It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The most entertaining way to destroy a friendship.

Double Dragon Trilogy , a grand return of the co-op beat 'em up that revolutionised arcade gaming in one swift kick, is right here on GOG.com - DRM-free, with an online two-player cooperative mode via GOG Galaxy, and 20% off for the first week!

Way back when Double Dragon first came to arcade cabinets, beat 'em ups were still in their infancy. Double Dragon pioneered the most fun way to destroy friendships with its revolutionary co-op campaign and equippable weapons, shaking up the genre and spawning two equally awesome sequels.

The Double Dragon Trilogy includes all three original arcade games, ready to fight on modern systems:
Double Dragon
Double Dragon 2: The Revenge
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone

If you've been following our various shenanigans, you'll get why we're so excited to have Double Dragon Trilogy join the ranks of Alien vs. Predator Classic 2000 and The Witcher Adventure Game: it's the third multiplayer title to be powered by GOG Galaxy! Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers are now able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies.

We're celebrating with a special event - a true test of resolve, skill, and strength: The Double Dragon Speedrun Contest. Check out all the contest details, then show us what you've got!

May your fists strike double-fast with the Double Dragon Trilogy, with an online two-player co-op via GOG Galaxy, and DRM-Free on GOG.com! The special -20% release discount will last for one week, until Thursday, January 22 at 4:59 GMT.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Konrad
adaliabooks: It's funny.. I'm sure I played Double Dragon on NES (I definitely remember the name) but the game doesn't look anything like what I remember...

Nice release, not for me though. All I remember of the NES version is playing Co Op with my brother until one of us accidentally hit the other during a fight and it would devolve into a brawl between the pair of us... I don't think we ever got much further than the second stage (if we even managed that)
It actually plays different from the NES version :) In the NES version weapons dropped by enemies were disposed of after you got done with a section of the level whereas this version allows you to pick up a weapon and use it throughout the entire level.

Also, I think the arcade version lacks the ability to attack one's opponents while they are down unlike the NES version.

Yes, I played the NES version, why do you ask? :P
JudasIscariot: Also, I think the arcade version lacks the ability to attack one's opponents while they are down unlike the NES version.
F4LL0UT: Wow. The opposite of what one would expect. Thug Life Nintendo.
Yeah there was this attack you could do where you kind of sit on the prone opponent and punch him in the face.

Oh and the arcade version has an even nastier final level as far as Double Dragon 1 is concerned and it's on par with the Nintendo version although just a tad different :D
budejovice: Is the single-player in this fully fleshed out or should I avoid it if I have no intention to play multiplayer?

Is there a standalone download that I can access via my browser that won't phone home when I attempt to install or start up? Because that hasn't been the case with previous Galaxy releases.
There is a standard installer for the game that is accessible via your browser as always.

The single player is basically the same as the multiplayer minus one person.
JudasIscariot: There is a standard installer for the game that is accessible via your browser as always.
F4LL0UT: Oh yeah, one more question: crossplay does not work yet, right? I'm asking because most of my buddies are much more likely to buy the game on Steam (while I'm obviously inclined to get the GOG version).
I'll just quote the newspost :)

" it'll be the third multiplayer title to be powered by GOG Galaxy! Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers will be able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies. "
JudasIscariot: " it'll be the third multiplayer title to be powered by GOG Galaxy! Thanks to the cross-play feature of GOG Galaxy, GOG.com gamers will be able to double up for a beat down with their Steam friends and frenemies. "
F4LL0UT: It says "will be", that's why I wasn't sure. You may want to make it "are" if it actually already works. :p
Galaxy isn't out yet (as in: actually out, not going through alpha/beta/gamma/delta of testing), so it WILL have crossplay once Galaxy is out :D
F4LL0UT: It says "will be", that's why I wasn't sure. You may want to make it "are" if it actually already works. :p
A quick fix, why not! The wording should be much less ambiguous now.
Cross-play with Steam is live right now for Double Dragon Trilogy, so you're good to go ahead and give it a shot. :)

The Galaxy client is not released yet, but that's a mostly unrelated story.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Konrad
Tekkaman-James: The info page for the game say there is keyboard and controller support.
Kamikave: Forgive me if I'm blind, but I don't see it. All I read is :
Genre:
Action - Arcade - Combat
Fonctionne sur :
Windows (Vista, 7, 8)
Langues :
Texte uniquement: 中文, Deutsch, English, español, français, italiano, 日本語, 한국어, português, русский
Modes :
Solo - Multijoueur
Sorti le :
15 janvier 2015
Taille :
119.9 MB
Éditeur :
DotEmu / DotEmu

Configuration minimale requise - Windows: Windows Vista, 7, 8
Processor: Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
Memory: 1GB
Disk space: 500 MB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

No mention of any pad... I already reported the problem to GoG, but they ignored me. Well, I won't buy anything that is not explicitly x360pad compatible. You should spread the word !
Check the English card in about 10 minutes :)