It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unlimited power!

<span class="bold">Fictorum</span>, a dynamic and destructible mage simulator, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com

Magic and might have never felt quite this powerful. This is the core of Fictorum: absolute power, funtastic destruction, and a dynamic magic system. Wielding legendary power right from the start, you'll craft spells on the fly catering them to your needs - from meteor hails to frozen gusts, and far, far more, and everything in between.
Also, check out the <span class="bold">Fictorum OST</span>.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited August 09, 2017 by maladr0Id
This looks and plays like an Early Access game...
Niggles: Trailer doesnt seem to show anything except magic, blowing buildings up, and blowing baddies up. Nothing on story or any other stuff like ui etc..?
My thought was "trailer doesn't seem to show any magic except blowing buildings up, and blowing baddies up", which is a far cry from "unlimited power". Is there any magic in the game which isn't about killing/destroying things?
Marioface5: you have to move the mouse in the direction of the three buffs you want and then wait for it to actually activate each one.
Thanks for the warning. Sounds like the first (OK, don't laugh) Harry Potter game with it's wand movements. Couldn't do them there and doubt I'll be able to do them here. I gather there's no workaround?

The concept of the game does sound interesting though.

Shadowcat: My thought was "trailer doesn't seem to show any magic except blowing buildings up, and blowing baddies up", which is a far cry from "unlimited power".
You can hire yourself out to the local Departments of Transportation. They would love you. :)
Post edited August 10, 2017 by drmike
not a fan of how the enemies stop moving and pause while you set up your spells, thats immersion breaking for me. but i wasnt sure so i came in here to nose around and see what others have posted, thanks for the in depth reviews, helped me to make up my mind. guess ill go back to dragons dogma to get that 'real mage' feeling
mintee: not a fan of how the enemies stop moving and pause while you set up your spells, thats immersion breaking for me. but i wasnt sure so i came in here to nose around and see what others have posted, thanks for the in depth reviews, helped me to make up my mind. guess ill go back to dragons dogma to get that 'real mage' feeling
Sorry for getting a bit too OT but I really wanted to ask it: How are you handling maic in Dragon's Dogma? Casting times are so high it makes ruin the fun for me :/ .
mintee: not a fan of how the enemies stop moving and pause while you set up your spells, thats immersion breaking for me. but i wasnt sure so i came in here to nose around and see what others have posted, thanks for the in depth reviews, helped me to make up my mind. guess ill go back to dragons dogma to get that 'real mage' feeling
Gurlok: Sorry for getting a bit too OT but I really wanted to ask it: How are you handling maic in Dragon's Dogma? Casting times are so high it makes ruin the fun for me :/ .
i have warrior and fighter pawns melee/tank for me, and a mage to sync with my sorcerer. if i run out of casting time I spam ingle fire spell. yah, the casting time can be a pita but when it works... it freaking works, on an epic spell. nothing like bringing down the heavens in fiery destruction to really make one feel like a mage, down to the exhaustion casting does
Gurlok: Sorry for getting a bit too OT but I really wanted to ask it: How are you handling maic in Dragon's Dogma? Casting times are so high it makes ruin the fun for me :/ .
mintee: i have warrior and fighter pawns melee/tank for me, and a mage to sync with my sorcerer. if i run out of casting time I spam ingle fire spell. yah, the casting time can be a pita but when it works... it freaking works, on an epic spell. nothing like bringing down the heavens in fiery destruction to really make one feel like a mage, down to the exhaustion casting does
Yeah I know that feel...although is a shame that you MUST rely on other party members, it's likely impossible a solo run when maining a mage/sorc.
Looked totally underwhelming when I first saw it on Steam, and it still looks underwhelming here. Nope! Pass.
As others have said this before, this game unfortunately looks and feels like an Early Access game which lacks lots of polish.

The amount of times I got stuck in a house and shot some spell and got killed by the rubble is ridiculous and does absolutely not make me feel all powerful for it.

The game needs some basic magic spells for a more believable mage experience like flying/hovering, healing, maybe some kind of shield against rubble etc. even if limited. Some melee attack would be useful too since most of the enemies try to rush you and when they get too close you mostly end up damaging yourself half the time.

I could go on but I am hoping that by paying the price for the game the developers might eventually make their "baby" better or maybe make another similar game in the future using what they learned here.