It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Where liberty costs an arm and a leg.

<span class="bold">Hard West: Scars of Freedom</span>, the organ-swapping story set in the spooky, turn-based Weird West, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com. You can also pick up the base game with a 30% launch discount.

Is death a fair price to pay for a taste of freedom? How about a pound of flesh? Libertee, a former slave who got gravely injured while trying to escape, unwittingly becomes the subject of Dr. Gorman's brutal experiments. He reanimates her and augments her body free of charge, but when Libertee wakes up there will be hell to pay.

No matter how you choose to dispose of your opponents in the turn-based battlefields of the horror-filled Weird West, body augmentations can give you a gross advantage. Stitching in the iron stomach of a war veteran for additional courage or replacing your heart with that of a bull's for increased vitality are all fair game. That is, until you look yourself in the mirror and start wondering who the monster of this story really is.

Hunt down a shadowy cabal of dubious practitioners of medicine and try to close your <span class="bold">Scars of Freedom</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 30% discount will last until March 11.
A nice add to a great game.
F4LL0UT:
Shouldn't you be an 'Orange' now? ; )
F4LL0UT:
HunchBluntley: Shouldn't you be an 'Orange' now? ; )
There is a collective Creative Forge account for that :)
Post edited March 05, 2016 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: There is a collective Creative Forge account for that :)
Are you saying F4LL0UT has an alt?! OMG guys hes a scammer!!!
:P
I decided against it due to my activity all over the forums. Especially posting in release threads and sub forums of other games would probably cause a lot of confusion.

HunchBluntley: Are you saying F4LL0UT has an alt?! OMG guys hes a scammer!!!
:P
Not to mention that several people have access to that account which is an entirely new level of scam.
F4LL0UT: I decided against it due to my activity all over the forums. Especially posting in release threads and sub forums of other games would probably cause a lot of confusion.
Yeah, I considered that. Plus, they probably wouldn't want any bad behavior on your part to reflect badly on the company. :P
It would be cool if there were some way the GOG web devs could make the 'GOG.com Staff' & 'Developer' statuses "toggleable" somehow (make you choose whether to turn your account's "special" status on at login, for example) so any such confusion could be minimized.
JudasIscariot: We've updated the main installer for the game. The Windows patch for the offline installer should be here on Monday. We've had some issues on our end with the patch hence the reason we've only got the main installer updated but no patch atm.
trusteft: ok thank you, I will wait.
Alright,the patch should be showing up soon in your account :)
Uh, so I downloaded the installer for the 1.4 version (not the patch) and then installed the DLC. When I start the DLC I am directly dropped into the first combat encounter. Is there no introduction video? There's not even some text that tells me what's going on, I'm just dropped into the fight. The main game's narration was bare bones, but I quite enjoyed it. So, in short: is this a bug in the Linux version or is there really no narration at all? :(
Post edited March 07, 2016 by narr
narr: Uh, so I downloaded the installer for the 1.4 version (not the patch) and then installed the DLC. When I start the DLC I am directly dropped into the first combat encounter. Is there no introduction video?
Sadly the DLC features no introductory cinematic and the sudden start with exposition starting only after some combat was a creative decision by our writer.
Backers should be getting their GOG keys soon :)
F4LL0UT: Sadly the DLC features no introductory cinematic and the sudden start with exposition starting only after some combat was a creative decision by our writer.
Fine by me but was it really necessary to make this a two-parter without savepoint in-between? The lack of in-scenario saves is annoying enough without adding insult to injury :D. Or is this a bug?
Post edited March 12, 2016 by E_A
E_A: Fine by me but was it really necessary to make this a two-parter without savepoint in-between? The lack of in-scenario saves is annoying enough without adding insult to injury :D. Or is this a bug?
I'm deeply sorry for this. We were certain we'd be able to not have you replay the first section as well if you lose in the second one but unexpected technical issues bit us in our asses.
F4LL0UT: I'm deeply sorry for this. We were certain we'd be able to not have you replay the first section as well if you lose in the second one but unexpected technical issues bit us in our asses.
Good to know. Thanks for the reply :-).
Out of curiosity, am I the only one facing a game stopping bug at the end of the Scars of Freedom campaign? I have made separate threads in both the Hard West GoG forum and the game's Steam forum but so far, have not received a reply.

Has anyone even beaten the SoF DLC yet?

For me, once playing as Dr. Gorman, in the final mission where he goes back to the quarry, the first half of the mission works fine (kill all deserters) but as soon as I approach the fire for the "Find Libertee" objective, the game enters Setup Mode (like preparing for a different map) and I keep hearing the music, but the screen is black. Pressing "ESC" normally brings up the menu and I can quit the game. Pressing "I" opens the character screen. If I click randomly in the blackness, I hear the UI sounds but nothing happens.

I'm running an i5-2500K, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 with the latest drivers installed, never before had an issue with the main campaign or whatever.

I just need a straight answer that either yes this is a bug, it will be patched, get on with your OCD life and do something else until that time or "No, you are the only person facing this, it's something local, dependent on your configuration."

It's literally driving me mad these past couple of days.
Confirming that after the latest hotfix, the issue is resolved. Many thanks CF!