buy older PC classics, even if other stores had many of them too?

Fenixp: Of course it's both politics and ideology.
Of course it is not. It is part of the service. amok just likes to label it with those, as in trying to make it sound silly to prefer DRM-free gaming, because, you know, it is merely an "ideology and politics" and "not about the games themselves".

Is liking Steam-service due to e.g. auto-update, matchmaking and trading cards also politics and ideology?
Post edited June 23, 2015 by timppu
timppu: Of course it is not. It is part of the service. amok just likes to label it with those, as in trying to make it sound silly to prefer DRM-free gaming, because, you know, it is merely an "ideology and politics" and "not about the games themselves".
Being one doesn't exlude being the other. Let me put it this way: Does Steam feel the need to point out that every game they release has auto-updates, cloud or whatever? Just think about that for a second. I think that actually also adresses the rest of your post. I'm not particularily opposed to GOG saying these things and doing these things in principle - what I do not like is where these actions take their following, regardless of whether or not that is the end goal. I do not want Steam to get replaced by another Steam. And yes, I was also bothered by the lack of choice about purchasing old games back in 2008 - thakfully, that's no longer the case.
Well, I just bought this from IGS the other day. As I doubt the makers are going to give away GOG keys for the game right at launch I guess I will wishlist it for here and grab it when it is a little cheaper.
Fenixp: Being one doesn't exlude being the other. Let me put it this way: Does Steam feel the need to point out that every game they release has auto-updates, cloud or whatever?
An example:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

They have the Steam Community Hub, Steam Trading Card, Steam Cloud, Achievements and Steam Leaderboard links on all game pages. They even mention the game coming to SteamOS. How dare they? Politics! Ideology! Cultists!

Fenixp: And yes, I was also bothered by the lack of choice about purchasing old games back in 2008 - thakfully, that's no longer the case.
Similarly, DRM-free games have always been available also outside of GOG.com as well, starting from DotEmu.com for instance (and later many other stores too). So, what was the problem again? Was it that the classic games or DRM-free games can't be bought outside of GOG.com, or that GOG.com is more vocal about them than other stores that don't seem to care as much? GOG.com should be more hush-hush about classic games and DRM-free gaming, because other stores are more indifferent about them?

Getting back to your "GOG is not promoting DRM-free gaming, but only GOG": do you feel it is wrong to say that Steam and GOG.com are promoting Linux and Mac gaming, when they release Linux/Mac versions of games?
Post edited June 23, 2015 by timppu
amok: gOg is not promoting DRM-free gaming, gOg is promoting gOg.
GOG is synonymous with DRM free games.gaming. DRM free games might be available on other stores but GOG has a higher profile and pushes drm free as a major advantage to buying games here. Marketing or not.
timppu: ....
Second line, right under the headline. Because that's neither a political nor an ideological statement at all. DRM-free revolution is a feature.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Fenixp
Fenixp: I find GOG's attempts at bulding a loyal following worrying.
WTF?
They are trying to appeal to people to get their money. They keep giving me what I want, I keep giving them what they want. What part of this should worry anyone? Is "loyalty" suddenly a bad thing? Are efforts at building it, consisting of doing good things for people, bad things?

It's like the "good guy" hatred - I don't get it. People who are kind to you don't deserve to be treated WORSE than ones who are neutral. A degree of appreciation is natural.
Fenixp: I find GOG's attempts at bulding a loyal following worrying.
Vestin: WTF?
They are trying to appeal to people to get their money. They keep giving me what I want, I keep giving them what they want. What part of this should worry anyone? Is "loyalty" suddenly a bad thing? Are efforts at building it, consisting of doing good things for people, bad things?

It's like the "good guy" hatred - I don't get it. People who are kind to you don't deserve to be treated WORSE than ones who are neutral. A degree of appreciation is natural.
Haha, yeah, to be honest reading this thread kind of felt like I stepped into a bizarro world parallel universe. And an annoying one too, since I actually was looking for information about the game just released.
I thought this was another title with boat-sy combat on the high seas, which was called something similar.
Not really interested in either title, but this looks like something I might pick up during a big sale.
It might also be one of the more extras filled releases in a while.
Vestin: They are trying to appeal to people to get their money.
I get that, and I believe I made it clear that I understand why GOG is doing so. The only way to fight Steam's fanatics is to get some of your own. It's not like there's that much choice on the matter.

Vestin: Is "loyalty" suddenly a bad thing? Are efforts at building it, consisting of doing good things for people, bad things?
I believe so, yes. Not doing good things for consumers per se, but loyalty itself. In an ideal world, I would like to see consumer rights and consumer convenience always respected - all games are DRM-free, all games offer features like cloud saves, workshop etc., ideally all united under a single client, driven by a third party, open-source community. That way, when you're deciding what to buy, you aren't deciding based on which store sells a product - instead, you are deciding based on price and perhaps some minor factors, which are not specific to the product sold, but to the store selling it.

As it stands tho, the market has adopted some incredibly unhealthy tendencies, including the entire concept of "loyalty". The entire problem of Steam having market dominance? That's what store loyalty looks like on larger scale. I never want to see GOG (or any other digital store) grow just to replace one semi-monopoly with another.

Vestin: It's like the "good guy" hatred - I don't get it. People who are kind to you don't deserve to be treated WORSE than ones who are neutral.
I don't hate GOG - just as I don't hate Steam or any other retailer. It would be silly to do so.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Fenixp
This looks pretty neat, let me check out some comments and details to see what it's like...

err... what the hell happened in here?

Quick question to anyone who has played it - on the release page it mentions "fast paced combat" a few times. Is this just to let us know it's not a drawn out slog? As the game looks like a nice deliberative turnbased game. And I'd rather it not have a turn timer or a mechanic encouraging me to toss out cards as fast as I can click. Anyone know if this is the case? Or again is it just a way to let us know the battles aren't 3 hour grand strategic theatre?
A steampunk Civil War game with locations in Virginia? Probably one of the fastest purchases I've ever made here.
IAmSinistar: A steampunk Civil War game with locations in Virginia? Probably one of the fastest purchases I've ever made here.
LO when you put it that way ;)

Also okay I'll bite... where is the reference to the Virginia battlegrounds?
Ixamyakxim: This looks pretty neat, let me check out some comments and details to see what it's like...

err... what the hell happened in here?

Quick question to anyone who has played it - on the release page it mentions "fast paced combat" a few times. Is this just to let us know it's not a drawn out slog? As the game looks like a nice deliberative turnbased game. And I'd rather it not have a turn timer or a mechanic encouraging me to toss out cards as fast as I can click. Anyone know if this is the case? Or again is it just a way to let us know the battles aren't 3 hour grand strategic theatre?
Turn-based with turns lasting 5 seconds, apparently.