It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fantastic Beasts And How to Slay Them.

<span class="bold">Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen</span>, the monster-hunting epic that keeps challenging you with dynamic encounters, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount.

Tackling monsters shouldn't be just a roadblock in your epic adventure - it should be the very essence of it. In this massive open-world RPG every fight is its own reward thanks to the dynamic mechanics and deep customization. Train and upgrade your A.I. controlled pawns to fight alongside you or share them online with other adventurers and get rewarded for their exploits.

The 60% discount will last until June 20, 1PM UTC.

NOTE: The game comes with full GOG Galaxy support including Cloud saves, leaderboards, and achievements. Additionally, both the Pawn system and Ur Dragon work exactly as in the Steam version. Keep in mind, however, that the GOG Galaxy servers are separate from the Steam ones, meaning that this is a fresh start.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited June 05, 2017 by maladr0Id
high rated
This is exactly the kind of games I want to see more on GOG! A few years old AAA titles.

I'm so happy GOG expanded their business also to newer games, even though some kept complaining they should concentrate in decades old games only. :)
robertgg: Does it come with the Galaxy DRM client ?
cemacar: It's optional.

If you want leaderboards, multiplayer pawns, achievements, cloudsaves yes galaxy is needed.
I think he means does this have the galaxy installer bundled in with the game. At the current moment it should not, they went back to classic installers until they could decide on best way forward, hence this should not - and I haven't checked - contain the Galaxy installer, although I will contain galaxy dlls for integration with the client (i.e. hooks for achievements and things) but that doesn't affect the non galaxy play. Please anyone shout if they have tested and found this not to be the case.
robertgg: Does it come with the Galaxy DRM client ?

If you want leaderboards, multiplayer pawns, achievements, cloudsaves yes galaxy is needed.
Multiplayer pawns and leaderboards are controlled by Capcom servers. Galaxy is not needed for those, only for achievements and cloud saves.
Very nice release... thanks GOG/Capcom. Bought.

nightcraw1er.488: I think he means does this have the galaxy installer bundled in with the game. At the current moment it should not, they went back to classic installers until they could decide on best way forward, hence this should not - and I haven't checked - contain the Galaxy installer, although I will contain galaxy dlls for integration with the client (i.e. hooks for achievements and things) but that doesn't affect the non galaxy play. Please anyone shout if they have tested and found this not to be the case.
Should have clarified that. That was what I meant. As long as Galaxy is not an "opt-out" i will most likely pick up the game.. If Galaxy is (or will be) a feature in the installers then I am not going anywhere near it.
Can you hear that high pitched screech...?
That's the dragons' calling... or my wallet :)

Never thought I'd buy 4 new releases in a row - keep it up GOG!
And thanks Capcom.

Hickory: Multiplayer pawns and leaderboards are controlled by Capcom servers. Galaxy is not needed for those, only for achievements and cloud saves.
GoG said servers are seperate from Steam ones.
Attachments:
proof.png (39 Kb)
OdanUrr: I know it's a different publisher but, how long do you recon before the likes of Bayonetta and Vanquish make their way here?
I'd love to see SEGA here, but they have serious control issues. There is a line in their EULA that always makes me smirk.

SEGA does not recognize the transfer of the Game Software.
Putting aside the legal confusion regarding consumer software license ownership, just the phrase "does not recognize" really annoys me.

Personally I Recognise their EULA isn't worth the paper its not written on.
Hickory: Multiplayer pawns and leaderboards are controlled by Capcom servers. Galaxy is not needed for those, only for achievements and cloud saves.
cemacar: GoG said servers are seperate from Steam ones.
Galaxy and Steam servers have NOTHING to do with multiplayer pawns and leaderboards. I repeat, those are controlled entirely by Capcom. Read that GOG reply again:
"The pawn system and Ur Dragon both work exactly as in the Steam version", meaning they are controlled by Capcom.
cemacar: Can someone upload Dragon's Dogma's exe to https://www.virustotal.com/
And share the link over here?
nightcraw1er.488: Why? GOG should be safe?
I know it's %100 virus but I want to see info of pe/details.
high rated
timppu: This is exactly the kind of games I want to see more on GOG! A few years old AAA titles.

I'm so happy GOG expanded their business also to newer games, even though some kept complaining they should concentrate in decades old games only. :)
GoG have been trying to get newer games for years. Its not a lack of effort or want from GoG, rather the continued effort in breaking down the resistance from the publishers,
Wolves travel in?

A: Schools
B: Packs
C: Flocks
Hickory: Galaxy and Steam servers have NOTHING to do with multiplayer pawns and leaderboards. I repeat, those are controlled entirely by Capcom. Read that GOG reply again:
"The pawn system and Ur Dragon both work exactly as in the Steam version", meaning they are controlled by Capcom.
That is incorrect. Multiplayer aspect is also handled by Galaxy. What Paczyk meant was that the same functionality that is present in Steam build is also available in ours.
TomNook: Wolves travel in?

A: Schools
B: Packs
C: Flocks
Obviously flocks since they are actually sheep that skinned the wolves and are using their pelts for protection.

Thiev: That is incorrect. Multiplayer aspect is also handled by Galaxy. What Paczyk meant was that the same functionality that is present in Steam build is also available in ours.
What about this question: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_dragons_dogma_dark_arisen_b55ac/post103
Post edited June 05, 2017 by Matruchus
Thiev: That is incorrect. Multiplayer aspect is also handled by Galaxy. What Paczyk meant was that the same functionality that is present in Steam build is also available in ours.
Wait, what? So you need Galaxy to hire pawn? I have just bought this game from GOG for no reason?