It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
As someone who hasn't bought the game yet, I want to ask you to please actually do something about this and I am hoping this is not damage control/PR without any desire to fix it.

I do believe that GOG can find an acceptable solution and deal with it.
I hope GOG understands that if many people perceive GOG as just another DRM store, they might as well stay with Steam or whatever.
Being DRM-Free, truly DRM-Free, is the most important feature of this store for many of us. Please don't shoot yourself in the foot. You are better than this.
low rated
timppu: And yes, the state of Israel is a real thing too now.
samuraigaiden: Why is this getting downvoted?
Anti-Semites.
high rated
Hmm... As was pointed out DRM-free is not (anymore?) notable feature of GOG:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/core-business/#gog

Attached screenshot as of 2021-09-25.
Attachments:
Post edited September 25, 2021 by 6355
low rated
6355: Hmm... As was pointed out DRM is not (anymore?) notable feature of GOG:

Now that's extremely telling.
low rated
6355: Hmm... As was pointed out DRM-free is not (anymore?) notable feature of GOG:

wow that suck... but still:
https://www.gog.com/about_gog

"A selection of great DRM-free games, from modern hits to all-time classics, that you really shouldn't miss."
"Owning the things you buy
We don't believe in controlling you and your games. Here, you won't be locked out of titles you paid for, or constantly asked to prove you own them - this is DRM-free gaming."

and on the game page
"Why buy on GOG.COM?
DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play."

they should update the main gog website.
6355: Hmm... As was pointed out DRM-free is not (anymore?) notable feature of GOG:

Wow. Just wow.

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
"...in the coming weeks".

In other words, Soon™.
high rated
There is no point to GOG if the DRM-free stance comes into question.

richlind33: "...in the coming weeks".

In other words, Soon™.
I doubt this is going to be an easy change for IOI and/or GOG make. This is probably going to take time to write, re-code, make, and/or then have GOG approve of this all.

If they don't say already have offline switch, files, stuff hidden, etc all ready to go w/ a few "flips of the switch", more or less - then they (IO Interactive) are likely going to have to re-code the game; re-work the game; maybe unlock all of the content (so it might not need an online check for the progression stuff); emulation files or something just make some of the content work offline; and/or whatever else.

The problem these days: is a lot of stuff is built from the ground up to require the Internet and/or use online systems - so when these systems are required, they got to come up w/ something to keep these games working when players go offline. Or else, certain things ain't gonna work when offline.

I don't know, but have any modders reverse engineered all the online stuff (SP progression/extras in Story Mode; Elusive Target, Escalation, User-Made Content) yet?
Post edited September 25, 2021 by MysterD

In other words, Soon™.
MysterD: I doubt this is going to be an easy change for IOI and/or GOG make. This is probably going to take time to write, re-code, make, and/or then have GOG approve of this all.

If they don't say already have offline switch, files, stuff hidden, etc all ready to go w/ a few "flips of the switch", moreo r less - then they (IO Interactive) are likely going to have to re-code the game; re-work the game; maybe unlock all of the content (so it might not need an online check for the progression stuff; emulation files or something just make some of the content work offline; and/or whatever else.

The problem these days: is a lot of stuff is built from the ground up to require the Internet and/or use online systems - so when these systems are required, they got to come up w/ something to keep these games working when players go offline. Or else, certain things ain't gonna work when offline.

I don't know, but have any modders reverse engineered all the online stuff (SP progression/extras in Story Mode; Elusive Target, Escalation, User-Made Content) yet?
There's a mod out there used by users of the cracked version to unlock all the content from what I've heard/read.

It comes to something when the cracked version of a GOG version of the game is the only method to get a full DRM free version of the game :/

*Before anyone says say I'm telling people to pirate, far from it. I'm highlighting the state of things. GOG was the default of many, when you betray that they're forced to look elsewhere. Piracy/cracked has always been part of the DRM history before GOG and after GOG. This is a consumer issue!
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Linko64

In other words, Soon™.
MysterD: I doubt this is going to be an easy change for IOI and/or GOG make. This is probably going to take time to write, re-code, make, and/or then have GOG approve of this all.

If they don't say already have offline switch, files, stuff hidden, etc all ready to go w/ a few "flips of the switch", moreo r less - then they (IO Interactive) are likely going to have to re-code the game; re-work the game; maybe unlock all of the content (so it might not need an online check for the progression stuff; emulation files or something just make some of the content work offline; and/or whatever else.

IMO, the game page should be taken down until the issue is fixed.

I notice that the mention "DRM free" has disappeared
Well, I think it's becoming clearer and clearer what GOG will do

Edit > Ah, I see it has already been mentioned
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Ganyse
Ganyse: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/core-business/#gog

Was it there before?
Ganyse: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/core-business/#gog

pkk234: Was it there before?
Valid question. I would be interested in a reply to this as well.
low rated
pkk234: Was it there before?
https://web.archive.org/web/20170417134433/https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/core-business/

I think that page was born not drm-free in 2017, but since Gwent was also not drm-free I think it started there (or maybe it was even before when they released the "optional" client, by the way they said it was optional in 2017 now they don't say that anymore on the same page.