It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Removing the criminal element.

<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span>, that contains two strategy/RPGs bursting with uncontainable super-powers, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount. Buying each game individually grants you a 50% discount, instead.

Oh, the alien scum really did it this time. They've bathed Earth's scum in a powerful catalyst known only as Energy X and now a whole legion of super-powered troublemakers is wreaking havoc across our fair planet. There is only one logical course of action in order to contain the situation: gather a Freedom Force of similarly powered heroes and set out to kick the criminals' spandex-ed behinds.

You will have the option to either create your own superhero or choose one of the available ones before you join <span class="bold">Freedom Force</span> in their globetrotting effort to bring justice upon the beefed-up evil-doers. Most of the spectacular butt-kicking will take place in the colourful streets of Patriot City but the heroes will eventually have to unleash their unique powers in other dimensions and time periods. Especially when someone disturbs the space-time continuum, leading to the historically inaccurate victory of the Axis forces during World War II. But don't go fixing those history books just yet, unless it is to include a chapter chronicling the epic campaign known as <span class="bold">Freedom Force vs The Third Reich</span>.

Pick your comic book-inspired superhero and smack some sense into those overpowered villains with the <span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 66% bundle discount and the 50% individual discounts will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
markrichardb: [...]
Granted, I've only played the second game, where I found him to be shockingly useless in all but one mission. Maybe it was just an irrational personal dislike (pun not intended).
Mostly, I hated how him being much faster than everyone else made coordinating them as a group much, much harder. I'm a shit tactician, anyway, so I wasn't keen on having to bother with that additional hurdle.
andysheets1975: Man O War. That guy wrecks everything in the Mr. Mechanical story.
In the middle of that story right now. Surprisingly, Alchemiss is almost as good. Most of the playthrough has been Alchemiss and Man O War taking out all the bots and everyone else (Patriot, ManBot and Bullet) hiding safely at a distance so they don't take too much damage. That's one of the most interesting and fun parts of the game - figuring out that a character you've written off as mostly useless is practically indispensable against a different set of enemies.
Price is excellent... and the discount, I may have to grab it.

Today is a day of celebration at Gog indeed.
Stevedog13: Can someone tell me about the game play in these titles? Freedom Force says it's "Role-playing - Turn-based - Tactical" and Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich says "Action - Role-playing - Sci-fi" which leaves me a bit confused. Do the two games have wildly different play styles, one a Turn-Based Tactical and the other an ARPG?
Pausable party action. Each hero has their own specific powers, though everyone can throw a punch or throw objects. Strong heroes throw bigger objects, of course, and wield lampposts as clubs, etc. Flight? Yup. Super-jump? Yup. Burrowing? Yup. Fists, guns, rays, lasers, mental powers, electricity and fire? Yup. You know, superhero combat stuff. The heroes gain experience, I think all the time, while those actually active in a mission gain more experience. Experience is then spent on new powers and upgrading old ones.

You'll eventually end up with somewhere between 6 and 12 heroes, something like that, and you'll unlock new ones through the missions, often as part of the story. Some missions require certain heroes (for the story) while others let you choose your heroes. I think you always get to choose at least one.

Oh, and there's a battle room-type mode, where you can choose different parameters, heroes, etc and just duke it out, your team versus the AI team.

The first game is particularly great, in my opinion, while the second is a step behind - it plays the same but I found the story and the heroes not quite as fun, even though some return.

Out of all the stuff to arrive today, the release of these two games made my day.

Er, just read your bit about hating pause. Well, it's optional? But you'll use it since each hero can have several powers to choose from and it can get overwhelming.
Trid: I always, somehow, mixing that title with "Freedom Fighters" and getting my hope up.... damn...
*fingers snap* daaaannngggggg iitt
Nice, finally Freedom Force is released here.
Now that I think about it, FF1 should have been one of my "Without thinking about it" favorite titles. ; )

Really great game.
andysheets1975: Man O War. That guy wrecks everything in the Mr. Mechanical story.
triplett: In the middle of that story right now. Surprisingly, Alchemiss is almost as good.
Alchemiss is a strong candidate for most missions - she can fly, has a starting ranged attack which is effective against the vast majority of opponents, and propelling enemies 50 feet in the air to let gravity take care of the rest is always fun.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by markrichardb
Can anyone help me with my mouse problem?
Don't see where this ever got answered, anyone know?

they look like platformers. Will they work with X-box controller for windows?
dal4fsu: Don't see where this ever got answered, anyone know?

they look like platformers. Will they work with X-box controller for windows?
They are not platformers :)
I love this game so much! Great to finally see it here at GOG, all this time after they got the sequel!

I had to uninstall Freedom Force out of fear that I'd start playing it again -- the "just one more mission" temptation is amazingly hard to resist.
Very much not platformers! Here's some pretty spoiler-light gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FFcdRzjfOk&amp;list=PL98780DE1F8005246&amp;index=5

The mission shown is still in learning-to-play territory, so there's not too much going on, but it gives you a good indication of the game's style.
shit, I just noticed sometimes when I close the game I get an error message. Not really a problem, just annoying.

And does anyone know if when using camera rotate there is a way to go back to the original position?
Post edited March 30, 2016 by tinyE
Stevedog13: Can someone tell me about the game play in these titles? Freedom Force says it's "Role-playing - Turn-based - Tactical" and Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich says "Action - Role-playing - Sci-fi" which leaves me a bit confused. Do the two games have wildly different play styles, one a Turn-Based Tactical and the other an ARPG?
HereForTheBeer: Pausable party action. Each hero has their own specific powers, though everyone can throw a punch or throw objects. Strong heroes throw bigger objects, of course, and wield lampposts as clubs, etc. Flight? Yup. Super-jump? Yup. Burrowing? Yup. Fists, guns, rays, lasers, mental powers, electricity and fire? Yup. You know, superhero combat stuff. The heroes gain experience, I think all the time, while those actually active in a mission gain more experience. Experience is then spent on new powers and upgrading old ones.

You'll eventually end up with somewhere between 6 and 12 heroes, something like that, and you'll unlock new ones through the missions, often as part of the story. Some missions require certain heroes (for the story) while others let you choose your heroes. I think you always get to choose at least one.

Oh, and there's a battle room-type mode, where you can choose different parameters, heroes, etc and just duke it out, your team versus the AI team.

The first game is particularly great, in my opinion, while the second is a step behind - it plays the same but I found the story and the heroes not quite as fun, even though some return.

Out of all the stuff to arrive today, the release of these two games made my day.

Er, just read your bit about hating pause. Well, it's optional? But you'll use it since each hero can have several powers to choose from and it can get overwhelming.
Thanks Beer. I guess this just goes on the pile with the rest of the games that look awesome but I know will just end up with me hating when I play it. Ironically, when I cam home from work yesterday my kids had been on GOG and said they found a "really cool game" and were asking me to buy it for them. Turns out they wanted Freedom Force, so maybe I can play vicariously through them.