It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
tomorrow. I'll wait just tomorrow to actually join. I still want to believe it can be fixed by tomorrow by removing this shit.
Well GOG updated the store page with the notification:
"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline. "

So I doubt the game is going to be "fixed" any time soon.
apehater: that offline mod in hitman 3 seems not be be good at all
Gersen: Unless I miss something this thread talks about the vanilla release and doesn't mention the fan made mod.
i see it now, nevermind, i did confuse mode with mod
GamezRanker: ...
apehater: i guess they did it because of the many, many bad reviews
GamezRanker: So you'd say, then, that they came from a multitude of game playing individuals? ;)
not sure, could be
Abedsbrother: Well GOG updated the store page with the notification:
"Please note: Internet connection is required to access Escalation missions, Elusive Targets or user-created Contracts. Story and bonus missions can be played offline. "

i remember that this note was in the game description from the beginning, just not as visible as now. thats gogs workaround for drm 2021 edition
Post edited September 23, 2021 by apehater
Screamshield: IOI probably thought they could just pass this off under the rug and just take in pure profit without fixing the game for GOG and nobody would notice.
ReynardFox: And yet the comment by the blue in this thread made it clear that GOG was already aware of the online requirements...
I wouldn't take blue comments from community managers as gospel if i were you. They are not the people responsible for what goes on the store and the condition of the product. Hopefully this results either in lowering the games price because of lost DRM free functionality or a fix is done from IOI(i have zero faith in IOI doing anything since they seem pretty invested into turning their new games into DRM infested platforms). I personally would recommend people get the older fully DRM free Hitman games or even get ECHO. There are publishers and developers that actually care about GOG. Larian is one example, they added their early access for Baldur's Gate 3 to GOG after it was initially only on Steam. That's why i love them and buy all their games, good games on a good platform.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Screamshield
high rated

To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be fixed. Streets of Rage 4 was missing it's multiplayer completely at launch on GOG without any note. After many complained, they added a note and i thought they would just ignore everything further. A few months later, full multiplayer support was added, so complaining DID help and a note on the storepage of a game might not just be a workaround for a poor product.
low rated
Syphon72: This is why GOG needs DRM free competitor. The only store showing some promise is Zoom Platform, but who knows how they will turn out in the future.
Well, like with many companies there is a chance they might falter given enough time....but for now they seem to be holding much more to the DRM-free standard than GOG is at the moment.

Syphon72: The DRM team probably gets paid really well. haha
Do they get paid in battle net credits or origin points? o.0 ;D

====

LiefLayer: tomorrow. I'll wait just tomorrow to actually join. I still want to believe it can be fixed by tomorrow by removing this shit.
And i'll be here waiting for my GOGnicorn to arrive:
Attachments:
unicornz.png (292 Kb)
Post edited September 23, 2021 by GamezRanker

InSaintMonoxide: To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be fixed. Streets of Rage 4 was missing it's multiplayer completely at launch on GOG without any note. After many complained, they added a note and i thought they would just ignore everything further. A few months later, full multiplayer support was added, so complaining DID help and a note on the storepage of a game might not just be a workaround for a poor product.
Hopefully this is the case. Time to chillax and play some other games. By the way people should really play ECHO... i'm just saying...
GamezRanker: And i'll be here waiting for my GOGnicorn to arrive:
I don't know where you find it but that's amazing fun!
This whole situation is making me more and more worried.
I doubt that IOI can give us eg. Server Emulator DLC, or whatever, which would allow us to keep progress on localhost.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by erbello
low rated
LiefLayer: I don't know where you find it but that's amazing fun!
Didn't you hear? In typical fashion, GOG had the 'brilliant' idea to send such memes to everyone with a card that says "sorry" in lieu of actually getting Hitman GOTY fixed. ;D

I joke.....I found it on the bot hive that is google. :)
(also it fits perfectly with the current situation as well, seeing as GOG seems to think this game is DRM free and all)
Post edited September 23, 2021 by GamezRanker
Syphon72: This is why GOG needs DRM free competitor. The only store showing some promise is Zoom Platform, but who knows how they will turn out in the future.
GamezRanker: Well, like with many companies there is a chance they might falter given enough time....but for now they seem to be holding much more to the DRM-free standard than GOG is at the moment.

Syphon72: The DRM team probably gets paid really well. haha
GamezRanker: Do they get paid in battle net credits or origin points? o.0 ;D

====

LiefLayer: tomorrow. I'll wait just tomorrow to actually join. I still want to believe it can be fixed by tomorrow by removing this shit.
GamezRanker: And i'll be here waiting for my GOGnicorn to arrive:
Dose Zoom talk about being a DRM free store? I have never seen anything saying it. So they could turn full DRM one day. GOG knows they can't go full DRM, because that's their main selling point.

I don't think GOG will stop selling DRM free games, but this is bull selling games with single player content lock behind online DRM.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by Syphon72
InSaintMonoxide: To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be fixed. Streets of Rage 4 was missing it's multiplayer completely at launch on GOG without any note. After many complained, they added a note and i thought they would just ignore everything further. A few months later, full multiplayer support was added, so complaining DID help and a note on the storepage of a game might not just be a workaround for a poor product.
Screamshield: Hopefully this is the case. Time to chillax and play some other games. By the way people should really play ECHO... i'm just saying...
ECHO is awesome. It's criminal how that game was ignored.
low rated
LiefLayer: I don't know where you find it but that's amazing fun!
GamezRanker: Didn't you hear? In typical fashion, GOG is sending such memes to everyone with a card that says "sorry" in lieu of actually getting Hitman GOTY fixed.

I joke.....I found it on the bot hive that is google. :)
(also it fits perfectly with the current situation as well, seeing as GOG seems to think this game is DRM free and all)
Technically the game sold is DRM free but it is missing functionality compared to the DMR version due to parts of the original game being linked with the online IOI servers. So unless you're here just to troll, you should try and be factually correct. I know that some people are here just to spam and be toxic but i personally would rather be productive and get the best outcome possible. Hopefully IOI or GOG comes up with a solution for this so i can buy a fully DRM free Hitman in a few months for Christmas.
I don't think it would be possible to make a change to how the online stuff works with some major rework, which the are not going to do because time=money.

That being said, it is more criminal that they want $60 for the game :\
low rated
Syphon72: The thing is dose Zoom never talk's about being a DRM free store? I have never seen anything saying it like GOG. So they could turn full DRM one day.
Clip very much related
(the point is, guarantees mean next to nothing)

And yes, Zoom platform's games are DRM free.....our resident zoom staffer Link0 has more or less said that several times over by this point, and I myself can verify my purchases are DRM-free(they come in offline installers).