It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brawn, brains, persistent blood stains.

<span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span>, the definitive package for the open-world, free-running zombie survival sensation, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com with GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements and leaderboards, and a 17% launch discount.

As the light is dying, so are your chances of survival. A mysterious outbreak has turned a city's population into running, flesh-eating killers who grow severely more aggressive at night. You are also turned into a runner when your mission to retrieve some sensitive documents from the hopelessly infested city of Harran goes awry. Some people speak of a cure, some worship an aloof, self-proclaimed savior, and others fight each other for supplies or territory control. But all of them have one thing in common: they are constantly on the run.

Master the flow of your swift parkour moves and your weapon-wielding skills in order to stay alive. During the day the infected are less energetic, relying on their numbers to gang-up on you before you can scale the nearby building, overrun them with a buggy, or club them to death with your makeshift destructible weapons. But when darkness falls, the tables are turned: your enemies grow stronger, bolder, and terrifyingly more agile while unspeakable horrors crawl out of their daytime hibernation. Don't get followed or you may not live to see daybreak ever again.

Outmaneuver the flesh-eating hordes and escape your nocturnal pursuers before the <span class="bold">Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition</span> wanes completely, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 17% launch discount will last until March 23, 1:59 PM GMT.

The game is not available for purchase in Germany. There are legal restrictions that are beyond our control, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience.

Twitch alert

Want to see people desperately running away from the infected hordes? Tune in on Twitch.tv/GOGcom and watch Memoriesin8bit and Outstar's co-op stream this Wednesday, March 16, at 9 PM GMT / 4 PM EST / 22:00 CET / 1 PM PST.
Niggles: Have to admit parkouring isnt my thing (i didnt like Mirrors Edge at all - not sure why ppl raved about it) -- how much of the game is running around doing that vs actual fighting, other stuff in the game?
Fenixp: I'll make it simple for you - if you don't like parkouring in Mirror's Edge, don't play this game. It's the primary method of movement around the city and staying too long on the ground will slow you down and zombies will eventually swarm and exhaust you. You're very much supposed to stay on rooftops and leap from structure to structure - in the base game at any rate. And since that's the primary movement system, it's what you'll do 80% of the time.
thanks. will have to mull over it.
I'm getting tired of this new GOG trend: no Linux versions when they already exist.
I would expect more from a game store that 'embraces DRM-free'. But well, the *ahem* *principles* were dropped a long time ago.
And if you can't do it for acceptable reasons, why do you insist in not being open-communication about it?

My hours and money spent here are dwindling day by day.
Pos1: Great, will there be crossplay between GOG Galaxy and Steam? I wonder if Steam is able to prevent that digitally...
mcneil_1: I wonder if the crossplay maybe a bit problematic - looking at the steam store page the steam version has VAC (not sure how gog galaxyl handles crossplay between Valve Anti Cheat servers)
In order for a game to have cross play, a dev has to strip out the Steam stuff for online play and hook the game into GOG's servers. Meaning that both Steam and GOG players are technically playing on GOG. So I doubt VAC would even be possible by doing that. Not sure.

It's also extra work, because now the Steam version would need to be modified.
XyleDaylight: Optional client?

It's required for the multiplayer. What a joke! DRM free my butt. Also good job not including the Linux version. I'm out of here.
Adios, nobody will miss you.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by BKGaming
Pos1: Great, will there be crossplay between GOG Galaxy and Steam? I wonder if Steam is able to prevent that digitally...
mcneil_1: I wonder if the crossplay maybe a bit problematic - looking at the steam store page the steam version has VAC (not sure how gog galaxyl handles crossplay between Valve Anti Cheat servers)
Hm, you obviously misunderstand what crossplay is. Crossplay in gogs dictionary is a copy of former gamespy service which means that devs have to use gog servers and its matchmaking software for gog users and steam users. So for that to work the devs would have to discontinue their steam servers and existing matchmaking software and migrate to gog crossplay servers. Not going to happen.

It's required for the multiplayer.
That was mentioned from the very start of Galaxy. Galaxy will never be required for the single portion of any game, though multiplayer may require it.
Awesome! instabuy for me.

Thank you!
low rated

It's required for the multiplayer.
JMich: That was mentioned from the very start of Galaxy. Galaxy will never be required for the single portion of any game, though multiplayer may require it.
I don't care about Galaxy or what it has promised. All it does is pop up in my face advertising its self every time I check my library even though it has no Linux support. All I care about is DRM freedom in my video games. A promise by GOG way before galaxy. A standard I thought would be held up here forever as a niche that I don't see anyone else catering to. Galaxy was supposed to be something I could completely ignore. Apparently not.

BKGaming: Adios, nobody will miss you.
Except my money, of course. But I guess DRM-free enthusiast's money is not the target demographic anymore on GOG. Have fun with the DRM.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by XyleDaylight
XyleDaylight: Except my money, of course. But I guess DRM-free enthusiast's money is not the target demographic anymore on GOG. Have fun with the DRM.
Then I guess DRM has been around here for years... because GOG has been selling games with cd keys and third party accounts for MP since long before Galaxy.

Not that I believe this to be DRM or anything...
Matruchus: I don't know it just seems to me that gog dropped support for Linux.
jalister: I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not buying if an available Linux version is missing. Well, I might buy if something I really want drops to a ridiculously low price. Take this title for example... Without a Linux version I may consider a purchase after it drops to $20 and goes on sale for 75% off. My backlog is huge, so I no longer feel the need to buy games right away unless there is a particular reason I decide to.
Im personally just sick of being a third class buyer here if I prefer Linux to other platforms. I will definitely buy the game when it gets down to 75% off. I mean its already discounted to 50% off on Steam (20$) all the time so that 17% release discount is more or less a joke. Eitherway, I guess gogs Linux chapter is coming to a close slowly.
XyleDaylight: I don't care about Galaxy or what it has promised. All it does is pop up in my face advertising its self every time I check my library even though it has no Linux support. All I care about is DRM freedom in my video games. A promise by GOG way before galaxy. A standard I thought would be held up here forever as a niche that I don't see anyone else catering to. Galaxy was supposed to be something I could completely ignore. Apparently not.
And how exactly does it change anything compared as before ?

Before : You had the game DRM-free for the single player part. For the multiplayer it depended of the game and whenever or not it had a LAN option.

Today if you don't use Galaxy; You have the game DRM-free for the single player part. For the multiplayer it depends of the game and whenever or not it has a LAN option.

The only difference is that, for certain games, if it support Galaxy you might have an extra option to play multiplayer using it. If you don't care about Galaxy nothing have changed.
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Gersen
The developer tools out there on gog.com you?
Cool. Another game freed from the clutches of DRM. Be free games.
sorry double post galaxy bug
Post edited March 17, 2016 by Lukin86
+++ for the linux variant:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/linux_version_of_dying_light
high rated
Oh noes! Online multiplayer requires internet! Clearly this is some kind of conspiracy! Why can't we use telepathy like in the old days?

On a more serious note: cool release!