It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover delightful towns, strange creatures, and even stranger people at the same time wielding a trusty frying pan and mystic powers on an adventure into the unknown. Eastward is now available on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Alright.
Seeing that it's also blocked in Taiwan, it seems rather an issue with some exclusive distribution rights for the Chinese market, rather than a censorship thing.
Aside from achievements and region lock: some words on the battle system? How is saving done (checkpoints?)??
I like the art style. Wishlisted.
thefallenalchemist: Kinda worried if I should have bought this, seeing as China just threatened WW3 and it could be seen as funding the enemy. I like the game, but I live in the states and I dunno how they feel about me giving money to China right now considering recent events. Am I just paranoid or should I refund the thing?
Pixpil is an indie developer. Just because it is based in China doesn't mean it has ties to the government.
MacCraigus: Interesting - there is a skeleton-ish creature (47 secs into the trailer) but usually Chinese censors are pretty intolerant of this. Since this is a Shanghai based dev, wondering if this is made purely for the western market? Can't imagine restrictions are softening after the 3 hour weekly limit recently placed on gaming over there
Funny how China keep cracking down on more and more things. Like recently they ban effiminate men in their entertainment industry. Their censorship is getting more and more ridiculous
thefallenalchemist: Kinda worried if I should have bought this, seeing as China just threatened WW3 and it could be seen as funding the enemy. I like the game, but I live in the states and I dunno how they feel about me giving money to China right now considering recent events. Am I just paranoid or should I refund the thing?
SpaceMadness: Pixpil is an indie developer. Just because it is based in China doesn't mean it has ties to the government.
Everything based in China has ties to the govt, or at very least, is answerable directly to it. Just ask Jack Ma. Sorry but being indie does not make them above the law/authorities.
MacCraigus: Interesting - there is a skeleton-ish creature (47 secs into the trailer) but usually Chinese censors are pretty intolerant of this. Since this is a Shanghai based dev, wondering if this is made purely for the western market? Can't imagine restrictions are softening after the 3 hour weekly limit recently placed on gaming over there
RedRagan: Funny how China keep cracking down on more and more things. Like recently they ban effiminate men in their entertainment industry. Their censorship is getting more and more ridiculous
Yes, but as you can imagine some things are over-reported in western media while other things go under-reported. None of my family are too fussed about people not emulating k-pop idols (except one Auntie!) but the younger ones are pretty livid over the gaming restrictions.
Hmm, I looked this one up because it sounded pretty strange.

https://www.techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom

It sounds like it's much more common to censor skeletons in Chinese versions of western games than it is Chinese games. I guess we'll need to hear first hand from a Chinese person buying the Chinese version to know for sure.
Come on man, go to pretty any physical store and you'll find things made in China. Why would anyone single you out for buying a computer game when people are mass-importing merchandise from China? If you want to refund it for moral reasons you can of course do so, but if you think you're going to get in trouble with the US government that's definitely paranoia. As others have said, it's just an indie developer.
Post edited September 21, 2021 by my name is supyreor catte
RedRagan: Funny how China keep cracking down on more and more things. Like recently they ban effiminate men in their entertainment industry. Their censorship is getting more and more ridiculous
MacCraigus: Yes, but as you can imagine some things are over-reported in western media while other things go under-reported. None of my family are too fussed about people not emulating k-pop idols (except one Auntie!) but the younger ones are pretty livid over the gaming restrictions.
Oh yeah gaming restriction. It just ridiculous how they turned into nanny state. Also just because not many care about effiminate men I'm just pointing out how there's no freedom in choosing what entertainment they want to consume.
GOG version not updated?
my name is supyreor catte: Hmm, I looked this one up because it sounded pretty strange.

https://www.techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom

It sounds like it's much more common to censor skeletons in Chinese versions of western games than it is Chinese games. I guess we'll need to hear first hand from a Chinese person buying the Chinese version to know for sure.
my name is supyreor catte: Come on man, go to pretty any physical store and you'll find things made in China. Why would anyone single you out for buying a computer game when people are mass-importing merchandise from China? If you want to refund it for moral reasons you can of course do so, but if you think you're going to get in trouble with the US government that's definitely paranoia. As others have said, it's just an indie developer.
Right, right. Considering I have a Chinese companion doll I guess I shouldn't be too worried about it. I have no idea what I was thinking that night. Thanks for talking sense into me.