It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Id also like to put my two cents in, what happens when the servers eventually shutdown? Will my access to progression or 100% the game stop when the servers are gone? This makes the game have a ticking time bomb that explodes whenever the servers stop being hosted. Who knows, they might go bankrupt, the new owners might not turn the servers on again, we just want to be able to play this game with unrestricted access. Please.
high rated
Grargar: People in the comments are debating about whether this is DRM or not. :D
TheDudeLebowski: It may not be traditional DRM, i.e. checking for ownership of the license.
Which does not matter at all since GOG themselves used the following definition:

"DRM FREE. No activation or online connection required to play. "

So the true question here is how to define "play".

JamesB26769: Id also like to put my two cents in, what happens when the servers eventually shutdown? Will my access to progression or 100% the game stop when the servers are gone? This makes the game have a ticking time bomb that explodes whenever the servers stop being hosted. Who knows, they might go bankrupt, the new owners might not turn the servers on again, we just want to be able to play this game with unrestricted access. Please.
That's exactly the case and that's also the reason why "always online" is non acceptable.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by MarkoH01
high rated
Agent 47 is such a deadly assassin he even managed to kill what was left of GOG's principles and integrity.
low rated
MysterD: Looks like Eurogamer has picked-up on the whole Hitman 1: GOTY - GOG Version saga:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-25-hitman-gog-release-sparks-drm-row-review-bombing-accusation
Perfect! As more press happen GOG will be forced to give a real solution instead of simply ignoring/postponing/giving 1/12 solutions.
Thank you MysterD!
Wait! What?

"What's particularly strange, however, is that versions of the game on other storefronts have added offline support -- a feature that doesn't appear to be available over at GOG."

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/hitman-update-adds-offline-support-for-unlocks-and-more
Kotaku is now also reporting about this:

https://kotaku.com/hitman-comes-to-gog-and-gets-review-bombed-due-to-onlin-1847745807
Sweet! The snowball is rolling & growing: GOG needs to stop it as soon as possible
I take this opportunity to thank all your legwork behind the scenes!
I have no doubt of your dedication without any merit received as many other gogers that have built this great community.
Thank you EnforcerSunWoo!
high rated
Good, they covered the relevant points fairly. I'm glad the situation is being reported, and not misrepresented as just some grognards review bombing to be trolls. Although I would still dispute if the term "review bombing" applies at all.
Post edited September 25, 2021 by Breja
GOG staff during weekend
Post edited September 25, 2021 by russellskanne
high rated
Very disappointing to hear that GOG response was just "we will not tolerate review bombing".
low rated
MarkoH01: Wait! What?

"What's particularly strange, however, is that versions of the game on other storefronts have added offline support -- a feature that doesn't appear to be available over at GOG."

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/hitman-update-adds-offline-support-for-unlocks-and-more
Yeah, I caught that when I read the article. Doesn't make too much sense considering. At least GOG can say that they got an exclusive version of the game this way.
konatari: Very disappointing to hear that GOG response was just "we will not tolerate review bombing".
Yup, especially when the bad reviews are more than justified
high rated
lolplatypus: Right, but if their stance on DRM has changed that much and they're the arbiter of what constitutes the "core singleplayer experience", how do I know existing content for games in my library won't be tied to an online check or removed outright in an update?
You don't, and that's a real shame. I think GOG creating an atmosphere where people have to check the forum first to make sure something is 100% DRM free is bad for their business in the long run. As people have said many times here, DRM free is their unique selling point. Lose that and you become another Steam like store that fades from existence very quickly.

They've tried other things to make them unique, like the "all in one client" thing, that haven't amounted to much. DRM free is what they've got.
low rated
MarkoH01: Wait. mods did delete your post (or worse: multiple)? Please tell me that I misunderstood you.
Oh, look at the post count following Chandra's post. It goes from 728 to 1002.
MarkoH01: Wait. mods did delete your post (or worse: multiple)? Please tell me that I misunderstood you.
Darvond: Oh, look at the post count following Chandra's post. It goes from 728 to 1002.
That's because it's stickied.