It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Piece together the full story of how humanity fell through three distinct sources.
Genre: Sports
Discount: 70% off until 30th June 2022, 1 PM UTC
Can't think of anything to say so here's Fred Astaire's Golf Tapdance routine from Carefree (1938) instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNmQ04FHcCY&t=70s
What an interesting and particular game. It looks great, the artwork is good, very good. I'll give it a chance to see how it is... Thanks, GOG!
UCrest: What an interesting and particular game. It looks great, the artwork is good, very good. I'll give it a chance to see how it is... Thanks, GOG!
from what I've read it doesn't really work as it should and the devs are lazy and/or incompetent, can't even patch in a reset level button. not that it would need patching in, how the fuck did it not come up during development? another one for the style over substance pile, and of course no money for these people ever.
UCrest: What an interesting and particular game. It looks great, the artwork is good, very good. I'll give it a chance to see how it is... Thanks, GOG!
Have you tried the game yet?
If GOG or the develper is reading, the game page advertises that it includes the soundtrack and artbook but there is no sign of them after purchasing the game. I found this link to the soundtrack but it should be available as an extra. I see there are artbook related files in the game directory so maybe it appears in the game after finishing. The soundtrack on that link is mp3 format and has the radio station intro on the music tracks, it would be great if there was a flac version with just the music since at least the first song (the only one I heard so far) is quite nice.

I just tried the tutorial and first couple of holes so far and I am enjoying it. It sounds like the whole game takes 2 to 3 hours. I can see the animations getting annoying if you are trying levels over and over to find the best route (always good to have an option to turn off such things) but they aren't that slow or annoying when starting the game. There is an interesting radio station that tells some of the story, somewhat like Surviving Mars although it seems like this one might be a fixed hour long loop. The art is nice but it is definitely a low budget game. If you are near the edge of the screen you can't get maximum power on the lower zoom levels (and you need it). So far the background has just been static with the story told through the radio and tiny bits of text at the end of each level and in diary entries that are unlocked by getting particular scores.

There is a level reset in the escape menu (however, there is an annoyingly slow animation to get to that menu and back). It looks like there are 35 total levels (including three simple tutorial levels).

One annoyance is that the radio station keeps track of your spot exactly, even when starting a new game so you can start mid-caller story. I don't see an in game way to reset it. The save is in:

AppData\LocalLow\Untold Tales\Golf Club_ Wasteland

Unfortunately, the configuration is also in the same save file it seems and the radio volume defaults to very low for some reason but if you delete the save file you at least get to start the radio at the beginning again. Annoyingly the configuration is text in the file but if you edit it then it considers the file corrupt.

Took me a bit to track down but the developers (or many of them at least) are in Serbia. It sounds like they have a couple of other games in progress based in the same world and the next one is a platformer.

I'm guessing this one might be partly inspired by Vertiginous Golf (not on GOG but was DRM-free in a bundle at some point), although this one is a much more relaxing game since it is 2D and almost anything that gets near the hole will go in. I don't know about the story yet (it isn't looking all that detailed) but it can hardly be worse :/.
Post edited June 24, 2022 by joveian
In one of the trailers it mentions the soundtrack and a novel are included with the game, but that is certainly not the case in my library after purchasing it.
joveian: I found this link to the soundtrack but it should be available as an extra. I see there are artbook related files in the game directory so maybe it appears in the game after finishing. The soundtrack on that link is mp3 format and has the radio station intro on the music tracks, it would be great if there was a flac version with just the music since at least the first song (the only one I heard so far) is quite nice.
But at least the soundtrack download is free and 293 Mb.

And if you visit the following and scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a Google Drive link to their Presskit, which has some artwork downloads. The Key Art download, which is 3 copies of the one image, is 42.5 Mb. No sign of the novel yet.

https://golfclubwasteland.com/
Post edited June 24, 2022 by Timboli
Dohi64: from what I've read it doesn't really work as it should and the devs are lazy and/or incompetent, can't even patch in a reset level button. not that it would need patching in, how the fuck did it not come up during development? another one for the style over substance pile, and of course no money for these people ever.
Thank you for the information. I will still try the game and see how it goes. :)
IronArcturus: Have you tried the game yet?
No, I haven't tried it yet. I still have it in my shopping cart. I'm waiting for some other offer to make just one purchase with the titles I'm interested in. :)