It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
ElTerprise: Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous, GOG. Could you please make up your mind before putting an indexed game on sale instead of allowing first and then removing it - is that too much to ask?
i´d say it´s Techland that said "we forgot to meantion, we want a region lock for the german IP´s".
Funny thing is they CAN distribute the game here on gog without any consequences, but oh well, guess nobody has the time to get any information regarding regulations and laws. :P
Reminder for people who now cannot buy this game, nor add it to their wishlist, but still want others to know that they would love to have it gifted to them:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/for_germans_australians_and_others_wishlist_extensions
NuffCatnip: i´d say it´s Techland that said "we forgot to meantion, we want a region lock for the german IP´s".
Funny thing is they CAN distribute the game here on gog without any consequences, but oh well, guess nobody has the time to get any information regarding regulations and laws. :P
It's odd because as i mentioned above, Techland decided against a region lock for Dead Island Definitive Edtion. I'm surprised about that inconsistency and GOG is usually more liberal when it comes to indexed games than other stores...
Post edited March 18, 2016 by ElTerprise
OMG! I'm in awe Gog.. truly am.
There's info in the original post:

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm very sad. :(
Nergal01: Heh, yeah. A part of me is kinda annoyed that I didn't buy DL two days ago. Then again, 41 € is no sum that I can throw around on a whim for a game that I have a casual interest in, at best.

Sucks that it has to be this way, though.
ElTerprise: Exactly the same here...
Same here, as well. Wasn't interested enough to buy it at release price, but it was still nice to have the option to pick it up some time in the future. I guess now I won't.
Johny.: There's info in the original post:

Editing the announcement doesn't count as a response.

Any reasons? Do I have to report to the ministry of corrections since I already got the game and installer?
CharlesGrey: Same here, as well. Wasn't interested enough to buy it at release price, but it was still nice to have the option to pick it up some time in the future. I guess now I won't.
Exactly - i thought about getting it in a future sale but i don't have care about that anymore....

Well not entirely beyond your control. Its not against the law to sell indexed games - you only have to make sure that the customer is at least 18 years old.
CharlesGrey: Same here, as well. Wasn't interested enough to buy it at release price, but it was still nice to have the option to pick it up some time in the future. I guess now I won't.
ElTerprise: Exactly - i thought about getting it in a future sale but i don't have care about that anymore....

ElTerprise: Well not entirely beyond your control. Its not against the law to sell indexed games - you only have to make sure that the customer is at least 18 years old.
Seems like it's too much effort. Even Steam doesn't and look at how much money they're making.

And what about the Linux version of this game?
Is the release of the Linux version of Dying Light against the German law too? ¬¬
I hope this is not going to happen to other titles as well. :/

Why don't you tell the truth that Techland ordered you to do this? There are other legal restrictions which would occur for GOG if GOG would really care about German youth protection laws. In other words the gaming catalog would be a bit... small.
Post edited March 18, 2016 by DanTheKraut
omega64: Seems like it's too much effort. Even Steam doesn't and look at how much money they're making.
Well implementing an age verification system costs money - blocking is cheaper....

Digital_CHE: And what about the Linux version of this game?
Is the release of the Linux version of Dying Light against the German law too? ¬¬
+1 to this; can anyone from GOG or Techland please tell us why the Linux version isn't included here? Is it because of Galaxy not being available for Linux yet (and if so, then why not release the Linux version with Galaxy features disabled until the Linux Galaxy client is ready)?