It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Removing the criminal element.

<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span>, that contains two strategy/RPGs bursting with uncontainable super-powers, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount. Buying each game individually grants you a 50% discount, instead.

Oh, the alien scum really did it this time. They've bathed Earth's scum in a powerful catalyst known only as Energy X and now a whole legion of super-powered troublemakers is wreaking havoc across our fair planet. There is only one logical course of action in order to contain the situation: gather a Freedom Force of similarly powered heroes and set out to kick the criminals' spandex-ed behinds.

You will have the option to either create your own superhero or choose one of the available ones before you join <span class="bold">Freedom Force</span> in their globetrotting effort to bring justice upon the beefed-up evil-doers. Most of the spectacular butt-kicking will take place in the colourful streets of Patriot City but the heroes will eventually have to unleash their unique powers in other dimensions and time periods. Especially when someone disturbs the space-time continuum, leading to the historically inaccurate victory of the Axis forces during World War II. But don't go fixing those history books just yet, unless it is to include a chapter chronicling the epic campaign known as <span class="bold">Freedom Force vs The Third Reich</span>.

Pick your comic book-inspired superhero and smack some sense into those overpowered villains with the <span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
dal4fsu: Don't see where this ever got answered, anyone know?

they look like platformers. Will they work with X-box controller for windows?
JudasIscariot: They are not platformers :)
Thanks for the reply :).
Shadowcat: Very much not platformers! Here's some pretty spoiler-light gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FFcdRzjfOk&amp;list=PL98780DE1F8005246&amp;index=5

The mission shown is still in learning-to-play territory, so there's not too much going on, but it gives you a good indication of the game's style.
Actually did the proper thing and googled the info myself and found that video. Help me make the decision to buy and I did!
Post edited March 30, 2016 by dal4fsu
Freedom Force used to have quite the modding base. And that base seems to still be active. So that's a plus from my point of view.
JudasIscariot:
Normally, when you install* a GOG game that has a manual, the manual is put into the start menu alongside the game. Why is that not the case with Freedom Force? I mean, I can download the manual from the extras menu myself; it just seems odd.

*not using Galaxy
darthspudius: Something just occurred to me. Is The Third Reich updated? I bought it from here along time ago.
JudasIscariot: It's updated to the latest official version :)
Any chance you guys can look into getting a widescreen fix? Fact that this game is still locked at 4:3-stretched after all these years, and no one has modded it, is criminal.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Junmarko
Junmarko: Any chance you guys can look into getting a widescreen fix? Fact that this game is still locked at 4:3-stretched after all these years, and no one has modded it, is criminal.
We don't add widescreen fixes on our own, no. The reason being is that we'd rather not have this so that if/when we have to support a game, we don't add in another thing that could possibly go wrong :)
Junmarko: Any chance you guys can look into getting a widescreen fix? Fact that this game is still locked at 4:3-stretched after all these years, and no one has modded it, is criminal.
I was under the impression that the game already supports widescreen resolutions, its just the menus and maybe some hud elements like character portraits, that get stretched.
Stevedog13: Thanks Beer. I guess this just goes on the pile with the rest of the games that look awesome but I know will just end up with me hating when I play it. Ironically, when I cam home from work yesterday my kids had been on GOG and said they found a "really cool game" and were asking me to buy it for them. Turns out they wanted Freedom Force, so maybe I can play vicariously through them.
Well at least we know your kids have some great taste :P

Give the game a try again, if you like campy old batman shows, or shows like get smart, or old james bond ect.. It really does have that feel. Characters are so unique, and missions and story arcs really are tons of fun. Everything from Fighting super powered soveits, to giant ants, dinosaurs, robots, aliens, just to name a few.

Give the game a try at 3/4 speed, it plays a bit slower, but makes it lots of fun. You can also set it up so pausing doesn't pause, it just slows the game down. There are many combos of speed settings you can use from normal game play to pause settings. any combo of them can make the game play so different than the typical, RTS with pause feature..

But honestly, i have to ask, what do you not like about pausing a team based RTS? Do you not like games like dragon age, or baldures gate, mass effect.. ect?? To me this is a classic, that fits right in on a list with those titles. Though i do get not liking a style of game, but for me not liking this game style is sorta like the person that says, they don't like pizza..

Best part is, the graphics as they are cartoony, have aged very well. the game play once you get used to a few of the flaws, like when to power up, or a timing of using a power, the game really does work darn well. Maybe not up to a AAA of todays world, but as far as 2000 goes, this thing was years ahead of it's time.

FF2, fixed a bunch of game play issues, and it just plays smoother, but the stories, and missions i think are better in FF. FF2, is worth playing though, and for 4 bucks.. it's hard to beat the 50+ hours of game play. :) Your kids should love it, and over all it is very family friendly too.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by JeCy
Thanks for bringing back Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich and adding it as the same game it has been before (even when the publisher has changed) so that my account does not show me another game as unowned which I do own on GOG.

I guess I have to buy Freedom Force now to complete the pack. :)
wolfsrain: Freedom Force used to have quite the modding base. And that base seems to still be active. So that's a plus from my point of view.
Indeed, some say that is even more fun than vanilla. Via mods you can play with favourite comic books characters (Think Spiderman, etc).
eiii: I guess I have to buy Freedom Force now to complete the pack. :)
Freedom Force against the Third Reich was so good that left me craving for more... Now we can go to the original! :)
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Carradice
JeCy: But honestly, i have to ask, what do you not like about pausing a team based RTS? Do you not like games like dragon age, or baldures gate, mass effect.. ect?? To me this is a classic, that fits right in on a list with those titles. Though i do get not liking a style of game, but for me not liking this game style is sorta like the person that says, they don't like pizza..
Well I never played Dragon Age or Mass Effect, but I have tried several times to play Baldur's Gate and always end up rage quitting somewhere on disc 2. It took me years to realize that the Real Time with Pause mechanic was what made me hate that game.

I love true turn based tactical combat, Fallouts 1+2 are my favorite games of all time. I also love a good grand scale RTS game such as StarCraft, WarCraft, Empire Earth or Command & Conquer. These are very different gameplay mechanics and the reasons I enjoy them are equally diverse. Turn based combat allows me to really analyze each unit in play and get a good solid grasp of their individual strengths, weaknesses and abilities. When it comes to upgrading units, either through RPG like stat leveling or simply equipping new weapons, armor or other items, I can make an informed decision and observe what effect the upgrades really have. When combat is real time I can't get as involved in character development because I've too many other allies and enemies splitting my attention. When I do focus on a specific unit, trying to figure out how to upgrade or use it better, I often end up with another unit dying in the battle and I have no clue why. It works in RTS games because there is more of a focus on the grand strategy rather than the micro management of individual unit tactics. When I have a squad of Firebats torching a Zerg base, I'm not worried about any of them using a less effective or efficient attack technique.

To me, the real time with pause system is a half hearted middle ground that doesn't incorporate the fun aspects from either genre. At best the game AI is sophisticated enough that I'm just giving general suggestions and watching the game play itself, which is boring. Worst case is when the AI is too stupid to do anything without my input, and sometimes it still screws up by not doing what I actually wanted, which is just frustrating.

Looking at the screen shots I was reminded of games like Justice League Heroes or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but with a great Silver Age graphic design and more freedom in developing the characters. So it has nothing to do with the overall themes or design. The only thing that could have ruined it was gameplay.
I can testify that the dreaded fist bug has been fixed in the gog version of Freedom Force. All Hail GOG

There were workarounds,but they were a pain in the butt.

A favorite of mine. I love that they used the Jack Kirby silver age look as the main visual look of the game.
dal4fsu: Actually did the proper thing and googled the info myself and found that video. Help me make the decision to buy and I did!
Excellent! I think you're going to have a great time with it :)
Freedom Force vs The Third Reich?

usa propaganda shit
its not even done a kickstarter. why do we have to face here usa propaganda shit? can't you stay neutral gog?

(disclaimer: this is a parody post, the original is the lowest-ranked review here)