It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For all the fans of classic RPGs this title will be like a journey through time.

It took creators many years to develop Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, but our patience has been more than rewarded. The title features a beautiful 2D hand-drawn artwork, more than 244 maps to explore, and provides the gamers with over 600 hours of play.

Buy Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar on GOG.COM and get a 25% discount until 2nd January 2020, 2 PM UTC.
dgnfly: ...since I didn't claim to tell what is better or not I just said what I think is better.
Well, then maybe you should learn your language. Stating that something is good or better is not the same as stating that it is your opinion or that you think that's the case. That exactly is the difference between objective and subjective. If you don't believe me look it up - I am sure it's somewhere in wikipedia.

Yes, I know I wanted to leave this but I could not let this comment stand here without correcting it.
Post edited December 13, 2019 by MarkoH01
This game has looked like my cup of tea and also not for a long time.

For anyone who has played it, can you break your character so s/he can't function or win?

Examples:
In might and magic x, I broke my characters so I couldn't compete in my level bc I put the wrong points in places.
Same thing for Geneforge.

Also, how much instant death is out there?
Example: early in might and magic x, they set you against spiders. Poison is expensive to get rid of (you don't have much money) and you have so few ho that you die fast.

If it's super-thinks-a-lot and highly mathematical character min-max crafting, then I'll go elsewhere. But otherwise, it looks lovely and terrible - my favorite combo.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by Tallima
dtgreene:
Fairfox: surprised to see you sniffin' anywhere near this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihbWPkyHCww
htown1980: Wow. The dev is a massive sellout/piece of shit. What a basket case of a human being.
rjbuffchix: Great constructive criticism...lol. Remind us all again what that has to do with the quality of the game itself (which imo is of a very high quality)?
Oh sorry! I didn’t realize the only thing that was permitted to be discussed in this forum was the “quality of the game”.

A lot of people might disagree with you about whether the game is “of a very high quality”, my comment is purely that the dev is a liar and a sellout and a piece of shit human being.
Naga_Elite: Great. Now people can get a DRM free copy. Not sure why it wasn't available here on launch.
Jan.Teubel: The Steam edition of Grimoire doesn't need the Steam client to run. There is no DRM. I successfully transferred the game (version 2) on an old notebook/laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) and with 4:3 screen. The game started without any issues. I suspect this is also valid with version 3 (released in November 2019), but I haven't tried yet.
You are required to be online in order to install it, ie: DRM, plus you cannot play any game when it is flagged for an update, unlike with GoG where you can install offline, and continue playing it even if an update is flagged!
Jan.Teubel: The Steam edition of Grimoire doesn't need the Steam client to run. There is no DRM. I successfully transferred the game (version 2) on an old notebook/laptop running Windows XP (32 bit) and with 4:3 screen. The game started without any issues. I suspect this is also valid with version 3 (released in November 2019), but I haven't tried yet.
takezodunmer2005: You are required to be online in order to install it, ie: DRM, plus you cannot play any game when it is flagged for an update, unlike with GoG where you can install offline, and continue playing it even if an update is flagged!
What that person describes technically constitutes an installation.
Tallima: This game has looked like my cup of tea and also not for a long time.

For anyone who has played it, can you break your character so s/he can't function or win?

Examples:
In might and magic x, I broke my characters so I couldn't compete in my level bc I put the wrong points in places.
Same thing for Geneforge.

Also, how much instant death is out there?
Example: early in might and magic x, they set you against spiders. Poison is expensive to get rid of (you don't have much money) and you have so few ho that you die fast.

If it's super-thinks-a-lot and highly mathematical character min-max crafting, then I'll go elsewhere. But otherwise, it looks lovely and terrible - my favorite combo.
You can absolutely break your character to be unplayable. In fact, your party can be broken on character creation. This is one of those games you are supposed to spend a lot of trial and error min/maxing the *right* stats and skills and much of the supposed challenge if figuring out what is really important. There is a "Let's Play" where the party died in 2 combats to "Bugs and Worms". I suspect this is because that streamer didn't spend time re-rolling the stats multiple times which you are probably expected to do like an "old school" RPG.

Given that the game starts in the middle of nowhere with no Town nearby to heal or rest...
Post edited December 14, 2019 by RWarehall
AlienMind: Now that the political spiel of gog seems to be over, let's get Hatred on here.
Hatred is a very mediocre game, at best.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: So given that GOG has reversed its stance of forbidding unhinged devs from releasing their games here, how about they also reverse their stance of a much more important issue: forbidding AO games here? (i.e. Agony Unrated, AO VNs, and other upcoming AO games that no doubt GOG will also reject because it's apparently has a non-public policy to ban AO games [even though it has an AO Leisure Suit Larry game already here].
tfishell: They also have the AO version of Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) here.
That was added before c*ration started here, iirc.
DoomSooth: I'd very much like to see Hatred, Agony: Unrated, and Manhunt here, but I don't know if GOG would be willing to go quite that far. They might be compelled to add an age verification system. Not sure how much something like that would cost them or what the legal headaches would be.
If they can sell somewhat "tamer" games like Duke Nukem 3d and their own cdpr games here then I am sure they can sell other such games here, as in most countries you need to be an adult to play some of the games we DO have here already.
Post edited December 14, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
RWarehall: You can absolutely break your character to be unplayable. In fact, your party can be broken on character creation. This is one of those games you are supposed to spend a lot of trial and error min/maxing the *right* stats and skills and much of the supposed challenge if figuring out what is really important. There is a "Let's Play" where the party died in 2 combats to "Bugs and Worms". I suspect this is because that streamer didn't spend time re-rolling the stats multiple times which you are probably expected to do like an "old school" RPG.

Given that the game starts in the middle of nowhere with no Town nearby to heal or rest...
I see that when it comes to this game, you've moved beyond taking the word of random Scheme gamers, to drawing conclusions from browsing random YouTubers. That's a pretty lateral move if you ask me.

RW, have you played it? The game is an old-school RPG, with all that comes with that (though it has the automapping, which not all old-school RPGs have). So it really is a matter of taste.

For any gamer into RPGs, there is certainly something to be said for the value proposition of ANY RPG, unless one is really against old-school type mechanics and graphics.
low rated
htown1980: Oh sorry! I didn’t realize the only thing that was permitted to be discussed in this forum was the “quality of the game”.
It is less what is permitted and more that the quality of the art should be judged apart from the quality of the creator.

Also many dislike such drama on these forums(I know from experience), and it detracts from judging the game based on it's own merits.

(Also you didn't provide much proof beyond a blanket "he's bad guys/gals...trust me")

htown1980: A lot of people might disagree with you about whether the game is “of a very high quality”, my comment is purely that the dev is a liar and a sellout and a piece of shit human being.
One should still try to separate the art from the artist whenever possible.
low rated
rjbuffchix: Great constructive criticism...lol. Remind us all again what that has to do with the quality of the game itself (which imo is of a very high quality)?
htown1980: Oh sorry! I didn’t realize the only thing that was permitted to be discussed in this forum was the “quality of the game”.

A lot of people might disagree with you about whether the game is “of a very high quality”, my comment is purely that the dev is a liar and a sellout and a piece of shit human being.
My view is that forums are for honest discussion. Loud namecalling is this way, and on sale right now for $0.59 > https://www.gog.com/game/ohsir_the_insult_simulator
low rated
rjbuffchix: RW, have you played it? The game is an old-school RPG, with all that comes with that (though it has the automapping, which not all old-school RPGs have). So it really is a matter of taste.
He seems to be knocking it based on how unfair it is, when MANY old school RPGs/other games were as unfair or worse, and people love them.

rjbuffchix: My view is that forums are for honest discussion. Loud namecalling is this way, and on sale right now for $0.59 > https://www.gog.com/game/ohsir_the_insult_simulator
*Pics related*
Attachments:
Post edited December 14, 2019 by GameRager
RWarehall: You can absolutely break your character to be unplayable. In fact, your party can be broken on character creation. This is one of those games you are supposed to spend a lot of trial and error min/maxing the *right* stats and skills and much of the supposed challenge if figuring out what is really important. There is a "Let's Play" where the party died in 2 combats to "Bugs and Worms". I suspect this is because that streamer didn't spend time re-rolling the stats multiple times which you are probably expected to do like an "old school" RPG.

Thank you! Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad that there are some who would love it.
low rated
Tallima: Thank you! Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad that there are some who would love it.
Like those into nuzlock challenges and roguelikes, or very hard RPGs. :)