It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Following Ariadne's code string.

<span class="bold">Hacknet Labyrinths</span>, a chunky expansion with brand new hacking-and-entering scenarios, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 20% launch discount!

Stealing data, hacking into well-protected networks, instantly adapting when things inevitably go to hell - these are the skills your recruiter was looking for when they made you part of this elite heist team. Are you up to the challenge?

Get the base game along with Labyrinths in one <span class="bold">Complete</span> package (-28%). Or grab the <span class="bold">Ultimate Edition</span> (-28%), which also includes both <span class="bold">soundtracks</span>.

The discounts will last until April 7, 3PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gSBGXOu5C94
Post edited March 31, 2017 by maladr0Id
This looks cool. Thinking about it.

[Edit]: Took out now irrelevant stuff
Post edited April 01, 2017 by Martek
I've got Hacknet in my wishlist, and the DLC to go along with the package. I hope it will be as fun as Uplink: Hacker Elite.
Post edited April 04, 2017 by Nicole28
Martek: My math is messed up, or this is one of those "the parts are less price than the whole" deal.

$17.27 Hacknet Ultimate Edition

vs.

$ 6.69 Hacket
$ 5.59 Labyrinths
$ 3.99 OST
---------
$16.27
The Ultimate Edition includes two soundtracks, so it's advantageous.

$ 6.69 - Hacknet
$ 6.69 - Hacknet OST
$ 5.59 - Labyrinths
$ 3.99 - Labyrinths OST
--------------------------------
$ 22.96

OR

$ 11.00 - Hacknet Complete
$ 6.69 - Hacknet OST
$ 3.99 - Labyrinths OST
-------------------------------------
$ 21.68
dr.schliemann: The Ultimate Edition includes two soundtracks, so it's advantageous.

Hacknet OST
Labyrinths OST
Ahh! It wasn't my math that was off - it was my observational skills <g>.

I didn't notice that there were two OST's. Explains everything, and thus, upvoted.

Just bought it. I loved Hacknet.
milito3515: Just bought it. I loved Hacknet.
I have always held off buying Hacknet because I've read on multiple places that there is a bug preventing you from finishing the game that is apparently still not fixed. (Like, not being able to escape directories with the right syntax and thus, failing a mission.)

Can you provide info on whether this is still the case and confirm that it's safe to buy it now?
Also: Is the DLC worth getting in your opinion?
Midoryu: I have always held off buying Hacknet because I've read on multiple places that there is a bug preventing you from finishing the game that is apparently still not fixed. (Like, not being able to escape directories with the right syntax and thus, failing a mission.)

Can you provide info on whether this is still the case and confirm that it's safe to buy it now?
Well, I just played the original game over the weekend and started playing the Labyrinths content last night and I had no issues with finishing the original game so I believe the the issue should be fixed.
JudasIscariot: Well, I just played the original game over the weekend and started playing the Labyrinths content last night and I had no issues with finishing the original game so I believe the the issue should be fixed.
Neat, thanks for the info.
Meanwhile I've tried the free prototype Blinkin89 linked here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/hacknet/available_for_free/post4

I've just bought and launched the game. Only really worked with Debian before and noticed a bunch of commands not working, but I'm sure I learn to use what the game teaches me. Interested to see where it goes, will let you know if I run into trouble. Gonna play on now for a bit.
JudasIscariot: Well, I just played the original game over the weekend and started playing the Labyrinths content last night and I had no issues with finishing the original game so I believe the the issue should be fixed.
Midoryu: Neat, thanks for the info.
Meanwhile I've tried the free prototype Blinkin89 linked here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/hacknet/available_for_free/post4

I've just bought and launched the game. Only really worked with Debian before and noticed a bunch of commands not working, but I'm sure I learn to use what the game teaches me. Interested to see where it goes, will let you know if I run into trouble. Gonna play on now for a bit.
Do tell me which commands end up not working as I've played the game in a hybrid fashion: some commands I carried out via the terminal, others I used whatever bits of a GUI the game's OS has to get things done rather than just doing everything in the terminal :)

I know that the "cat" "cd .." commands work for sure :)
Post edited April 04, 2017 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Do tell me which commands end up not working as I've played the game in a hybrid fashion: some commands I carried out via the terminal, others I used whatever bits of a GUI the game's OS has to get things done rather than just doing everything in the terminal :)

I know that the "cat" "cd .." commands work for sure :)
Things like accessing a subfolder or file directly with something like cd \bin\bash, the creation of directories with mkdir to make my PC feel like my own. [omitted] Also hotkeys don't work, though I admit that my usage of them is pretty limited anyway, except for Ctrl + C (cancel current operation) and Ctrl + Shift + Del (restart).
I'm sure I get used to that... shortcomings, I got used to not being able to run several commands at once, already.
The game still provides a nice and not-at-all-dry introduction to a simple command line, which I dig a lot.
But I'm by no means a pro, just playing around with a VM that runs Debian from time to time, to get a feeling of what's out there apart from batch and powershell scripts. I think I can still learn one or two things by playing this game.
Edited a day later: Removed wrong info on how you can ignore lower/upper case spelling in Debian, which Gydion had kindly pointed out to be false, indeed. You absolutely have to consider text case at any time for it to be accepted by either Bash or Debian.
Post edited April 05, 2017 by Midoryu
low rated
JudasIscariot: ---
edit: nevermind, problem solved, thank you!
Post edited April 04, 2017 by Starmaker
JudasIscariot: ---
Starmaker: I'm going to get well-deserved hell for this, but is the Ultimate Edition meant to be flat-priced? I already have the base game and I want to eventually get Ultimate for completionist purposes, but I'd hate to buy it now only for it to get The Russian Discount [tm] down the road.
I'll just say this: all the prices you may be seeing are correct and I've double checked everything :)
Midoryu: I have always held off buying Hacknet because I've read on multiple places that there is a bug preventing you from finishing the game that is apparently still not fixed. (Like, not being able to escape directories with the right syntax and thus, failing a mission.)

I finished the game. Didn't find game-breaking bugs.

I didn't play the DLC yet, not in home!
Midoryu: ...and (probably most annoying) that you have to pay attention to upper and lower case typing, whereas this isn't necessary in Debian.
That's wrong. Case absolutely matters in Debian & BASH.