It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let's turn the page.

Visual Novels have arrived on GOG.com! Our first selection includes acclaimed games, revered for their intricate artwork and stimulating stories, up to 66% off until May 29, 1pm UTC.

Higurashi When They Cry Chapters 1-5 (25% off): Spawning a popular anime and manga series, Higurashi is a "sound novel", where meticulously designed audio plays a crucial part in these unique stories. Chapters 1-5 are available today, with Chapter 6 slated for release in the near future.

fault (50% off): Sometimes it takes a healthy dose of pulp sci-fi and a dash of fantasy to weave a powerful cinematic story about the human condition. These two episodes of the ongoing series star the perky princess Selphine and her sarcastic guardian Ritona, as they desperately try to make their way back to their homeland.

Sunrider series (66% off): An alternate universe, intergalactic strife, mech combat, high school, and love all around. Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius (free!), Liberation Day, and Sunrider Academy are a beloved and unique mix of strategy, romance, and visual novel. De-censor patch optional, but come on.

eden* (66% off): Stock up on tissues. This critically-acclaimed love story on a dying planet is a real tear-jerker told with stunning cinematic flair. Humanity is about to be wiped out by a red star but this story is destined to stick around for much longer.
Gnostic: It is just a resource problem.

When you can gain happiness for cheap in frictional characters, you will look at the cost in resource real life characters extract in exchange for some happiness and wonder, is it worth it?

Real life characters don't like their resource diminished so they like to make your access to cheap happiness as hard as possible. Eliminate the competition so you can only turn to expensive happiness.
kohlrak: So, what we're really saying is, real men and women have to silence virtual men and women, because they can't compete, either because the virtual people or unrealistic, or the real people are equally shallow, but cost more.
You are in the United States right, well US has reach Japan level of herbivore men. 70% of marriageable age men are not married.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
Think the price of higurashi ch1 was worth it especially since it was on sale. Think i needed 15 hours to read it through, mostly because i added some voice and graphic patches to the game to make it better. At least i could support the
creation that created the great anime. Bought all 5 chapters though.
Also heard something that chapter 6 should be released soon.
kohlrak: So, what we're really saying is, real men and women have to silence virtual men and women, because they can't compete, either because the virtual people or unrealistic, or the real people are equally shallow, but cost more.
Gnostic: You are in the United States right, well US has reach Japan level of herbivore men. 70% of marriageable age men are not married.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
Have you seen divorce court in america? It's all about "equality," so, in turn, since the laws aren't equal, we now are switching roles, from men propose to women disposing, to women proposing and men disposing. Apparently, the women complaining about gender roles being archaic seem to like certain roles and refuse to give them to men. Worse yet, the silent majority of women who have no interest in these rights (notice, they don't practice them) are also caught in the crossfire. Why marry a woman if you'll end up paying child support for the baby she got pregnant with when she was having an affair on you, especially because she took the car, the house, the dog, etc, then, after all that, divided the rest in half, including your pension, but not hers? The reproductive strategy of men right now is to either MGTOW, or, more commonly, run around casually screwing as many women as possible and run when she comes looking for the daddy. This is evidenced by the high rate of single moms in the US: i'm willing to bet most of them weren't pregnant in their teens, like everyone wants it to sound.

EDIT: And that's ignoring "progressive credentialism" which keeps the group of focus from being able to hold full-time jobs at a reasonable wage (and no, i'm not advocating minimum wage increase, as that would only add to the problem).
Post edited May 29, 2018 by kohlrak
Gilozard: Visual novel fans keep telling me they aren't just excuses for softcore.

This selection is not bearing that out.
Higurashi? That's one of the most notable mystery/horror Visual Novels of all time right next to Umineko (also from the same author). Those DEFINITELY are not "softcore" titles.
Sadly Higurashi seems to be the same "meh" version as on Steam - not voiced and with not that great new sprites, compred to much better ones from console release, and with bad music with clipping issues - so they'll require gigabytes of patches to get into proper form...
Could the guys discussing about divorce and stuff please take it elsewhere? This thread is to talk about the VNs that released last week and the possibilities that opens.

WhiteSpirit: Sadly Higurashi seems to be the same "meh" version as on Steam - not voiced and with not that great new sprites, compred to much better ones from console release, and with bad music with clipping issues - so they'll require gigabytes of patches to get into proper form...
Maybe we could contact Manga Gamer and tell them about these issues?
Post edited May 30, 2018 by .Bach
WhiteSpirit: Sadly Higurashi seems to be the same "meh" version as on Steam - not voiced and with not that great new sprites, compred to much better ones from console release, and with bad music with clipping issues - so they'll require gigabytes of patches to get into proper form...
Given their last release of this series, I'm just happy we have the original music at all, even if it's the version with clipping. If I never need to hear this song again, I will be more than happy. IIRC, Mangagamer doesn't have the money/ability to release it with the PS3 sprites and voices due to them being done by the company who ported the console versions, so mods are probably the best we can do there.
.Bach: Could the guys discussing about divorce and stuff please take it elsewhere? This thread is to talk about the VNs that released last week and the possibilities that opens.

WhiteSpirit:
.Bach:
Welcome to the GOG forum. :P
Been sitting here watching a Sunrider Academy Let's Play for the last few hours.

Only to discover that they added voices after the Let's Play was done.

*sigh*
Higurashi Chapter 6 is on Steam but not GOG.

Also, VNs in general have suddenly stopped coming to GOG almost immediately after this release happened. (And we also still have nothing from Umineko.)
Post edited June 15, 2018 by jcoa
jcoa: Higurashi Chapter 6 is on Steam but not GOG.

Also, VNs in general have suddenly stopped coming to GOG almost immediately after this release happened. (And we also still have nothing from Umineko.)
Only a slight delay for GOG, Chapter 6 showed up here not long after Steam, probably due to GOG having a habit of actually testing things before rolling them out.
low rated
thefallenalchemist: I do believe that The House In Fata Morgana will appear, which is a phenomenal release, so I'm being patient as the sequel is about to appear as well.

I really think the Rance 5D/Rance VI combo should appear here along with Sengoku and Rance Quest, but how in the hell does one censor Rance? The sex is important to the story, and even rape scenes are a major part of story scenes. That's just the kind of character that Rance is, an asshole who can't keep it in his pants - but it is done in such a comical way in some cases that I never saw an issue. Especially for a thirty year old franchise.

And gameplay elements? These are games in the truest sense. You will grind and level up skills and characters in some very interesting ways. The music is also very good in these games. It's one of those things where the atmosphere is generally fun and exciting, but the social justice types would never get over the "OMG rape!" factor.
Yes, what could possibly be wrong with a series in which the game repeatedly has the protagonist rape women?
PoppyAppletree: Yes, what could possibly be wrong with a series in which the game repeatedly has the protagonist rape women?
Suzume appears! Nin-nin! All of your arguments, past, present, and future, are now invalid for the rest of your life and the first half of your next.
PoppyAppletree: Yes, what could possibly be wrong with a series in which the game repeatedly has the protagonist rape women?
ArachnosX: Suzume appears! Nin-nin! All of your arguments, past, present, and future, are now invalid for the rest of your life and the first half of your next.
Is that the Brock Turner seal of approval?
jcoa: Higurashi Chapter 6 is on Steam but not GOG.

Like I told everyone it was just a way to get some traction and for manga gamer to offload crap to us. they will never bring all there good stuff here, only the basic vn's that was kickstartered or was DRM free from the start. I wish we got Da Capo and Stiens gate with hoshino memoria wish apon a shooting star....