It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hedon is now available DRM-free. Get it 25% off until November 6th, 2pm UTC.

Update: Those of you who already own Hedon on Steam, can now redeem DRM-free copy via GOG Connect</span>. Offer is valid until November 12th, 2pm UTC.

Hedon is an experimental mix of classic and modern action game design running on the GZDoom Engine and bearing bits of inspiration from titles such as Hexen, Unreal or Arx Fatalis.
I first saw this on Mod DB a year ago. Good for you, hope it all works out.
Thanks. Will have a look into the changelog later. :)

Zan_HedonDev: - I might work on a general update after I'm completely done with Hedon and work on destructible items but until then I honestly think it's an overrated feature that's decades away from being novelty and there's just other more important stuff to invest development time into, such as the next episode.
Well, destructible environment is just one example. Doesn't need to be a senseless, unused feature just for it's own sake! No, but woven in the levels stuff LIKE:

- blockings doors for example with movable objects to overcome obstacles
- said turret repair by sacrificing shield crystals (they are close to useless, as whenever you really need support the are destroyed within seconds, and numbers are too low as support for less tense fights)
- the potion ammo "explosion barrel" use for trapping

and many other ideas, could really add interesting gameplay twists! Also it gets the gameplay bound deeper to the setting/lore, for example as your ingame texts mention quite a few times that the turret guns are powered by those energy crystals. Stuff like that can nicely bring background infirmations to life and add depth!

best regards
Game's live on Connect currently.

(to put this in context better - when I posted this reply, GOG hadn't updated their original post or the thread title and even after they did, they appear to have slipped a busted URL into it because... well...)
Post edited November 05, 2019 by TheMonkofDestiny
<EDIT: Never Mind it's taken care of>
Post edited November 05, 2019 by staredcraft
staredcraft: It says it doesn't register the game at all.
Play the game through Steam for a few minutes then try refreshing your account on the Connect page to see if it fixes itself.
Having posted in this thread before but was still unsure I decided to buy the game, though I havent played it yet because right now when it comes to FPS games I'm playing Brutal Doom and Guncaster right now. But Hedon comes tonight!

The dev is pretty active on here, which is a really huge plus. So nice to see devs actually caring for this small community and not just "the big one" if you get what I mean.

A question though, It would be great if we could add more levels through a map editor. I love making Doom maps for myself just for fun, is this possible with this game as well?
Yup, generally i have no interest in old school FPS But the developer is pretty active and it got gmanlives seal of approval makes me wanna get the game.
high rated
Zan_HedonDev: I talked to them about it, apparently I've missed out on an invitation to the dev portal. I'll hopefully sort this out soon.
I also set up GOG Connect, it will be up tomorrow and last for a week if people want to take advantage of it.
tfishell: Interesting. Can you tell us what options the Dev Portal has or are you supposed to keep that a secret/NDA?
The usual stuff, I've uploaded the builds and set them to publish but I think GOG needs to approve them first. Currently Hedon is still at 1.5.0 in the store, and the new version is 1.5.1.
edit: Okay, it updated, all good.

Dray2k: A question though, It would be great if we could add more levels through a map editor. I love making Doom maps for myself just for fun, is this possible with this game as well?
Yes, I'm trying to keep it compatible with Doom stuff, and hopefully one day I will also release a Hedon gameplay mod for Doom.
If you're interested in mapping for it feel free to join the Discord server. You're not the only one who took interest in this, so you can chat about it with us if you wish.

wormholewizards: Yup, generally i have no interest in old school FPS But the developer is pretty active and it got gmanlives seal of approval makes me wanna get the game.
Hedon's not that much of a cookie cutter retro shooter due to the puzzle/exploration nature of the level design which turns it to a slower pace overall, I suggest you go over the Steam reviews first if it's not your thing, specifically the negative ones.
Post edited November 05, 2019 by Zan_HedonDev
Thanks for agreeing (or... just putting it there yourself) to put the game on Connect, Zan.
high rated
TheMonkofDestiny: Thanks for agreeing (or... just putting it there yourself) to put the game on Connect, Zan.
No problem, hopefully the 1.5.1 hotfix patch will be up too with the Linux fix and a few other bits.
Oh well, that must be the first FPS game in which I got myself killed before meeting any enemy ;)

Great to have linux support, by the way! I have only tested the free version so far but will buy the game soon.
Zan_HedonDev:
Is there supposed to be a HUD at the bottom like with Doom? It said you can see the key down there but uh... I can only see items, O2 etc. when I press the map button twice. So not visible normally.
Post edited November 06, 2019 by omega64
Many thanks for putting this on Connect :)
Zan_HedonDev:
omega64: Is there supposed to be a HUD at the bottom like with Doom? It said you can see the key down there but uh... I can only see items, O2 etc. when I press the map button twice. So not visible normally.
Can you send me a screenshot? I assume you're using a 4K display or higher?
omega64: Is there supposed to be a HUD at the bottom like with Doom? It said you can see the key down there but uh... I can only see items, O2 etc. when I press the map button twice. So not visible normally.
Zan_HedonDev: Can you send me a screenshot? I assume you're using a 4K display or higher?
1440p, screenshot included

There
https://imgur.com/a/JyUiGdx
Post edited November 06, 2019 by omega64