It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
yyahoo: In the Humble DRM-free version, there was a line at the bottom of the Campaign screen that specifically stated: "Multiplayer is not available". I assume that is also true of GOG's version?

I've got pics attached in this post:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_pc_android_bundle_12/post26
Nope, non of those screens have the "multiplayer not available" text/bar in them in my GOG version.
yyahoo: In the Humble DRM-free version, there was a line at the bottom of the Campaign screen that specifically stated: "Multiplayer is not available". I assume that is also true of GOG's version?

I've got pics attached in this post:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_pc_android_bundle_12/post26
LordCinnamon: Nope, non of those screens have the "multiplayer not available" text/bar in them in my GOG version.
That's odd. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the Main Menu and Campaign menu? I'm very curious as to what's different.
yyahoo: That's odd. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the Main Menu and Campaign menu? I'm very curious as to what's different.
Sure.
Interestingly, the screenshots on the store page actually aren't from the version that is sold. You can see the bar there, and the card unlocks that in my game are under "New Game Plus" are under "Skirmish" in the store page shots.
Attachments:
main.jpg (345 Kb)
campaign.jpg (329 Kb)
Post edited June 23, 2015 by LordCinnamon
yyahoo: That's odd. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the Main Menu and Campaign menu? I'm very curious as to what's different.
LordCinnamon: Sure.
Interestingly, the screenshots on the store page actually aren't from the version that is sold. You can see the bar there, and the card unlocks that in my game are under "New Game Plus" are under "Skirmish" in the store page shots.
Awesome. Thanks!

So, yeah, all references, buttons, etc, to multiplayer have been removed in GOG's version of the game. It certainly looks a lot cleaner and there are no blaring messages reminding you of what you don't have, which is actually kinda nice.
Ixamyakxim: Would love impressions once some people start playing this!
I played it a few months ago, all i can say is that it feels like a fast puzzle game mixtured with cards and luck, some missions are ok but others do require that you have a deck build made specifically for those missions, i stopped playing at mission 11 because it was way too hard, i had to hold out "x" rounds vs a big wave of enemies that wouldn't stopped, it's just unfair, i suppose that i had to build a deck just to stop them long enough but even so it wasn't fun.

Dunno, it's a mixed feeling, i loved the game overall but those missions were just bullshit that ruin the fun of the game.

Maybe i'll return to it one day if it's released on ps+ (i have more patience playing on consoles than on the pc).
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Cyraxpt
zeffyr: OK, I know that I'm repeating myself, but few screenshots include 'INVITE FRIEND' button - does this version support multiplayer or not? :-S
I have the IGS DRM-free version on my Win8 laptop and there is no multiplayer in that version.
I do believe that only the Steam versions come with a working multiplayer (I cannot vouch for HB or Steam as I have not played either version).

On Win8 it needs to be run using an admin account to run.
Tadaam! I've just got a reply from Zach Barth himself, the creator of Ironclad Tactics and the guy behind Zachtronics Industries, about the possibility of multiplayer in GOG version

He says: 'It's very unlikely, as the work required would be quite expensive. Perhaps if it sold well on GOG?'

So it may happen, just vote with your wallet! :-)
It looks more like a casual game, but thats fine with me , i have a closet full of retail casuals (cd/dvd)
plus 70 or so as digital download , all drm free ofcourse :D

i am gonna buy it :D

got it:

ironclad tactics deluxe edition € 13.79 € 7.99
discount – ironclad tactics deluxe edition launch discount 23/06/15 € 4.60
order total: € 7.99

I had 1.20 euro credit from the pre-order of the game: Guild Of Dungeoneering

( €1.20 off any future purchase)

so that is spend well, my psc had 8.04 euros left on it so now it is all used

theres a giftable copy of spacechem with the game :D
unfortunately i already have the game, got it on one of the sales

theres 10 tracks in FLAC format and in mp3 format 192kbps
normally these would cost 5 to sometimes 7 or 9 bucks

so at 9.19 euros its a very good price especially if you had some store credits left from previous purchases
and a weeklong 33% discount off is nice, since the game is new i dont think the game be on big sale in less then 2 or 3 months. So get it now if you like the game.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by gamesfreak64
Cyraxpt:
Thank you for this! I took a quick look at an early mission play and think that while I may keep the game on my radar it's something I'll wait on for a bit. For all those concerned, based on the play I watched the "5 seconds" didn't appear to be a hard constraint. The player moved quickly but I think that was more due to experience and not a gameplay mechanic forcing his hand.

Also Cyraxpt, I meant to thank you for another response in another thread RE: Grimrock. That was very, very helpful thanks!
Vestin: In other words - the sort of loyalty that would make people overlook inconveniences? Something like "unconditional love"? "I will forgive you anything you do purely because it would be you doing it"?
Not necessarily an issue of lack of critical thinking, altho that can be a part of it.

Vestin: I'd be more convinced if I hadn't seen the absolute chaos that ensues every time GOG announces... almost anything. I wouldn't say this place is filled with GOG fanatics; people here are hyper-vigilant.
You're right about that - people are getting more and more wary as GOG continues dropping their "principles". It's not just GOG of course, people are wary of the gaming industry in general.

Vestin: To put it in a different way: it's not pro-GOG ideology that enamors people with DRM-free games. It's DRM-free ideology that enamors people with GOG. As long as the belief system isn't explicitly vendor-related, it's not a matter of BLIND faith, it's just a matter of FAITH. I like my games DRM-free.
My experience from watching topics about stance of companies on DRM, with posts saying stuff along the lines of "They don't care about DRM-free, they didn't release their games on GOG!" would suggest otherwise to me. It's very anecdotal evidence of course - but it was seeing posts like those which got me worried in the first place. And hell, it's not like I know other things than my experience :-P

Vestin: Also - like it or not - these ARE the people who have spearheaded the DRM-free revolution. There's a degree or respect that comes with that, but with great respect come great expectations...
That doesn't really mean much. Steam has popularized digital distribution and either polished up or invented its modern standards. One also has to remember that, aside from early adopters who were forced into it because of Counter Strike Source and HL2, Steam gained its popularity by giving its customers a great service, GOG and Steam really don't differ that much all things considered.

Besides, I always found this claim that GOG is leading some sort of revolution quite silly - if there was a revolution they'd care about, GOG would do more to propagate it. That's part of what I'm talking about - GOG is a gaming store with clever marketing, nothing more, yet people have a tendency of giving them credit for more than that. At best GOG is the spearhead of using DRM-free as a way of selling your product, which is a good thing, but not really revolutionary.
Question for the blues - where does one find the SpaceChem key? I don't see it in the receipt email, nor in my orders purchased list. Is it coming later?
IAmSinistar: Question for the blues - where does one find the SpaceChem key? I don't see it in the receipt email, nor in my orders purchased list. Is it coming later?
Try doing the following. Click the game's box, "More", "Serial keys".
IAmSinistar: Question for the blues - where does one find the SpaceChem key? I don't see it in the receipt email, nor in my orders purchased list. Is it coming later?
From the game page:
"A giftable GOG code for SpaceChem and SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC. (Your code can be found under My Account in the Serial Keys section). "
i have a code aswell, already have the game, also had Xenonauts from last promo as redeem code , but i also had that game.

since Xenonauts expires after a month i guess i will trade it for a simple cheap game.
same goes for spacechem.

btw how can you trade? i assume you ask a user if he/she wants to trade, but how will the codes go? i asume sending the code in pm would not be wise cause how can we be sure the other side will send a code aswell ?

That would be a nice fix for GOG site: beiing able to trade using a GOG system that makes sure that both parties get the thing they want.
gamesfreak64: btw how can you trade? i assume you ask a user if he/she wants to trade, but how will the codes go? i asume sending the code in pm would not be wise cause how can we be sure the other side will send a code aswell ?
It's all based on a system of trust. Read the guidelines here and when in doubt of the person that asks you for a trade, you're advised to ask one of the older members here for advice.