It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A cabin in the woods, how charming!

Don't Starve, a wilderness survival sandbox game with many original ideas, item crafting, and remarkable visuals, is available 20% off on GOG.com. That's only $11.99 for the first two weeks!

Don't Starve is a game focusing on your wilderness survival skill. Cast in the middle of unwelcoming wild you will need to learn to take care of yourself without all the commodities and luxuries that our civilization provides. It's back to the basics! You need to gather supplies, hunt, avoid dangers, and learn how to make a living in the harsh realm that became your new home. When you're alone in the woods death can come to you in many different ways. A simple cut might prove to be just as dangerous as a forest fire. But your most lethal and persistent enemy is hunger. What am I going to eat today--that's going to be your first thought every day. You might be reduced to gnawing on tree-bark, but whatever it takes: Don't Starve. Who knows, if you live long enough, you might even discover the dark secrets, hidden away from human sight, where no man dares to go.

Get your basic survival gear and a one-way ticket to the middle of nowhere, for only $11.99 on GOG.com, and once you get there remember: Don't Starve! The release special offer lasts for two weeks, that is until Tuesday, May 7, at 12:59AM GMT.
Damn it. Damn it to hell. This game is tough :-O

Seriously--"Don't Starve"? You just had to rub it in, didn't you, devs? It's like calling Tetris "Don't let the well fill" or Doom "Don't let the Hell break loose". Urgh.
Nice game. Next Game from Klei should be Mark of the Ninja. Pleeeeeeease.
pbnjoe: Agh... I wish I would've bought off the main site now, instead of steam (I had no idea it'd ever come on here and I had no want of it on Chrome), as I'd own a copy on here now as well. That's what I get for buying at 2 in the morning...

Sadly, I love the game, but not enough to purchase it again.
You won't get a copy here, but you can activate the Steam key for the Chrome and HumbleStore copies. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?16636-How-Keys-Work-Post-Launch
Post edited April 23, 2013 by Gazoinks
pbnjoe: Agh... I wish I would've bought off the main site now, instead of steam (I had no idea it'd ever come on here and I had no want of it on Chrome), as I'd own a copy on here now as well. That's what I get for buying at 2 in the morning...

Sadly, I love the game, but not enough to purchase it again.
I bought the game from the devs about two weeks ago. I checked a little while ago, and I still don't seem to have a GOG key on my humble page. Along with two Steam and two Chrome keys, it did come with a standalone download as well, so I don't really need a GOG copy. Plus, GOG doesn't like Linux, so I'm better off downloading it through the Humble Store or Steam anyway. One of the main reasons I don't really bother with GOG for indie titles. Plus, I got some neat TF2 stuff, so there's that.

As for Don't Starve, it's fun. It can get old pretty quickly, but I've been enjoying it.
Game is hella fun, glad to get it off GOG for cheaper than Steam.
Sounds like a fun game.
Will definitely try it sometime in the future :)
G-Doc: Damn it. Damn it to hell. This game is tough :-O

Seriously--"Don't Starve"? You just had to rub it in, didn't you, devs? It's like calling Tetris "Don't let the well fill" or Doom "Don't let the Hell break loose". Urgh.
Someone has yet to make it to day 10, I see :D
DCT: Look I wasn't singling anyone out but rather making a blanket statement that people will complain no matter what.
But to be fair it is annoying seeing posts like that every time. No offense but It gets old.
Fair enough.
Tried the demo on Chrome last night. Looks interesting (if colours are kinda bland :P)
G-Doc: Damn it. Damn it to hell. This game is tough :-O

JudasIscariot: Someone has yet to make it to day 10, I see :D
oh when the..show up yeah that's nothing try day 20 to 30 or going on a beefalo and pig man killing spree..
JudasIscariot: Someone has yet to make it to day 10, I see :D
A tree killed me... on day 21! :)))
Time to go to sleep if I want to go to work tomorrow.
Post edited April 23, 2013 by Novotnus
tinyE: I hate to be a Constanza but 11.99 on sale? Ouch! Hey, if the game is worth that then beautiful (a good enough game can be priceless) but I'm a tad weary of that possibility in this instance.
It costs the equivalent of $18 on the Steam UK store so it's a better price for me at least.
Looks interesting. Does the game has story ? or is it just survival sandbox game ?

Anyway, wish listed for now.
agylardi: Looks interesting. Does the game has story ? or is it just survival sandbox game ?

Anyway, wish listed for now.
I've made it up to day 30, and haven't seen much a story yet, but I know there is one, a very light one, but it's there.

Mostly you'll work out the world and how it works by just playing the game and experiencing it.
hucklebarry: Happens with every single game release. Even system shock 2 had some "disappointment" posts. It also happens with every sale and I'm pretty sure I even remember some complaints about the free games given away by GOG.

Entitlement will always leave a sour taste behind ;)

I'm generally happy anytime GOG gets a +1 in the catalog, although, admittedly, some offerings make me happier than others.
DCT: this, no matter what you do there will be someone bitching about something. They release a older title "oh it's not old enough", "it's not my cup of tea", "oh this game is a steaming pile, I thought you release GOOD games", they release a newer title "Oh where is the old games", "oh that's it, I'm not interested in this", "where's the linux version, guess I will go buy it off steam then" and so on. If they release a older title and a new title take your pick from any of the above. Fact is you can't win it's as the old expression goes "you can please some of the people some of the time but you will never please all the people all the time"

It does getting old seeing those posts though it's almost as annoying as the terraria fan base bitching about everything "what the hell, why did you stop with the free updates"(despite having been updated for free for over a year straight), updates resume "Oh look at this your giving us free updates again, well screw you. You greedy SOB(which kills me since it costing them nothing)" oh and yes there are people who have said he was greedy for resuming with the free updates, and then complaining about the updates themselves "oh what the hell all of this is just new content" and so on and so forth.
Good point. I get tired of these kinds of posts too. if you don't have something nice to say, why bother saying anything in a thread that is good news for others? Why rain on their parade? Negativity just brings people down so why go there? This place is for fun.