It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fast-paced and card-based.

Incredibly quick and tactical: Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, the strategy card game from Zachtronics (the guys behind SpaceChem) just joined the DRM-free GOG.com catalogue and is now available for Windows, OS X, and Linux with a weeklong 33% discount.

Construct the strongest deck you can muster from your collection of cards and set out to defeat your opponents at lightning speeds - that’s precisely what Ironclad Tactics is all about. You will be dropped into a steampunk-styled American Civil War setting that features a varied mix of human and machine warriors - all of which can be collected and played as cards in fast-paced combat.

Aspiring tacticians beware: this game is known for a steep difficulty curve, so expect many a frustrating loss - but the more seasoned strategy generals will know this just adds an extra sense of victory to every win.

The Deluxe Edition of the game includes the following bonus content:

-- The Rise of Dmitry - the first add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics. Explore the backstory of Dmitry, and unlock his fearsome army by completing new missions against new foes.
-- The "Fort Phantom Ridge" gauntlet mission - a six-stage battle set in Dmitry's greatest factory-fort.
-- Blood and Ironclads, the add-on campaign for Ironclad Tactics about the Franco-Prussian war... With ironclads!
-- A high-quality digital artbook with concept art, designs, and commentary from the Zachtronics team.
-- A printable papercraft model of an ironclad that you can print out and assemble.
-- The Ironclad Tactics OST, with music by Evan Le Ny and Farewell to the Woods.
-- A giftable copy of SpaceChem with the SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC for the first week, free until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

Hop right into Ironclad Tactics Deluxe, an immersive, beautifully crafted card deck strategy, now available DRM-free at GOG.com. The 33% discount lasts one week, until Tuesday, June 30th at 9:59am GMT.

P.S. -- A tip from the experts - you can repair your ironclads. Do it, often.

What does the press say?

“Ironclad Tactics is a streamlined take on deck-building that still manages to offer huge variety in its armies, and beyond all of that has great sound effects when you squish little dudes under hulking behemoths.” -- Rock Paper Shotgun

“Some games throw curve balls. Ironclad Tactics pitches razor-lined orbs of flaming, molten death.” -- US Gamer

“Ironclad Tactics is definitely worth a look for any lover of collectible card style games who’s looking for a fresh system to master.” -- Gaming Trend
Fenixp: Not doing good things for consumers per se, but loyalty itself.
In other words - the sort of loyalty that would make people overlook inconveniences? Something like "unconditional love"? "I will forgive you anything you do purely because it would be you doing it"?

I'd be more convinced if I hadn't seen the absolute chaos that ensues every time GOG announces... almost anything. I wouldn't say this place is filled with GOG fanatics; people here are hyper-vigilant.
To put it in a different way: it's not pro-GOG ideology that enamors people with DRM-free games. It's DRM-free ideology that enamors people with GOG. As long as the belief system isn't explicitly vendor-related, it's not a matter of BLIND faith, it's just a matter of FAITH. I like my games DRM-free.

Also - like it or not - these ARE the people who have spearheaded the DRM-free revolution. There's a degree or respect that comes with that, but with great respect come great expectations...

tl;dr It'll be fine.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by Vestin
lostwolfe: while i don't outright refuse to buy games that don't have manuals, i completely understand where you're coming from :)
Eawyne: I agree to that too. Manuals are a good part of my childhood, when you got your game, and read the manual in the car home or in the toilets =P Manuals do not only need to be informative, they can contain lore, factoids, stories...

For example, the manuals of Baldur's Gate or Battle Realms are a blast to read ! The manual of Pharaoh was also neat, as for Zeus. You learned things about the universe you were playing not as a gamer, but as someone part of that universe. Your charachters KNOW things by living there. It would seem quite stupid that you as a player would hinder their chances at winning because you didn't take some time to learn more about the lore. Learning by yourself comes next, when you master the basics.

So even if I don't outvote people who don't make manuals, I heartilly applaud those wo do ^^ (and for the record, didn't CD Projekt edit a manual for The WItcher 3 ? What, are they retards for that ?).
Apart from the examples that you have mentioned, there was also the (first) homeworld manual - man, THAT was a blast tor read! It actually inspired some desktop RPG sessions in my circles, set in times *before* Clans even send first ship into space... Man, I would *love* good cRPG set in the lore set up by that manual.

And yes, all Witchers contain manual. Nothing spectacular like Homeworld, but solid one. Anyway, +1 for games with manuals.

/Estel
catpower1980: BTW, no "base game" version for poorer people or is the deluxe version obligatory?
Grargar: The developers gave a free upgrade to the Deluxe Edition yesterday on Steam, which means that for $14.99 (the base game's price), you now get the Deluxe Edition.
But if you're looking for the Steam version anyway, you can get it for $6 on IGS.
yyahoo: The Deluxe Edition, which includes the DLCs, was available DRM-free in Humble PC & Android Bundle 12 about 3 months ago. I double checked myself when it came out.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_pc_android_bundle_12/post28

Looking at the Humble Store right now, apparently you can buy the vanilla version of Ironclad there and the DLCs separately.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ironcladtactics_storefront
grimwerk: Interesting, thanks!

The vanilla game on humble is DRM-free, but if you follow the links to the DLCs, they are both Steam only.
The recent IGS vanilla was (is) also DRM-free, but the the DLC claims to unlock content via Steam.

Cool that you nailed the whole set DRM-free!

edit:
Given what you've said, I wonder if the recent IGS version could have been mislabeled.
Oh, you're absolutely right about the DLCs. My bad... I assumed that since they were advertising it on the page that it was compatible with the version that they were selling, but I guess the perspective is that the DRM-free copy is just a bonus. I wasn't in the proper "Steam state of mind" when viewing the page.
grimwerk: But if you're looking for the Steam version anyway, you can get it for $6 on IGS.
What I wanted to say to catpower1980 was that there is no cheaper version of the game; the base version used to cost $14.99 and each of the DLC packs, $4.99. Yesterday, the developer upgraded the base version to the deluxe one, effectively eliminating the DLC packs, but keeping the price of the game the same. Thus, the only version sold on Steam is the Deluxe Edition one; same as on here.
OK, I know that I'm repeating myself, but few screenshots include 'INVITE FRIEND' button - does this version support multiplayer or not? :-S
Post edited June 23, 2015 by zeffyr
yyahoo: The Deluxe Edition, which includes the DLCs, was available DRM-free in Humble PC & Android Bundle 12 about 3 months ago. I double checked myself when it came out.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_pc_android_bundle_12/post28

Looking at the Humble Store right now, apparently you can buy the vanilla version of Ironclad there and the DLCs separately.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ironcladtactics_storefront
zeffyr: Yesterday the developer upgraded basic ediitons to deluxe version for free (Steam).
Too late for me. I already used the Deluxe key that I got in the Humble PC and Android 12 bundle to upgrade the vanilla version that I got in Humble Weekly Strategy...

Then again, I'm all about duplication. I'm sure I'll grab Ironclad here once it goes on a big discount, then I'll have another in addition to the 2 purchased copies on Steam and 2 copies on Humble...
yyahoo: Then again, I'm all about duplication. I'm sure I'll grab Ironclad here once it goes on a big discount, then I'll have another in addition to the 2 purchased copies on Steam and 2 copies on Humble...
LOL you may have a problem ;) Then again, I'm a firm believer in voting with your dollars so it's nice to see you give a developer you like tons of support!
yyahoo: Too late for me. I already used the Deluxe key that I got in the Humble PC and Android 12 bundle to upgrade the vanilla version that I got in Humble Weekly Strategy...

Then again, I'm all about duplication. I'm sure I'll grab Ironclad here once it goes on a big discount, then I'll have another in addition to the 2 purchased copies on Steam and 2 copies on Humble...
Don't forget about juicy goodies here, as well as spare Spacechem key as a gift :-)
nvm
Post edited June 26, 2015 by budejovice
zeffyr: OK, I know that I'm repeating myself, but few screenshots include 'INVITE FRIEND' button - does this version support multiplayer or not? :-S
Unlikely. Not only does the game's page show only single-player as a supported mode, but the game's multiplayer requires Steamworks (hence why other DRM-Free versions were also without multiplayer). Since GOG isn't indicating Galaxy support anywhere for the game, it more than probably doesn't have multiplayer.
yyahoo: Too late for me. I already used the Deluxe key that I got in the Humble PC and Android 12 bundle to upgrade the vanilla version that I got in Humble Weekly Strategy...

zeffyr: Don't forget about juicy goodies here, as well as spare Spacechem key as a gift :-)
Well, the only thing I see offered on GOG that wasn't offered in the Humble Bundle is the Wallpaper. Humble has the soundtrack in MP3 and FLAC and both the Artbook and Papercraft. I'm quite certain I don't need any additional copies of Spacechem either. I've got a copies of it here on GOG, on Steam, and DRM-free on Humble. :)
zeffyr: OK, I know that I'm repeating myself, but few screenshots include 'INVITE FRIEND' button - does this version support multiplayer or not? :-S
Grargar: Unlikely. Not only does the game's page show only single-player as a supported mode, but the game's multiplayer requires Steamworks (hence why other DRM-Free versions were also without multiplayer). Since GOG isn't indicating Galaxy support anywhere for the game, it more than probably doesn't have multiplayer.
Beat me to it. I was going to say, if GOG isn't tooting the Galaxy horn for this release, then, yeah, no multi... I am a little surprised, though, that they didn't do so. This seems like the perfect opportunity for Galaxy implementation.
Post edited June 23, 2015 by yyahoo
Grargar: Unlikely. Not only does the game's page show only single-player as a supported mode, but the game's multiplayer requires Steamworks (hence why other DRM-Free versions were also without multiplayer). Since GOG isn't indicating Galaxy support anywhere for the game, it more than probably doesn't have multiplayer.
Yeah, as far as I can see in game (yeah, I just got the game, as I said, can't resist anything with a CCG flavor), it doesn't. There is no Skirmish option in the campaign, nor in the main menu.
LordCinnamon: Yeah, as far as I can see in game (yeah, I just got the game, as I said, can't resist anything with a CCG flavor), it doesn't. There is no Skirmish option in the campaign, nor in the main menu.
Thanks for the reply, all 3 of you :-)
LordCinnamon: Yeah, as far as I can see in game (yeah, I just got the game, as I said, can't resist anything with a CCG flavor), it doesn't. There is no Skirmish option in the campaign, nor in the main menu.
In the Humble DRM-free version, there was a line at the bottom of the Campaign screen that specifically stated: "Multiplayer is not available". I assume that is also true of GOG's version?

I've got pics attached in this post:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_pc_android_bundle_12/post26