It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to plant ahead.

UPDATE: Want something extra to go with your potatoes? How about the game's official <span class="bold">Soundtrack</span>, which is now available separately in both mp3 and FLAC format?

<span class="bold">Holy Potatoes! We're in Space?!</span>, a quirky adventure in a galaxy full of uprooted vegetables and raw danger, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!

The chips are down: our two intrepid potatoes are out to conquer space! Once their ship is all upgraded and hard-boiled, the rotten galactic broccoli and foul space onions will stand no chance. Cook some epic adventures, served with turned-based combat and limitless exploration but keep an eye out for the thick-skinned bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ux_vnwjkHU
Post edited February 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
In case anyone is wondering about the Linux versions:

We working on getting them ASAP but, as of right now, there are some technical issues that need to be taken care of first :)
Post edited February 14, 2017 by JudasIscariot
Thank you for the heads up you Bastard :D
Waouch… totally forgot this was going to be released today…

How well my budget is crying, but bought this “Space Potatoes” & the “Weapon Potatoes” :)
Important notice: Despite the game describing itself as roguelike, there is no permadeath. The creators planned permadeath, but then decided against it, but may add it as a optional feature, maybe.
JudasIscariot: In case anyone is wondering about the Linux versions:

We working on getting them ASAP but, as of right now, there are some technical issues that need to be taken care of first :)
When they arrive this gets bought ;)
Looks like "FTL: Potato Edition" - does that mean it will run on consoles?
Yep, this will make my potato salad even spacier.
Ouch.
KasperHviid: Important notice: Despite the game describing itself as roguelike, there is no permadeath. The creators planned permadeath, but then decided against it, but may add it as a optional feature, maybe.
Outstanding info, as I fuckin' detest the idea of wasted effort!

This was the very thing that made this game a deal-breaker for me...Fuck perma-death, it would be great to add it as an option and not the rule though, as my opinion has nothing to do with others that love perma-death.
takezodunmer2005: Fuck perma-death, it would be great to add it as an option and not the rule though
Personally, I hate and despite when devs plays on both horses:

- They make a PC game, but it's also a console game, so it got mouse/keyboard input, but is really designed for Xbox controllers.
- They make it both a single player and a multiplayer game.
- They design for both screen based gameplay and VR.
- They add a saving system, but also hardcore/roguelike mode.

I wish the devs would just take a stand about their games foundation, instead of trying to cover everything.

With HPWIS, they decided to skip permadeath, most likely because it worked against the laid-back casual experience they were aiming for. Might be the right decision, too. As much as I love permadeath, some games are just better without.
takezodunmer2005: Fuck perma-death, it would be great to add it as an option and not the rule though
KasperHviid: Personally, I hate and despite when devs plays on both horses:

- They make a PC game, but it's also a console game, so it got mouse/keyboard input, but is really designed for Xbox controllers.
- They make it both a single player and a multiplayer game.
- They design for both screen based gameplay and VR.

- They add a saving system, but also hardcore/roguelike mode.
Agree with everything but rogue like/lite as I can't stand...I especially detest multiplayer, anti-custom keymaps, ultra-sensitive mouse acceleration (I now turn the mouse sensitivity all the way down for nearly every fuckin' game by default!) and fuckin' auto saving/checkpoints for fucks sake!...And WHY can't developers keep the save files/config in ONE place rather than hiding them all across my HDD!?

KasperHviid: I wish the devs would just take a stand about their games foundation, instead of trying to cover everything.

With HPWIS, they decided to skip permadeath, most likely because it worked against the laid-back casual experience they were aiming for. Might be the right decision, too. As much as I love permadeath, some games are just better without.
I don't mind if they try and cover all playing levels as you cannot maintain a videogame company when you only cater to a small niche demographic, (Such as developing different styles/genre to pay the bills and keep your company afloat/profitable so you CAN make the niche games that you want!) but at the same time you will lose relevance if you stray too far from your roots unless of course your roots are with candy crush, or barbie!

But yes, agreed there are genres that need perma-death such as old/new platformers, true rogues, and FPSs where you don't invest a lot of time gaining resources and character investment. (Unless you can maintain those assets upon death.IE rogue legacy)
Post edited February 15, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
Here's some cooking oil. Now please fly really close to the sun! I want some space chips.