It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's turn the page.

Visual Novels have arrived on GOG.com! Our first selection includes acclaimed games, revered for their intricate artwork and stimulating stories, up to 66% off until May 29, 1pm UTC.

Higurashi When They Cry Chapters 1-5 (25% off): Spawning a popular anime and manga series, Higurashi is a "sound novel", where meticulously designed audio plays a crucial part in these unique stories. Chapters 1-5 are available today, with Chapter 6 slated for release in the near future.

fault (50% off): Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of pulp sci-fi and a dash of fantasy to weave a powerful cinematic story about the human condition. These two episodes of the ongoing series star the perky princess Selphine and her sarcastic guardian Ritona, as they desperately try to make their way back to their homeland.

Sunrider series (66% off): An alternate universe, intergalactic strife, mech combat, high school, and love all around. Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius (free!), Liberation Day, and Sunrider Academy are a beloved and unique mix of strategy, romance, and visual novel. De-censor patch optional, but come on.

eden* (66% off): Stock up on tissues. This critically-acclaimed love story on a dying planet is a real tear-jerker told with stunning cinematic flair. Humanity is about to be wiped out by a red star but this story is destined to stick around for much longer.
I'm glad that these are here.

Now if only I had actually heard of any of these.
Achievements!!!
Has everyone met darthspudius? The only man in the history of human kind who has evidently never jerked off. :P

What an achievement.
high rated
This is really good news.

And I'm delighted to see that most of them also come with a Mac & Linux version.

GOG is on the right track!
liamphoenix: Maybe a new category, rather than listing them with the games, for VNs and actual books (novels, comics, manga, gaming books) separate from the games and movies would be better for you?
I'd have absolutely nothing against that, I'd actually love the idea
liamphoenix: Not currently free, always free, that's kinda like the intro to the series so you might buy the other two.
I need to try the first game before considering buying the others. I'm not a huge fan of VN, but it's good to see that GOG is open to gaming diversity.
Enebias: they stroke hard
badon: Uh, I think you mean "struck hard".
Both work in this case. :P
low rated
Is this because Valve removed a whole bunch of suggestive VN's from their network. As annoying as it that these products have very young looking girls is suggestive situations the most annoying thing is that fact that their NOT GAMES! Why are they here? The guys at gog can sell what they want I guess but I do wish there was a way I could add all none games to some kind of block list. That way I can at least pretend I'm looking at an online game shop.
Great news, GOG! Thank you!
liamphoenix: Maybe a new category, rather than listing them with the games, for VNs and actual books (novels, comics, manga, gaming books) separate from the games and movies would be better for you?
This would be a good idea. Come on GOG, it's good business strategy to make it easier for your customers to find what they're looking for (or avoid what they don't want).
liamphoenix: Not currently free, always free, that's kinda like the intro to the series so you might buy the other two.
MaxFulvus: I need to try the first game before considering buying the others. I'm not a huge fan of VN, but it's good to see that GOG is open to gaming diversity.
Well, as a warning, that's the worst one in the series...

For a first VN I'd say something like WEE is a good place to start. It's a good story, written by the same guy as Spice & Wolf, but it's still just like a digital manga and a better intro would probably be a hybrid VN that has some gameplay to it rather than just reading...

Or at least some more choice, like a Lone Wolf or Fighting Fantasy title, rather than just a bunch of clicking to advance the pages without any real choices being made.
Well time for all you GOG bring us VN's please guys(or gals or helicopters or beholderkin) to put your money where your mouth is, you wanted them now buy them or don't complain when there's no more VNs being added.
Visual novel fans keep telling me they aren't just excuses for softcore.

This selection is not bearing that out.
high rated
I'm glad GOG is making the move to release visual novels. Makes a it a possibility we will get a release of Cold Hearts on GOG sometime in the future (once it is fully released). :D
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cold_hearts
Lucian_Galca: It's a "waifu" overload on gog today. :P

It will be interesting to see how well these do on gog sales wise with the whole Steam and VN thing going on.

Seeing as how we just got a bunch of visual novels/dating sims, I have a request, and that's Dream Daddy. Vote below...

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/dream_daddy
I voted it for you. I've been aware of it, and it would be cool to have it here! :)