It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wage war against the all-powerful Federation in this dynamic FPS enhanced with RPG elements. E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - Single-Player Edition is now available on GOG.COM and enjoys a 50% discount that will last until 17th November 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Loved this game when it was new, though that was in large part because of its absolutely insane multiplayer - you could play co-op with 64 players. It's still fun solo, though, but not quite as magical.
MysterD: About the PvP - this is why games with skirmish-style competitive modes over maps should have offline support for maps and bots/AI.

The PvP stuff and content just wouldn't go entirely to waste, if this stuff was actually made to work also offline and also had real LAN/TP-ICP support.

Just let the player decide if they want to play online w/ others or offline with bots - you know, like Q3A does. It's a shame when games like say the COD's that come out every year later go to the graveyard b/c the new game's out and nobody's playing the old stuff. It's why we need more TP-ICP support added later for skirmish modes and also offline skirmish mode support, for when a game's MP goes dead - as players can still enjoy that content even w/ bots if nobody else is playing it online.

I'd love to have seen say BioShock 2 get that competitive MP mode made to work offline with bots.
Publishers like Activision surely see any sort of offline or self-hosted MP options as a threat to their business model. Most developers don't seem to care about the longevity of their games anymore either. I'm content with older games but it's a shame to see things going this way when there's the occasional new title of interest.
Post edited November 11, 2021 by The_Gypsy
low rated
wormholewizards: Single player only? Good, at least people won't complaints about DRM & Galaxy.
Sure they will, and rightly so. I and others already have lodged such complaints earlier in this thread.

This game should be having Galaxy Achievements just like it also has Steam Achievements.

And at the very least, it should also have Galaxy-only multiplayer, rather than to have its multiplayer functionality be entirely removed, and then GOG customers get sold a gimpy version of the game, spin-doctored as if it being gimped for GOG is a "good thing," by misleadingly attempting to frame the gimping in a positive light by calling it "Single-Player Edition," rather than "Gimped Edition" or "Castrated Edition" or "Feature Removed Edition" or something along those lines which would accurately reflect the fact that it is an incomplete, inferior, parity-lacking version.
wormholewizards: Single player only? Good, at least people won't complaints about DRM & Galaxy.
I don't think people complained about multiplayer requiring Galaxy. They complained about singleplayer content being gated behind a client for no reason. Big difference.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Sure they will, and rightly so. I and others already have lodged such complaints earlier in this thread.

This game should be having Galaxy Achievements just like it also has Steam Achievements.

And at the very least, it should also have Galaxy-only multiplayer, rather than to have its multiplayer functionality be entirely removed, and then GOG customers get sold a gimpy version of the game, spin-doctored as if it being gimped for GOG is a "good thing," by misleadingly attempting to frame the gimping in a positive light by calling it "Single-Player Edition," rather than "Gimped Edition" or "Castrated Edition" or "Feature Removed Edition" or something along those lines which would accurately reflect the fact that it is an incomplete, inferior, parity-lacking version.
This is what you say. But if they released the multi with galaxy.

You would also growl because galaxy request for multi so not drm free for multi and etc. We can not have it all .

That can be for different reasons. For the multi is the technical aspect of the game. The multi was designed on the steam system. And if we had to take it out on gog, we have to redo the whole multi system from a-z and therefore money has been spent on top of that. And of course for its to be profitable, the game should come out more expensive. And of course, his would go grunted to the wolf because the game more expensive. We are not in the world of care bears or companies give away their products for free. Their goal is to make money to survive and develop. Otherwise they would quickly go out of business.

We must accept certain sacrifices within reason. Otherwise we would have nothing.
low rated
kmanitou: Keep your expressions à 20 balles pour toi, mec.
Lukin86: I invite you to think before insulting others. What he's talking about is in-game currency. Thanks in advance.
You don't have what it takes to invite anyone.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Sure they will, and rightly so. I and others already have lodged such complaints earlier in this thread.

If for you a version without multiplayer is a neutered version, then it seems to me that GOG is not your game shop. There you have Steam, Origin, UPlay, among others. I don't know why some gamers are so obsessed with all this multiplayer, LAN, etc. stuff. It seems to me that they are asking too much from a title that was released in 2011 with an engine that is owned by Valve and was designed for STEAM. If they want the multiplayer options on Steam you'll find them. It's as simple as that. For me to see a title like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on GOG after a decade is a very welcome and appreciated miracle. It's very rare to see nowadays. And I'm looking forward to one day seeing the single-player version of Half-Life 2 on GOG, or the neutered version as you call it. And on that day I will also celebrate with great joy.
Post edited November 11, 2021 by UCrest
soosgjr: Not sure why they disabled the LAN options, we got two clients connected just fine using the standard Source Engine console commands. They also seem to have included some dedicated server batch files in the installer. Maybe it's too unstable or finicky to be marketed as a selling point?
Blastprocessor42: I hope that means there's a chance that GOG will patch the LAN back in.
I understand not having online multiplayer, but I'd like to have LAN in the game before I buy it.
I doubt they will, considering how it was advertised. That said, the LAN play seems functional enough already as it is, you just have to start it through the console without the UI, similar to the Doom 3 situation. Apparently that's something that sometimes required even by the Steam version. I just wasn't able to test how stable it is, as our second PC only has a GT 220 or something like that in it, and this game's a bit too much for it, we didn't even finish the tutorial.
Post edited November 11, 2021 by soosgjr
UCrest: If for you a version without multiplayer is a neutered version, then it seems to me that GOG is not your game shop. There you have Steam, Origin, UPlay, among others. I don't know why some gamers are so obsessed with all this multiplayer, LAN, etc. stuff. It seems to me that they are asking too much from a title that was released in 2011 with an engine that is owned by Valve and was designed for STEAM. If they want the multiplayer options on Steam you'll find them. It's as simple as that. For me to see a title like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on GOG after a decade is a very welcome and appreciated miracle.
I think the same.

UCrest: If for you a version without multiplayer is a neutered version, then it seems to me that GOG is not your game shop. There you have Steam, Origin, UPlay, among others. I don't know why some gamers are so obsessed with all this multiplayer, LAN, etc. stuff. It seems to me that they are asking too much from a title that was released in 2011 with an engine that is owned by Valve and was designed for STEAM. If they want the multiplayer options on Steam you'll find them. It's as simple as that. For me to see a title like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on GOG after a decade is a very welcome and appreciated miracle. It's very rare to see nowadays. And I'm looking forward to one day seeing the single-player version of Half-Life 2 on GOG, or the neutered version as you call it. And on that day I will also celebrate with great joy.
Can we stop pushing the idea that GOG is the dumping ground or graveyard for games?

If even GOG users perpetuate this association of ideas, I'm not surprised that even developers and publishers treat us the way they do, since we play the part of bums who pick up every piece of trash in worship of the supreme masters who deign to give us their scraps.
UCrest: If for you a version without multiplayer is a neutered version, then it seems to me that GOG is not your game shop. There you have Steam, Origin, UPlay, among others. I don't know why some gamers are so obsessed with all this multiplayer, LAN, etc. stuff. It seems to me that they are asking too much from a title that was released in 2011 with an engine that is owned by Valve and was designed for STEAM. If they want the multiplayer options on Steam you'll find them. It's as simple as that. For me to see a title like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy on GOG after a decade is a very welcome and appreciated miracle. It's very rare to see nowadays. And I'm looking forward to one day seeing the single-player version of Half-Life 2 on GOG, or the neutered version as you call it. And on that day I will also celebrate with great joy.
Alexim: Can we stop pushing the idea that GOG is the dumping ground or graveyard for games?

If even GOG users perpetuate this association of ideas, I'm not surprised that even developers and publishers treat us the way they do, since we play the part of bums who pick up every piece of trash in worship of the supreme masters who deign to give us their scraps.
You twist the words of your colleague. You are treated the way you look. If you think you are a bum you will be treated like a bum. Drop the victimhood. GOG is the place for old games and why not a platform for new release classics for the pc.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: ...
GOG does not have the massive Steam-like userbase, income, etc. to get devs and pubs to bother implementing this, so personally I'm okay with just single-player and buying at a nice discount.

If you desperately want Steam-like features, buy on Steam.

But at this point we'll almost certainly never convince each other to change our opinions. I just hope GOG releases Serious Sam 2 and 3 and Dead Island (at nice initial discounts) even if multiplayer is cut.

Yeah, it should have those things. But I'm still happy it's here.
high rated
tfishell: If you desperately want Steam-like features, buy on Steam.
In what world is basic LAN play a Steam-like feature? If anything that's the opposite of a Steam-like feature.
Everything multiplayer on PC used to have LAN modes before Steam got the vendor lock-in ball rolling with Steamworks.
tfishell: If you desperately want Steam-like features, buy on Steam.
Blastprocessor42: In what world is basic LAN play a Steam-like feature? If anything that's the opposite of a Steam-like feature.
Everything multiplayer on PC used to have LAN modes before Steam got the vendor lock-in ball rolling with Steamworks.
wasn't speaking specifically of LAN, though some have suggested EYE's was tied to a Steam library. (Ancient-Red-Dragon often complains about lack of feature parity especially Galaxy achievements)

If some people want to complain about this or boycott over it, okay, but I and others who choose not to are not obligated to of course.