It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the tiger sleeps tonight…

<span class="bold">The Jungle Book</span>, the faithful videogame adaptation of Disney's beloved tale, is available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount. Grab this <span class="bold">together with the other two Disney classics</span> for a 33% discount.

He may look incredibly scrawny, but Mowgli is no wimp! After all, he's been raised in the jungle by wolves, and is best friends with a huge bear, a cheeky orangutan, and a wise black panther. And yet, when the vicious Bengal tiger Shere Khan threatens to put the young boy on his menu, Mowgli knows it's time to run.
His path to the nearest human village might be fraught with danger, but it's also full of platforming fun! For every animal that doesn't want to talk to him, there's a banana projectile with its name on it. For every tall tree there's a conveniently placed vine or a hole leading to its secrets. And for every unfortunate Game Over, the charming animations and catchy tunes are there to invite us right back into the action!

Navigate Mowgli through a magical story full of platforming nostalgia inside the pages of <span class="bold">The Jungle Book</span>, DRM-free on GOG.com.
The 10/33% discounts will last until August 8, 12:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LBbx41UaHVI
Post edited August 04, 2016 by maladr0Id
Pop!

Not sure people have seen these yet :)
adaliabooks: Pop!

Not sure people have seen these yet :)
just did :D

bought the games :D

still have the original junglebook and aladdin manuals, too bad i dont have the lion king manual anymore
Post edited August 04, 2016 by gamesfreak64
If the game is also like the MD one (it really looks like in the screensshots):

### HINT SPOILER ###

If you have a gamepad with auto-fire like those used for Shmups, it could be a good thing, especially against bosses.

### END HINT SPOILER ###
So, does anyone know which version of the game this is? If I am not mistaken there are different ones for SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, etc.
disulfiram: So, does anyone know which version of the game this is? If I am not mistaken there are different ones for SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, etc.
you're asking this because of possible better graphic quality ?
To me the game looks like pc version: pixels all the way :D

I am trying to get the dosbox run in 640x480 but it doesnt want me to do that apparently, all the dosbox driven games allow me to play it windowed, this will make the screen smaller but the graphics look less pixelated.

I want it (and all other disney games ) to look like this, check attachment: jbook_640x480.png
but the config wont let me, it ignores all my settings and reverts to full window or full screen.
Attachments:
disulfiram: So, does anyone know which version of the game this is? If I am not mistaken there are different ones for SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, etc.
It's the DOS version, which is identical to the Genesis one from what people are saying, but different to the SNES ones.
Faithful adaptation? Really?
I don't remember the stories or the movie being anything like that.
Absolute blast, GOG, thank you!
Alladin and Lion King are the games which I used to play as a children, definitely gonna buy them!

THANK YOU! <3
Post edited August 04, 2016 by Tarhiel
Smannesman: Faithful adaptation? Really?
I think they are using Artistic License
Does anyone know how to exit this? I always end up with ctrl+alt+del. It's so good to see those games again. Times when you had to pass game at ones without saving...I miss it
srdjan2288: Does anyone know how to exit this?
There was a thread exactly about this, in the subforum:
https://www.gog.com/forum/disney_the_jungle_book/uhhhhh_no_quit_to_dos