It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
no LNX release, another game better to be bought on Steam than on GOG which sells only the lazy windows version.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by sixsixfive
mobutu: Are you sure you're comparing the complete version (basegame+expansion+4*dlcs)?
Niggles: https://ebgames.com.au/pc-214704-Dying-Light-The-Following---Enhanced-Edition-PC
Maybe the new exchange rate helps a little bit?
I am not into zombie shooters but it makes me happy to see a "meatier" post-2013 game released on GOG :).
sixsixfive: no LNX release, another game better to be bought on Steam than on GOG which sells only the lazy windows version.
Well, maintaining different releases of a game can be difficult. And in the end the decision is made by the Publisher/Developer.
And as it has been said a few times, the AoW3 Dev stated that the sales from GOG are not enough to go out and make a Linux version for GOG.

Here's the post: http://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/discussions/0/540736965894462634/#c611703999967821455
I can very well imagine that it is for mostly the same reason that we don't get Dying Lights Linux version here.
But a comment from a dev or someone from GOG would be nice nonetheless.
this games says multiplayer via galaxy only. but this game has LAN (atleast the steam version). what's gog's policy on lan? is it galaxy based or not? thanks
high rated
timmy010: this games says multiplayer via galaxy only. but this game has LAN (atleast the steam version). what's gog's policy on lan? is it galaxy based or not? thanks
I tested this. Online Multiplayer works only with Galaxy. LAN play I did without Galaxy this morning. Worked for me. And I assume with a tunneling tool (Hamachi, etc) you could use this functionality to play online without Galaxy, too.
jalister: It's sad that Steam fights harder for Linux than GOG does. Maybe it's just that Steam may have more support for Linux. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any communication from GOG that a Linux version is in the works on any previous release missing the existing Linux version.
Yeshu: It all depends on the developer not the distributor.
Based on a thread for Metro, GOG stated that GOG is having the problem getting it done. I can't search for the post right now. Besides, the distributor can be the deciding factor. Humle Indie Bundles are a great example. If Galaxy is the hold up, then that ball is in GOG's hands.
8BitChris: I tested this. Online Multiplayer works only with Galaxy. LAN play I did without Galaxy this morning. Worked for me. And I assume with a tunneling tool (Hamachi, etc) you could use this functionality to play online without Galaxy, too.
thank you. dying light on gog, drm-free has just blown my mind. :-)
Gateway2006: This there some way we can tell them that we would be happy to buy it if Linux port happens?
tfishell: Techland has a contact form and I've been able to get in touch in the past: http://company.techland.pl/contact
It seems like both their homepage and the contact form is unreachable, but their mail address and customer service is worth a try.

Techland Customer Service Email Address: support@techland.pl

Techland Customer Service Phone Numbers:

US +1 347 836 9942
Uk +44 20 3514 3313
Denmark +45 7 8733115
Finland +358 9 42450125
Sweden +46 8 44685157
Holland +31 85 8881529
USA +1 347 836 9942
Italy +39 06 94800011
Spain +34 91 1980489
Belgium +32 2 8084240
Austria 43720884300
Asrashas: And as it has been said a few times, the AoW3 Dev stated that the sales from GOG are not enough to go out and make a Linux version for GOG.
sorry but this is bullshit, Linux will never grow here if there arent any linux games published.

And with every game you buy on steam the chance is highter that you completly ignore other stores like GOG since steam is the only store that serves you and the ammount of money that you invested in your library over time becomes at any point too high to let you abandon your steam account.
mrkgnao: It's because it costs less in Italy than in the US.
CharlesGrey: I think that's why he's complaining. He wanted to pay the same price as US customers. It's just not fair otherwise. XD

What's the Italian price anyway?
Same as the German: full price is $55.69 instead of $59.99, discounted price is $46.39 instead of $49.79.
Asrashas: And as it has been said a few times, the AoW3 Dev stated that the sales from GOG are not enough to go out and make a Linux version for GOG.
sixsixfive: sorry but this is bullshit, Linux will never grow here if there arent any linux games published.
Linux will never grow here if all there is are 65 persons actually asking for a linux version of Dying Light.
See for yourself https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/linux_version_of_dying_light practically nobody seems to care.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a linux version of DL and other games, I voted for that request too. But with so few people caring enough to even vote for it I can totally see why nobody would bother investing in releasing and maintaining a Linux version here.

But it is also a bit of a self reinforcing cycle: No games get released for linux -> nobody switches to linux -> linux is not big enough of a market to maintain a version for -> back to the beginning.
Asrashas: Linux will never grow here if all there is are 65 persons actually asking for a linux version of Dying Light.
Also the voting on GOG might be not the best developed side feature on GOG - infact it sucks badly! the most people don't even now that they can vote, and even people like me who know that this feature exist use it not very very ofen due its terrible interface, no sorting/filter and basically everything else that would make sense.
Good release. On the subject on the Linux version, the simple answer is basically economics. Sure linux users are pretty loud on the forums but I would guess they make up just a fraction of the GoG userbase as a whole. Considering the multiplayer is baked into Galaxy and Galaxy only supports windows at this time, it makes sense why there is no linux version. The dev isn't going to go out of their way to provide a linux build where multiplayer is separate from Galaxy in fact I'd guess it's part of the contract with GoG that Galaxy implementation must be included for multiplayer. Honestly the fault in the end goes a little bit on GoG. Not for not having a linux release, but release and promoting Galaxy as they have while it has major features missing from it. You give the dev no choice but to only provide you with a windows build when your multiplayer infrastructure is limited as it is.

It's ironic that in a DRM-Free store that at one time disavowed it'self from clients, it is a client that has a direct impact on what does and does not get released here, especially where it concerns newer, AAA titles.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by synfresh
synfresh: Good release. On the subject on the Linux version, the simple answer is basically economics. Sure linux users are pretty loud on the forums but I would guess they make up just a fraction of the GoG userbase as a whole. Considering the multiplayer is baked into Galaxy and Galaxy only supports windows at this time, it makes sense why there is no linux version. The dev isn't going to go out of their way to provide a linux build where multiplayer is separate from Galaxy in fact I'd guess it's part of the contract with GoG that Galaxy implementation must be included for multiplayer. Honestly the fault in the end goes a little bit on GoG. Not for not having a linux release, but release and promoting Galaxy as they have while it has major features missing from it. You give the dev no choice but to only provide you with a windows build when your multiplayer infrastructure is limited as it is.
Yup, happened with crypt of the necrodancer, dev wanted to wait to release the Linux build here until Galaxy release.
Took out leaderboards and released it anyway due to outrage.