It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
chandra: Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog
Ecumen1cal: After two weeks i was hoping for a patch not removal.
You are responsible for your own unrealistic expectations. Yes, GOG should have pulled the game sooner than this, but 2 weeks is not enough time to patch server side stuff into an offline build. IOI might not have even decided if they're going to patch it yet let alone done the actual work.
GOG - you have regained some of my respect for you, but not my trust, yet. It will take a lot of time and your continuous effort. I hope you have a real intention to do that.

That said, thank you for your work so far.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by Kerebron
high rated
chandra: We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.
Awesome!
Such releases earn a bad rep for a DRM-free store in the long run.
Publisher has all the source code of the game, they can do anything with it. If they don't want to make a DRM-free release - so be it.

PS: mark GOG Community wishlist entry "Remove Hitman" as completed.
high rated
chandra: Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Thank you for the update. Removing the game because it does not meet GOG's DRM-free standards is the reasonable choice in this situation. With that said, I would like to see it eventually come back in a truly DRM-free form. So best of luck to you and IOI in getting the game in a DRM-free state so it can return to the store.
high rated
When it comes to waiting time for updates, while we understand you wanted to get them as fast as possible, we had to take the necessary time to investigate this matter thoroughly. At the same time, we hope to have reaffirmed you that we'll let you know as soon as we have updates, which we did today.
chandra: We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

Thank you Chandra/GOG.

chandra: When it comes to waiting time for updates, while we understand you wanted to get them as fast as possible, we had to take the necessary time to investigate this matter thoroughly. At the same time, we hope to have reaffirmed you that we'll let you know as soon as we have updates, which we did today.
Really, thank you and the team for the honesty and hard work.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by .Keys
This feels more like damage control to me, especially after the initial 'review bombing' mod claim. The entire content of that mod post came off as condescending & arrogant towards any gog customer that might actually expect them to stick to their principles they've advertised so heavily.

For me this is just yet another case where gog wanted to see if they could get away with something, had a bigger backlash than they were anticipating and so backpeddled & tried to act innocent (all of this has been a running theme on gog in the last few years.)

Maybe some people will be fooled into thinking gog's repeated 'pooh sorry guys we didn't know' spiel is genuine but I'll just wait apprehensively to see what they try to sneak in next now.

Edit: there's a typo in there but I had to leave it in when I saw it (thanks phone autocorrect).
Post edited October 08, 2021 by serpantino
high rated
chandra: Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog
Thank you GOG for taking steps to build back the trust.

Good, thank you. I really hope to see it return in a state that can be considered DRM-free
Put it out there and look at the reactions. If the plebs don't buy it and get agitated, find a way for retraction. Boring routine.
Not as bad as lying about the PS4 version of CP2077, but this company sure has a trend going on.
high rated
chandra: Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

Thank you, I applaud this decision!

I really hope you guys figure out a true DRM-free situation with the majority of the game "intact"! ("Hitman GOTY: Off The Grid Edition", "Taken Offline; Unseen Edition; etc." or something) I'd like to think that would sell very well.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by tfishell
high rated
Thank you, that was the right thing to do.

Thank you, GOG!
high rated
Thank you Chandra / GOG. Probably the right decision. I'm sure some people will be disappointed but it's probably best to write off trying to make such semi "Games As A Service" work offline, and refocus on the games GOG does best.
high rated
Took long enough, but at least GOG took action. Guess things were heating up too much for them here, as well as on social media. Going along with the bad press, it was something that they could no longer ignore. Finally a step in the right direction. Now, if GOG actually keeps communication with the community going, things might actually improve around here.