It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grim Fandango resurrected.

Grim Fandango Remastered, a modern restoration of the single most wishlisted game on GOG.com, is available now, DRM-free for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux!

Grim Fandango is just one of those games, it doesn't really need much of an introduction. The unique blend of Mexican folklore with film noir stylings - Tim Schafer's last and greatest hurrah as LucasArts' adventure-gaming-extraordinaire - is widely considered to simply be the best adventure game ever made. Grim Fandango Remastered refreshes and refines the award-winning title, finally making a piece of history available to everyone - hassle-free with no need to leave the dry land. The remaster modernizes the game's presentation and gameplay in a way that improves, but does not distort, the original experience. That means higher quality models and textures, but a familiar unaltered art style; the same musical score as before, re-recorded in higher quality with no unnecessary compression; and perhaps best of all: a new point-and-click interface - but one that is fully optional - the original tank controls are just a few clicks away.

If you missed Grim Fandango the first time around, now's your chance to experience gaming history like never before (or just like before, your call). If you have played it in its heyday - you're probably long overdue for another go anyway. Grim Fandango Remastered is available right now, DRM-free, on GOG.com!
stg83: Everyone knows most PC users have 360 controllers since they are natively supported in the majority of the other games.
shmerl: Logitech one
Btw Grim Fandango runs absurdly fine on Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" played with the F710 from Logitech.
Just perfect!
RadonGOG: Just tried it out and it seems to be excellent work! A Texture Resolution that makes you not think about them (they are so high-res you just have nothing to complain about!), good, logical shadowing and perfect AntiAliasing. (no Flickering at Characters AT ALL!) Good interface elements at the side of the screen avoid the "black bars"-psychological problem and you´ve got a good point and click-interface so the game does actually feels quite modern!
Only letdown: The cutscenses aren´t remastered... :(
FlamingFirewire: Is there a way to turn off the graphics on the sides of the screen (outside of the 4:3 resolution)? I've gotten very used to there just being black there so having bars there when you can't interact with them can be a little annoying (akin to watching a 4:3 TV series with something filling in the borders). Would also be excellent to be able to play the game on native 4:3 monitors.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if the Remaster supports the 360 controller?
There´s an option to turn the game back in regular 4:3 and controllers are supported (as far as I know)!
wishing well, where are you?

oh well... :D
FlamingFirewire: Is there a way to turn off the graphics on the sides of the screen (outside of the 4:3 resolution)? I've gotten very used to there just being black there so having bars there when you can't interact with them can be a little annoying (akin to watching a 4:3 TV series with something filling in the borders). Would also be excellent to be able to play the game on native 4:3 monitors.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if the Remaster supports the 360 controller?
RadonGOG: There´s an option to turn the game back in regular 4:3 and controllers are supported (as far as I know)!
Apparently it only shows Playstation controller prompts.
darthspudius: Interesting, where did you see this?
On GOG's own trailer.
Sometimes I despair when it comes to the face of modern gamers. Another "review" written under it with the title "This game sucks!" which reads: "COD advance warfare should have come to GOG over this piece of crap game!"

Yeah, that's what GOG really needs, a raft of dull, formulaic FPS games which are churned out year after year simply to satisfy the limited needs of spotty teenagers!

No thanks.
You know I expected this thread to get 1000 posts?

Anyway I just want a final confirmation. Is this Remaster good. Is it essentially the Original Game HDfyed?

(Of course includeding better lighting and sharper textures)
Elmofongo: You know I expected this thread to get 1000 posts?

Anyway I just want a final confirmation. Is this Remaster good. Is it essentially the Original Game HDfyed?

I think it is. Some are bitching the cut-scenes and backgrounds didn't get the treatment but still looks good on my 17" laptop with 1600x900 resolution.
My biggest gripe was the tank controls on the original, loving using the mouse.
The voice acting is the same along with the story-line as far as I can tell so far.

I love the original (have it) but never fully finished it, got tired of the controls. I'm not much of a game controller person either especially with adventure games.

It is good, it is essentially the original game. Totally up to you to decide if worth it, is for me.
Post edited January 29, 2015 by sgoshe
It looks like they'll take a look at the broken 360 prompts but they say they won't make any promises. Given the numerous other bugs, I'll be waiting until the game gets fixed anyway.
Hey, I've been noticing a game breaking bug. When I load the game, the room textures won't load and end up in a black void (yellow if I turn off advanced lighting). I know I'm in the office at the start of the game, but I can't see it. I'm using Windows 8.1.
budejovice: The OS requirements really bug me. I have solid machines on both the Win & OSX side of things, and it will be a very long time before I can play Grim Fandango. I guess I can understand not supporting XP, or even 10.6, but even the "best game ever" isn't going to rush me past 10.7.
Out of curiosity, why not upgrade to Mountain Lion (10.8)? It fixed plenty of bugs and performance issues with Lion.

stg83: It is unfortunate, the sudden jump in the requirement for a later version of Mac OSX was weird and according to the developer its because the game requires10.9.x due to the GPU drivers needed.
I remember reading on the developer’s forums that the decision to develop for OpenGL 3.3 was a choice made at early stages of development. There is nothing sudden about it, they were simply dishonest. Perhaps they’re still aiming for a lower version in due time, but OpenGL 3.3 is what they started with.
Elmofongo: You know I expected this thread to get 1000 posts?

sgoshe: I think it is. Some are bitching the cut-scenes and backgrounds didn't get the treatment but still looks good on my 17" laptop with 1600x900 resolution.
The voice acting is the same along with the story-line as far as I can tell so far.

I love the original (have it) but never fully finished it, got tired of the controls. I'm not much of a game controller person either especially with adventure games.

It is good, it is essentially the original game. Totally up to you to decide if worth it, is for me.
Your talking to a guy who loved the Tank Controlled Resident Evils. And have Beaten Alone in the Dark 1.

I am sure the tank controls will pose no problem for me.
sgoshe: I think it is. Some are bitching the cut-scenes and backgrounds didn't get the treatment but still looks good on my 17" laptop with 1600x900 resolution.

Elmofongo: Your talking to a guy who loved the Tank Controlled Resident Evils. And have Beaten Alone in the Dark 1.

I am sure the tank controls will pose no problem for me.
Sounds like a win all around for you then, especially classic mode. :)
skeecher: Sometimes I despair when it comes to the face of modern gamers. Another "review" written under it with the title "This game sucks!" which reads: "COD advance warfare should have come to GOG over this piece of crap game!"
What is COD advance warfare?-) Never played it.
How is the re-recorded soundtrack for those that have played it? Does it compare favourably with the original? That has been my only slight concern about the remaster.