It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a fast-paced retro-FPS roguelite where you become a member of a family of lore-hunting mystics. Into the Pit is now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
The game looks great, but I don't know if my eyes and brain could remain unharmed after being exposed to such color palette...
Based on reading the description, I feel like this game would be infinitely better if it were a hand-crafted campaign rather than random.
Looks like Ziggurat. Wishlisted for now.
mqstout: Based on reading the description, I feel like this game would be infinitely better if it were a hand-crafted campaign rather than random.
Translation - I would like this game more, if you had made a different game
Looks like a great coffee break game; Wishlisted in spite of it being a rogue'er as I'm not a fan of recycling gameplay, but you can keep some progression elements and there does seem to be player choice... I am grateful and overjoyed at the parity with steam releases of recent games!
Post edited October 19, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
Infuriating when these people sell their OST on amazon or some other streaming bs.
Swissy88: Infuriating when these people sell their OST on amazon or some other streaming bs.
With you one hundred percent. The only thing even more infuriating for me are soundtracks sold in a lossless format on other storefronts, but not on here, and soundtracks encoded in a lossless format, but transcoded from lossy formats. There are quite a few like that here.
Will Into the Pit get a demo on GOG?
Swissy88: Infuriating when these people sell their OST on amazon or some other streaming bs.
Love to know why they do this. Im fine with it being on Bandcamp AND Gog though (cant remember last time i used amazon for any music tbh)
This will make some people happy but i fell of the FPS bandwagon a few years ago (used to love them....)
Post edited October 20, 2021 by Niggles
mqstout: Based on reading the description, I feel like this game would be infinitely better if it were a hand-crafted campaign rather than random.
Yeah, when I saw the video, I was hoping it will be like Heretic/Hexen with well curated maps and well placed enemies.
Should look good on an OLED screen.
RedRagan: Yeah, when I saw the video, I was hoping it will be like Heretic/Hexen with well curated maps and well placed enemies.
Heretix/Hexen with hand-crafted maps, well-placed enemies, and a hub town that develops as you rescue people sounds great to me!
How? It's a wave based-kill room game :P

It's alright but get's a little repetitive after an hour or so. Visuals are canny though
It's strange the way roguelike games seem to be kind of stealth here on GOG. Like many others, it doesn't have Roguelike in its genre-tag, and "roguelike" isn't mentioned in its description. I once made a gogmix of Every Roguelike I Could Find, but that was then, and its gone and dated.
web.archive.org/web/20180618154031/https://www.gog.com/mix/every_roguelike_i_could_find

Also, regarding the description .... what is "short-paced levels" supposed to mean?

I like the lush visuals, but don't care much for unlocks in roguelikes. It feels like it goes against the entire point of the game.

The dual-weapon system makes me think of Risk of Rain 2, which I have yet to try.

There were also Lichdom Battlemage (not a roguelike) which I sadly has given up on trying to understand. It's one of those game that people either love or hate.

Shooters have never blended well with roguelikes, for some reason. They are mostly based on constant action and little else. Devils Daggers nailed it, though. I also really enjoyed Barony---it kind of give me a vision of how awesome it would be if someone made a 3D voxel version of Noita.
Post edited October 21, 2021 by KasperHviid