It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
I think this deserves a thread of its own, including the three English links, as the list is bound to increase in size.

In memory of your good old days, you could call the thread: "News websites that treat GOG as a second class DRM store".
high rated
fronzelneekburm: ITZ international news now!
Grargar: So, it took a barrage of negative reviews to catch the attention of various news sites and not the questionable act itself. Oh well...
Yes! And that's why nobody should ever listen to the self defeating dummies who criticize people for "making a fuss" and suggest they should just "vote with the wallet".

Not buying something does nothing. Making a fuss can sometimes be enough to ignite change.
KentGAllard: Agent 47 is such a deadly assassin he even managed to kill what was left of GOG's principles and integrity.
Linko64: This joke is probably the only good thing to come out of this
I would say the biggest jokes of this thread are the prepared statements from the blues. But those are neither good or even funny for that matter...
high rated
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/hitman-is-now-on-gog-but-getting-slammed-for-its-lack-of-offline-features
high rated
Lifthrasil:
Congratulations. You're famous.

Penultimate paragraph:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/hitman-is-now-on-gog-but-getting-slammed-for-its-lack-of-offline-features
Lifthrasil:
mrkgnao: Congratulations. You're famous.

Penultimate paragraph:
I wonder whether opening up the article with "Good News!™" was intentional or not... I'm guessing the latter, but it's a nice touch!
low rated
fronzelneekburm: I wonder whether opening up the article with "Good News!™" was intentional or not... I'm guessing the latter, but it's a nice touch!
I thought it was intentional. The guy seems too knowledgeable for an uninvolved journalist.
Just a stupid idea I had.
Attachments:
Post edited September 26, 2021 by trusteft
i wonder if 47 became bald, right after he saw the state in which gog released hitman 2016 goty?
I can't imagine having Hitman GOTY is lining GOG's pocketbooks. Everyone could have bought it elsewhere a long time ago. Yet they foolishly threw away their reputation (and customers) over the game.

So why did GOG do it? I really don't get it.
thuey: I can't imagine having Hitman GOTY is lining GOG's pocketbooks. Everyone could have bought it elsewhere a long time ago. Yet they foolishly threw away their reputation (and customers) over the game.

I think it comes down to management being incompetent. Just look at all of the blunders they've made in the last few years.

edit- fixed some grammar
Post edited September 26, 2021 by mm324
low rated
a theory..

maybe GOG got's hacked and these hackers uploaded malicious content and spreading nonsense to their website just to damage GOG's reputation?

so it is safer not to download something or making any payments here at the moment.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Gognarok
high rated
thuey: I can't imagine having Hitman GOTY is lining GOG's pocketbooks. Everyone could have bought it elsewhere a long time ago. Yet they foolishly threw away their reputation (and customers) over the game.

Because it isn't just about this one game, it is about the precedent. This is the logical flaw many people seem to be making. If GOG can get away with pushing the boundaries of 'DRM-free' with this game, then it will open the door to many more similar examples, which combined, may add up to a sizeable amount of revenue for GOG.

This is why it is very important that GOG's customer base does not let them get away with it.

(the people in charge of the store don't place any value on their DRM-free reputation, because it doesn't appear on their balance sheet. Also, they think their customers are mindless sheep that will gobble up anything, given that is how they treat us. However, I suspect they are seriously wrong on that point.)
6355: Hmm... As was pointed out DRM-free is not (anymore?) notable feature of GOG:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/core-business/#gog

Attached screenshot as of 2021-09-25.
Starsmine: DRM has NEVER been mentioned on that page before
Dont spread misinformation dude.
I never told that, please, read carefully. The word "anymore" has question mark next to it.
My question was: why any game page (well, almost, see below), including those dreaded Hitman release, has exactly these keypoints: "Why buy on GOG.COM? DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play. Safety and satisfaction. Stellar support 24/7 and full refunds up to 30 days. ", but one of these just two magically lost here?

Starsmine: The issue I had was 6355 was trying to imply GOG is going away from DRM free with FALSE EVIDENCE.
OK, just one answer, just to clarify, but not to feed.

CD PROJEKT RED - is a parent company for GOG store.

Every store game page (well, almost, see below) reads: no DRM. To customers.

Presentation site of parent company say about their GOG store much, but no word about DRM. To business partners, I guess.

I don't imply, I just look at fact, that at business level we see the very different priorities. And, for the Lord, it's not evidence, it's just the fact. Everyone could make it evidence, though. Or not. True or false one. With screams, or silently.

mrkgnao: because of Gwent.
Hmm, GWENT page does not have those "Why buy on GOG.COM" banner, so no word about DRM. [But I see no problem here, as the game is: a) complement to universe, and b) free.]
Post edited September 26, 2021 by 6355
low rated
Gognarok: a theory..

maybe GOG got's hacked and these hackers uploaded malicious content and spreading nonsense to their website just to damage GOG's reputation?

so it is safer not to download something or making any payments here at the moment.
Not sure if this falls into the denial-phase or the bargaining-phase of the Kübler-Ross model. ;-P